Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Udayshankar Chatterjee
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Udayshankar ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
My daughter is just 2.5 years old. My wife says she had got funsni just due to heat. Place a ac was suggested by gokuldham medical hospital I can not afford it at the movement and very tense. She start itching before going to sleep. What should I do. Any better solution.
My baby is 22 days old. Her body contains small small red pimples I think it is due to heat. Suggest me to reduce heat. I am giving breastfeed for my child .i do not drink curd, buttermilk. is it the reason for the heat. Help me out by naming some cool food.
My son is just 3 months old. His head stays warm like fever since a week. And other parts of his body remains normal. People are suggesting to bath him regularly. I'm just scared about his head's temperature. Its not a major problem?
My daughter age is 30 years, Has a severe pain on the back side of her head and cough, fever, and breathing problem. Doctor has informed me as it is a migraine problem. Kindly guide me for the same.
My 3 years old son has mild autism. He does not speak. His behaviour is repetitive and also hyperactive. I want to know ayurvedic treatment is better for him. Please suggest me.
Hi my 40 days old newborn gets lot of gas and he used to fart a lot two weeks before. Lately he is not able to fart. He struggles alot. So doc gave Neopeptine drops to help me pass the wind. Also she gave colicaid if the child gets close. Can you explain what are two drops for. As I feel both means the same. And why so much of gas is formed in this body. Its too much as compared to other kids.
Sports injuries are very common in children because in this age they are most likely to involve themselves in a lot of outdoor activities. A sports injury can be minor cuts and bruises or can be a major fracture or broken bones. The bones of children are more porous than children, therefore injuries can happen more easily. Dehydration, not wearing proper sports equipment and not warming up before makes a child more vulnerable to a sports injury.
The common types of sports injury in children are as follows:
- Contusion- It is a portion of tissue or skin in which blood capillaries have been damaged. The effects may vary from a hematoma to compartment syndrome.
- Lacerations- A laceration is a deeply cut wound, that is, a tear in the skin or flesh. In case of a laceration try to wash the wound as soon as possible.
- Sprains- A sprain is a stretch or a tear in the ligament. A ligament is a fibrous tissue that joins the bones and joints. Bracing and proper rest can cure sprains. However severe cases may require surgery.
- Strain- The cure for a strain is similar to that of sprain. Rest, icing, compression and elevation are the initial steps to cure a strain. It mostly occurs in the muscles and myotendinous joints.
- Rotator cuff tendonitis- Repeating overhead activities or dislocation or contusion of the shoulder causes rotator cuff tendonitis. Shoulder pain that doesn't cease or pain that occurs when a person tries to do a certain overhead activity are the common symptoms.
- Thrower’s shoulder/elbow- When a child practices throwing, an excessive number of times they are likely to get thrower's shoulder or thrower’s elbow.
- Osgood Schlatter disease- This disease arises when a child is in their growth phase. Irritation and inflammation at the growth surface of the shin bone give rise to Osgood Schlatter disease. This can be cured by stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Jumper’s knee- When there is inflammation or irritation of the growth plate at the bottom of the patella. This disease is similar to Osgood Schlatter disease and usually observed in children in their growing phase.
- Shoulder dislocation- In this type of injury, the upper arm bone comes out of the shoulder socket. It is an extremely painful condition generally caused by an extremely hard collision.
- Patella dislocation- It is a kind of knee injury in which the patella or the kneecap comes out of its original position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!