Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tirthankar DasguptaYour feedback matters!
Hi, i am 37 years old. My problem is that i can't remember the things my memory is getting very weak day by day and also i am losing my power to discuss or argue, when i ever i have i entered in any discussion or any argument my brain stops working it goes blank i can't recall any thing. Please help
I was in love with a girl, and it was one sided but extreme. I wanted to marry her. Now the conditions have changed to such an extent that I can marry any girl but not her. I am not able to figure out the main reason, but may be the slight negative attitude she shows towards me. Now I am in a condition where neither I can forgot her, I want to get away from her but internally I still wish I could marry her. This feeling has bring an all time sadness in my mind, thereby affecting my professional and personal lyf. I am unable to concentrate on any damn thing. Please someone suggest what I can actually do to gey rid of all this.
Hi doctor, how are you. I am middle class, male, 36, from india living in a metro city. I lost my father a long time ago and my mother 3 years ago. By profession, I am an un-successful software engineer. My marriage broke few years ago (it was a 3 months marriage, no children) and my wife harassed me a lot due to one sided laws in india. I have a fight with both my sisters. At present, I am living alone (with my dog). In the past few years, I have taken a lot of emotional stress due to which my health deteriorated a lot. Now, my problem is that when ever I get angry, there is a lot of pain in my kidneys. I think there is a huge problem in the lower abdominal part of my body but its not showing anything serious when I conducted the normal whole-body test. What do you suggest about my problem? Should I go for some advanced tests?
I am a 23 yr old ca student and want to increase concentration. I am having hard time while studying due to lack of concentration. Please help.
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced.