Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tapan Kumar SarkarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 yr female. I had last protected sex on 6 may. and my periods date is 14 may. Last month date was 14 april. When should I have pregnancy test?
There are a number of ways in modern day medical science for helping couples conceive, in case they are not able to do so in a natural way. Apart from IUI, IVF and other forms of artificial insemination, one such way is ovulation induction. In this procedure, the ovaries are stimulated to release an egg which can maximize the chances of natural conception, or even through IUI. This is an effective process that works well, provided there are no other infections and diseases at play. It basically works by stoking the relevant hormones with the help of tablets and injections. Let us find out more about the process.
Varied Tests: Before embarking on the process, the doctor will conduct a number of tests to ensure that you are capable of conceiving by natural means or even with artificial insemination. These tests help in making sure that there are no other ailments in the picture, which may hamper the process of ovulation induction or affect the ovaries in general.
Ovulation Cycle: Thereafter, the doctor will take blood samples in order to study the exact ovulation cycle that the body follows. These blood samples will be studied to measure the level of hormones at different stages so as to find out the most opportune time when the situation may be congenial for the ovulation induction to begin. A transvaginal ultrasound will also be carried out so that the doctor may study the development of follicles within the ovaries. These follicles usually line the ovaries. This ultrasound will also study the thickness and appearance of the womb’s lining.
The Ovulation Induction Cycle: The ovulation induction cycle will begin with tests that will happen starting from day one to day four. Once the tests have ascertained that the body is ready to go through the process with maximum chances of conception, the process will begin on fourth day. On this day, the patient will be given medication like Clomiphene Citrate. This medicine is also usually given to patients who are undergoing IUI or artificial insemination as it is said to increase the likelihood of conception. The Follicle Stimulating Hormone injection will also be given to the patient on the same day.
After the Medication: Once the medication and injections have been administered, the patient will have to go through a test to study the hormone levels in the body. This usually takes place around day 10 or 11. Thereafter, two weeks later, the patient will go through an ultrasound to find out if the ovulation is about to begin.
Time: While this is an effective method, one must remember that the ovulation results may take time for women who do not have normal menstrual cycles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
नमक के महत्वपूर्ण उपयोग।
वास्तुशास्त्र में नमक को बहुत महत्वपूर्ण माना जाता है। नमक के अलग-अलग इस्तेमाल से घर से नकारातमक ऊर्जा निकल जाती है और सकारात्मक ऊर्जा का संचार होता है। मानसिक शांति, सेहत, सुख-समृद्धि और पैसे के मामले में नमक की भूमिका अहम है। वास्तु के अनुसार यदि नमक का सही ढंग से इस्तेमाल किया जाए, तो एक चुटकी नमक ही काफी है दुर्भाग्य को सौभाग्य में बदलने के लिए.।
➖एक चुटकी नमक का कमाल.
यदि आप आए दिन बीमार रहते हैं। घर में परिवार के सदस्यों के बीच आए दिन झगड़े होते हैं। हर तरफ नकारात्मकता नजर आती है, तो नमक वाले पानी से पूरे घर में पोंछा लगाएं। बस पोंछे वाले पानी में एक चुटकी काला नमक मिलाएं, फिर देखें इसका कमाल। कुछ दिनों में इसका असर देखने को मिल जाएगा। यदि हर दिन संभव ने हो, तो मंगलवार को जरूर नमक को पोंछा लगाएं। इस उपाय से न सिर्फ घर की नकारात्मकता दूर होगी, घर में सकारात्मक एनर्जी आएगी। परविार के सदस्य बीमार भी नहीं पड़ते हैं। सौभाग्य के दरवाजे खुलेंगे।
➖किसमें रखें नमक.➖
आप जरा अपने घर में यह देखिए कि जिस बर्तन मतें नमक रखा जा रहा है, वह किस चीज से बना है। स्टील यानी लोहे से बने बर्तन में नमक कभी नहीं रखना चाहिए। वास्तु में ऐसी मान्यता है कि नमक को हमेशा कांच के जार में भरकर रखना चाहिए। साथ ही इसमें एक लौंग डाल दें, तो फिर सोने पे सुहागा. इससे घर में सुख-समृद्धि तो रहती ही है। पैसों की भी कभी कमी महसूस नहीं होती। धन का फ्लो बना रहता है।
➖नमक मानसिक शांति भी देता है.➖
यदि आपका मन हर बेचैन रहता है। न तो घर में मन लगता, न बाहर, ना ही ऑफिस में.आप लाख कोशिश करते हैं, फिर मानसिक शांति नहीं मिल रही होती है। ऐसी समस्या से निजात पाने के लिए नमक का उपाय रामबाण का काम करता है। इस उपाय में भी एक चुटकी नमक कमाल करता है। जी हां, नहाते समय समय पानी में एक चुटकी नमक मिला लें और उससे स्नान करें। वास्तु विशेषज्ञों की मानें, तो ऐसा करने से मानसिक बेचैनी कम हो जाती है। तन-मन हमेशा तरोताजा रहता है। आलस्य से छुटकारा मिल जाता है।
➖डॉक्टर है नमक.
