Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Tara Sankar BhattacharyyaYour feedback matters!
I have pain from last 3 years in my right foot I have gone to many doctors and I have taken many medicines also but no result so what should I do pls help me out with this my pain is unbearable my age is 40.
I have back pain in lower part. I do believe it due to my regular and continue work on computer. Please suggest
I am 42 year's old I am having sever pain in right knee, white waking I have no pain but while climbing step I am very sever pain Dr. told me to wear knee cap and given homeopathic medicine.
My age is 30(male) years facing back pain(up side of hip) while I am standing from down to up after some time. Please suggest
If the patient is suffering from any of the below symptoms, he might be having Rheumatic Diseases.
• Joint pains and swellings
• Severe joint pains and stiffness in the morning
• Severe back pain and stiffness in the morning
• Unexplained generalized body pains
• Recurrent mouth ulcers/hair loss
• Dryness of mouth/eyes,red rashes on cheeks
• Recurrent heel pains
• Prolonged unexplained fevers after detailed work up by physicians
• Wounds on skin not healing over a period of time referred by a surgeon and physician,Persistent problems regarding abortions referred after primary work up by a gynaecologist,Recurrent uvietis after primary work up by an ophthalmologist,Unexplained pulmonary renal syndromes at primary care level.
It is important to see a Rheumatologist, who has the training and experience to diagnose various forms of inflammatory arthritis
• when the initial diagnosis is in doubt
• to pick up and manage extraarticular manifestations like vasculitis, eye involvement, pleuropulmonary involvement, lymphadenopathy etc in rhematoid arthritis
• arthritis not controlled by traditional DMARDS
• connective tissue disorders like SLE, sjogrens syndrome, systemic sclerosis, mixed and undifferentiated connective tissue disorders etc
• Vasculitidis and other rare autoimmune diseases.
I' m 47 years old. 1. My hair is very scanty is there anyway to get volume and strength to my hair as I can see my scalp. 2. I feel very heavy and while I walk I get a lot of chest pain and higher backache. How do I resolve my problems
Hi. This is renu I am a 31 yes female. I have a back pain from last 2 years. I have taken so many treatment but I didn't get any response. Can you please help me out reg. This.
Hello Sir, What is the perfect and easy treatment of arthritis (small joints) having minimum side effects
Im 21 years I used sleep 9 to 10 hours during night.in daytime also im getting sleep. If I not slept in daytime means I become nervous, inactive and paining of legs. What should I do.
Hello Sir, I am suffering from pain in Thigh while walking, in staircase from last two days. Please assist me on this. Thanks, Nirmal.
I am 19 years old male I have some problems when I was running at morning few days before I have pain in my left leg joint for this I can't run properly suggest me.
Doc my father has a lot of pain in his legs and lower back since days and it's not reducing. Please help me with an advice.
My father in law who is 61 yrs now had undergone angioplasty in 2007. The stent was inserted through the right side. From last year there is numbness (less sensation) on the right thigh and pain occurs when he stands for a long time or walks for about 2 kms. Is it due to the operation or some other cause? kindly advice.
I am 23 years old female. And I have acne over my face, shoulder, chest, back since five years. So please recommend me best treatment to treat my acne. Thank you.
Hello, My sister who is 28 years old got married two months back. After two weeks of marriage she wasn't well n suffering pain in her back n wasn't able to getup from her bed. Doctors done her blood n urine tests which showed dat her right ovary is enlarged. She had problem with her periods which usually came after every 2-3 months time. Secondly doctor also suggested her MRI scanning which showed dat she is having axial ankylosing spondylitis. Can you suggest dat what is it actually and how is it going to affect her in future n will she cure from these? Will she have children n what is risk for her children? Kindly suggest d causes, treatments n care to be taken for her kids.
Taking knee replacement surgery to the next level
When the world is driven by technology, can we as surgeons can be far behind?
Let's see what does technology has to offer to a knee replacement surgeon?
Precise alignment and balancing of the new knee implants is imperative for its long time survival - that's where technology kicks in. The computer helps us to accurately define the axis and the angles so that your new knee fits well and is placed within millimeters of defined scientific parameters. It reduces the chances of human error towards the placement of the new knee implants. If the implants are not aligned well it leads to pain, poor function and early loosening and failure of the surgery. This technology has lead to an improvement in the precision factor of the surgery and made the results more predictable and reproducible.
How is it different from the conventional/regular knee replacement surgery and what advantages can you derive from the procedure?
A number of benefits can be derived from computer navigated knee replacement surgery such as:
1. It enables us to make smaller incisions with minimal soft tissue dissection occurring as well. As a consequence, there's greater protection of your quadriceps tendon and muscle during the procedure which helps in early rehabilitation.
2. Bone cuts are more precise in nature as well as are reproduced in a highly clear manner imparting greater accuracy and fit of the implant.
3. In a computer navigated knee replacement the ligament balancing is done in a highly precise manner which ensures the longevity of the new knee.
4. It eliminates the need to place a rod inside the intramedullary bone canal of the thigh bone, thereby, decreasing chances of postoperative bleeding and embolism.
5. In complex cases involving deformity of the thigh or leg bones due to previous fracture, excessive bowing, and trauma implants such as plate and screws in situ, traditional alignments systems are difficult to use. In these cases, computer navigated knee surgery is the most preferred method as all these doesn't pose any challenge.
The outcome is a better performance of the replaced knee, both short and long-term in nature.
Related Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?