Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ujjal Kumar BhakatYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am suffering from gas and acidity from last two month and not have proper digestion also. Could you suggest or advice.
Whenever some acidity is there I feel slight nausea like all rotating. Later it vanishes. Is it truly because of acid.
I am 22 year old MALE. I have gas problem From past 5 days. Stomach ache problems sometimes much. What should I do? No loose motions.
I am 22 year old female and have complain of blood coming out while passing stool it doest not occur frequently only once a while and only occurs when I pass but hard stool. What should I do.
Dear Doctor, I'm 15 Years and while running more than 50meters I'm having a pain at my low part of my Abdominal part, why is this so? Is there any major issue? How to prevent/cure this? Please help me to solve this problem ,school sports day is near so I have to participate in running race 400 meters so I have to solve this major issue please reply me with the solution sir, Thank you! Kind regards,
I suspect I'm suffering from histaminosis. My symptoms are Stomach bloating, irritable bowels, low blood pressure, nasal congestion, difficulty breathing, panic attack, irritation and mucus in throat, pressure is head, head ache, fatigue, involuntary muscle movement, difficulty sleeping, pain behind eyes. Most of these symptoms occur after eating a meal. I was diagnosed with stomach ulcer and got treated for it 6 months back. I am 24 years old and living in pune India. I want to know what is wrong with me and what type of doctor can I consult for my problems.
Because of constipation when I go to stool, the blood comes from somewhere around anus. What should I do for this?
Mere Pitaji ko back side bhagandar ho gya hai piche se blooding v hota hai aur usko unhone operation kraya but koi response nahi unki age 47 hai please reply what we do?
I am 21 years but I have some gastric problem so I couldn't eat sufficient. I can eat only 3 chapatis. I want to gain weight. Now I am 49 kg only, what can I do?
I am feeling burning sensation in my chest since long. Was suffered from h pylori infection one year back which was treated. After that having acidic issues. Please suggest how to get rid off from burning sensation.
I am 24 years of age. I am suffering from gastric trouble. In morning my stomach is flat but after having breakfast, my stomach swells like a balloon. Even if I feel hungry I am not able to eat much. Even my motion is not clear. It has been days that I had clear motion. Everytime I feel like my stomach is full. Now a days I am not having dinner. I feel like vomiting when having dinner. Please suggest me some solution.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Does coffee act like a laxative. I'm 65 years old. After a drink of one coffee only I have to go to the bathroom.
Celiac disease is a condition in which the small intestine becomes sensitive and reactive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food. Gluten is a kind of a protein found in wheat or barley. In reality, if either of the partners is suffering from celiac disease then you are prone to fertility related issues.
Impact of Celiac disease
As compared to men, this disease is more common among women in general. Women suffering from the disease are generally more prone to infertility and other genealogical problems like preterm births and miscarriages. In the case of men, the disease causes the infertility problems including sperm abnormalities such as low count, abnormal shape, reduced function and such others. Additionally, men with the untreated celiac disease might also have reduced levels to testosterone.
Infertility and Celiac disease
Infertility is one of the lesser known effects of the celiac disease, which is relatively uncommon amongst people. The disease causes infertility by affecting the menstrual cycle among women either in a direct or indirect manner. Some of the infertility related problems caused due the disease are listed below.
- Delayed occurrence of menstruation
- Early menopause
- Secondary amenorrhea (a medical condition associated with sudden cessation of menstruation for 6 months or more)
- Hormonal disruptions and abnormal changes
Celiac disease is usually diagnosed by its own set of underlying symptoms such as chronic fatigue syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), iron-deficiency anemia, and such others. Additionally, the condition can be diagnosed if a person is having repeated miscarriages or inability to conceive for unidentified causes.
What can you do about it?
If you experience symptoms of Celiac disease, consult your doctor at the earliest and follow the treatments and preventative measures suggested. Additionally, you can also consult a dietician who will help you to move on to a low grain or no grain diet that would help you further to avoid the disease.