यदि घर में कोई लंबे समय से बीमार चल रहा हो, तो उसके बिस्तर के पास कांच की बोतल में नमक भरकर रखें और हर महीने इसे बदल दें। वास्तु शास्त्र के मुताबिक, ऐसा करने से बीमार व्यक्ति की सेहत में काफी सुधार आ सकता है। यह उपाय तब तक करते रहें, जब तक वह व्यक्ति पूरी तरह से स्वस्थ ने हो जाए।
➖पहाड़ी नमक का कमाल.➖
कौन व्यक्ति नहीं चाहेगा कि उसके घर में हमेशा सुख-शांति बनी रहे, लेकिन हम देखते हैं कि व्यक्ति हर तरह से सम्पन्न होता है, लेकिन बावजूद इसके उसके घर में सुख आ अभाव रहता है। शांति भंग हो जाती है। असल में वास्तुदोष होने से घर में नकारात्मकता प्रवेश होता है और व्यक्ति परेशान रहता है। इससे छुटकारा पाने के लिए या वास्तुदोष खत्म करने के लिए इसमें एक नमक का उपाय बहुत कारगर साबित हो सकता है। बाजार में पहाड़ी नमक भी मिलता है। इसे लाकर अपने घर के एक कोने में रख दें। आप कुछ ही में महसूस करेंगे कि घर की सारी नकारात्मकत एनर्जी दूर हो जाएगी। परिवार के लोग खुश रहने लगेंगे। घर में सुख-शांति फैल जाएगी।
➖नमक को लेकर ये दो सावधानियां.➖
प्राचीन मान्यता है कि यदि आप नमक सीधे किसी के हथेली में रखकर देते हैं, तो इससे उस व्यक्ति के साथ आपका झगड़ा हो सकता है। इसलिए इस बात को हमेशा ध्यान रखें कि नमक कभी किसी को हाथ में न दें, बल्कि चम्मच से बर्तन के जरिए दें। इसके अलावा नमक को कभी जमीन में न गिरने दें। नमक को कभी बेकार भी मत होने दें।
Mam and also I had gone for depression many times in this month regarding my job n family pblms may be that is the reason for my missing period I think and em in dilemma if bcoz my boy friend ejected his sperms on dress. I. E my pant. Plzzz guide me mam em very much disappointed and getting irritated for missing my periods?
My wife is not interested in having sex, she does not feel the orgasm. I do a lot of fore play. She love licking the vagina, but does not love to go further not she gets fully satisfied. Kindly suggest a valuable way to satisfy her at the most.
M 29 years female. I had unprotected sex while periods and then within next 24 hrs I had taken ipill. But after completing my periods of on 3rd or 4th day there are symptoms of bleeding again. But I also had pregnancy check with prega news it showed negative now please let me know if I have to again check for pregnancy or should I wait n if there are any chances of pregnancy.
I am 32 years old and I am constantly feeling tired. I get 8 hrs of sleep or more but always feel tired and never have any energy to get out of bed to do anything. What can I do to change this?
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Doctor, I am 31 years old married want a surrogate baby, but I am not very rich to afford high amount. Please advice me. Thank you
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th weak. But in the second weak she had jumps on rope climbing in manali. Does that effect baby.
Hie I talk before on same topic about my irregular periods. My weight is ok. My copper t is ok. Doctor told my abt scan it is also fyn. In my cu-t its only said in bold lines that cu-t seen in situ. Now my doctor asked me to give blood test. On february my periods came after taking medicine then on march I perioDs came after taking homeopathic medicine and on ds month april I do my scan. Dr. Gave me medicine and said give your blood samples during periods. Pls advice me something what can I do. The test names are FSH/LH, S. Prolactin, T. SH, S. Testosterone. I ate medicine but my periods dnt came. How I can give my blood test if my periods dnt come. Medicine named which my gynae gavePRIMOLUP-N.
I had sex last night and I ate about half of a pineapple today. But I happened to hear that it prevent from being pregnant. Is that true? Do it prevent me from being pregnant?
My wife is five month pregnant. Now she is suffering low thyroid what can I do . She have high blood pressure in last pregnancy. HELP SYNDROME.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent Specialist.