Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. U. LodhYour feedback matters!
I am losing my energy and I am suffering from kidney stone please give me any suitable medicine or suitable therapy.
I am a 24 yr. Old male and suffering from bed-wetting for the last 7/8 years (or more than that). Please suggest me some home remedy or other treatment for this. Below are some of the things which I have noticed and think these might be helpful to diagnose the actual problem - 1. Occurs during early morning time, more specifically in between 4. 00am to 6. 30am. 2. In 99% of the cases, I found myself sleeping in a" freefall" position (resting on stomach). 3. In most of the cases while wetting the bed, I was dreaming about something in sleep. 4. Normally my sleep is very much deep though I wake up within 7 or 7. 30 in the morning. 5. Normally I drink hardly 200ml of water prior 2 hours to sleep and I don't consume alcohol at all. 6. Most of the cases when bed-wetting happened, I was not going through any mental stress. 7. I couldn't find any unusual urination behaviour ever. Please let me know if you want some other inputs from me. Waiting for your reply. Thanks!
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.
Problem of hypertonic urine even sufficient water is being consumed. Burning feel while urinating and sometimes stomach pain too. What could be the possible symptoms?
I am 38 years old and had kidney transplantation done 4 months ago, is it safe for me to consume ginger lemon tea or cardamom tea.
Hi, I have a stone 4.5 mm in ureter and another stone 3 mm in right kidney. My problem is that some time I feel burn while urine and feel burn after ejaculations, kindly suggest me this problem is due to ureteric stone, or some other problem can be there. My ultrasound and urine test was done on 14th july (4 days ago) in which these stones are found. And blood cells in urine was 40 to 50, I am taking water more than I need, some time drink beer also. Please help me, why I feel burning in penis.
Hi doctor m 25 years old. After urinate my testis are paining, feeling dullness in scrotum, sometimes it's shrink and heavy paining .bad smell in urine. Im getting treatment since last 2 years bt there is nothing improvement. I done 3-4 times color Doppler, scrotum usg, That shows varicocele n mild epididymis cyst. N also did urine routine that shows normal almost all doctor's said to me there nothing serious. They gave me painkiller. N suggest to were supporter. Bt this not reduce my pain. But the day by day my pain is gaining. Doctor I am so worried about that. All time m thinking about that. Various negative things comes in mind. About my marriage n all Doctor pls pls pls help me.
Hello sir, I examined my KUB ultrasonography which revealed as report :-MIldly thickened urinary bladder wall with approx .44 cc. Of residual urine>plz prescribe a medicine which I shall take. Is the deformity is curable? please give me advice via my email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am 55 years old female, facing recurrent uti for the last 2 years, on antibiotics neftran every alternate month, having cranberry capsules also, 5 years back my tvt was done for incontinence ultrasound says residual urine is slightly excess kindly advise.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What to do for enlarged prostate because of this I'm getting urinary tract infection. I am taking medicines for two weeks but still I'm getting frequent urination with more urgency and irritation during urination.
Try to maintain daily urine output around 2.5 -- 3.0 litres a day. This is the most important tip for prevention in stone recurrence.