Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tapan Kuamr Khan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tapan Kuamr KhanYour feedback matters!
I am 19 and I had sex with my boyfriend but during sex his foreskin was teared a bit n the blood entered my vagina, do I need to take any contraceptive pills?
Microsurgical varicocelectomy with delivery of testis and without delivery of testis ,which is best ?for future for adolescents.
Before 3-4 day of sex then how to know the sign of pregnancy? And what was that sign? How can be sure but I use condom during intercourse so ill be not sure? What should I do?
Turmeric is widely used in cooking spicy dishes all over the world. But there are several pieces of research, which prove the efficacy of turmeric or haldi in warding off ailments like dementia and reduce the risk of cancer to a great extent. Turmeric has the highest usage in countries like India and Sri Lanka followed by other parts of the planet.
As per the results of the World Alzheimer’s Report, it is found that only about 3.6 percent of South Asians aged above 60 suffer from dementia which is quite lower than 6.4 percent of people in Australia as well as 7.2 percent of people in Western Europe. In similar lines, the World Health Organisation says that the rate of cancer patients is lower in India in stark comparison to the higher rates of more developed countries. If an individual is looking for the benefits of turmeric, he would come across several reasons to add more turmeric to foods on a daily basis.
- Reduces the risk of cardiac problems: Curcumin present in turmeric can have a positive effect on people suffering from high cholesterol. Animal studies opine that it can considerably lower down cholesterol levels as well as prevent building up off LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus, it is a viable means of preventing plaque build-up which in turn may block the arteries and lead to strokes and cardiac arrests.
- Fights inflammatory diseases: The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric can work as a potential anti-inflammatory medication without causing any unwanted side effects. It is also helpful in treating minor nicks and cuts and it can be administered with warm milk to heal any kind of inflammatory disease inside the body. There has been a study which showed turmeric to be useful in treating pain and disability stemming from osteoarthritis. Turmeric is also found helpful in combatting seasonal flu and viral infections.
- Helps in digestion and supports weight loss: Turmeric stimulates the gall bladder which in turn produces bile. As bile helps in digestion of fat, health experts are of opinion that turmeric improves overall digestion and may also aid in controlling weight. It is useful in treating bloating and excessive gas formation caused by improper digestion.
- Helps in maintaining blood sugar levels: Turmeric plays a crucial role in improving glucose control as well as controlling activities of insulin. It has the potential to bring about a drop in blood sugar levels. So, an individual with high blood sugar should add optimum amounts of turmeric in diet along with diabetes medication to help in reducing the blood sugar levels. But it is important to monitor the sugar levels continually to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia which is characterised by sugar levels dropping lower than required.
In addition to all these, there is a clear indication that turmeric helps in cancer prevention, reducing breast cancer, skin, and pancreatic problems along with multiple myelomas and juvenile leukemia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
We had unprotected sex while she was on her periods. She wasn't bleeding much. But still we decided to get an ipill. She had periods right after three days. Is it safe? Her next period is expected by now but it's becoming late.
Hello Doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. My Dr. Suggested me to do nifty test. What is this suggest and its benefit.
1.In porn movies how they doing anus sex. In general girls r not liking the anus sex. They feel more pain , itching & irritation burning . At the same time it's a good for a healthy sex life ? 2.what's the advantages & disadvantages of anus sex.Please tell.
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.