Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Udayshankar ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
My daughter's son is 1.5 year old. Which milk is safe for him. He is on breastfeed currently. Can v give cow milk? His weight is 12 kg.
I have child and his age is 3. 6 years, but he cant speak well. He can repeat what we are speaking. But he can not speak properly.
Hi my question is what cause phlegm in babies. & what precautions should one take at home for 5 months old babies?
Hi, my baby is 2 month 23 days old. His birth wt. Was 2.6 kg and currently he is 5 kgs. I have following queries 1. My kid has recently started eating his hand and sucking his thumb. Is it normal? Shall I stop him from doing so? 2.he is normally breast fed. But sometimes I need to go out. What formula can I give him and in how much quantity? 3. He feeds after 3 or 4 hours is it normal? Sometimes he sleeps for 6 hours at night. Alsohe does not burps during night feedings? Is it fine?
12 years old girl Suffering from allergic cough since birth. Cough will be throughout the year. She is avoiding fridge items and all. Still she is getting. Please suggest.
My 1-month old baby seems to have hydrocele. What are your suggestions that I should follow to not let him go through in future.
I am a mother of one baby girl she is 2 month my issue is I am not giving her a proper feeding bcoz I can't increase my breast milk please give me medicine naam for increasing a breast milk.
Bitter gourd falls into the group of other vegetables which possess high amount of moisture. Due to its high moisture content, these vegetables are highly perishable. They contribute to high amount fiber than any other nutrients. Small bitter gourd is more nutritious than the bigger one.
There are lot of health beneficial known for the intake of bitter gourd. It has good medicinal properties that it is used in treating fever, colic, burns, chronic cough in painful manifestation of skin condition. The extract of bitter gourd helps in killing the breast cancer cells. Consuming more than 2 melons/ day may often lead to diarrhea.
There are certain evidences that consumption of bitter gourd in any form in one's daily menu, may result in the prevention or control of diabetes. The key elements in the vegetable helps in the treatment of diabetes. The key elements which showcase the anti diabetic property of this vegetable include
Charantin helps in lowering the blood glucose level. Vicine is a insulin like compound known as polypeptide p. Lectin, reduces the blood glucose level by suppressing the appetite and making the stored glucose to be used up by the body. The mechanism behind the activity is that it reduces the amount of glucose by inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown the disaccharides to monosaccharide.
Thus whatsoever the vegetable is, daily consumption always have beneficial effects to the body. Hence, increase your consumption and stays healthy.
My baby weight 4 kgs and she is 3rd month baby girl. Is her weight is good or bad? Mother feeding of my baby is very low, she drink formula milk. How to increase her weight?
7 years old my daughter is suffering from multiple cavities, if she get new teeth will she get cavities again? how to get rid of this problem?
My baby is 5 and half months old. She is vomiting continuously. I gave domstal even though she is vomiting continuously. What shall I do please tell me.
Hi sir/maam . My child age is 13 yrs, he is interesting to do ladies works and spend on more time to girls and play with girls games, this type of case can I do any hormone test or he needs any operation? Could you please suggest me.
I have delivered a baby four months ago. Since then he is solely depend on my feed. Initially the lactation was good enough but gradually I noticed the lactation become unhealthy. I am keenly taking care on a balanced diet, started having jeera powder & shatavari churna as well besides other meals. But still not satisfied with the lactation. I hv started with monthly periods as well. Kindly suggest me what other than that I can do for healthy lactation.
My baby is 11 months old now. He doesn't wish to eat anything except breastfeeding or water. He has to be forcibly fed after 3-4 hours. He is weak also and has not started walking or standing by himself. What should I do?
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.