Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tapan Kuamr Khan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Tapan Kuamr KhanYour feedback matters!
Myself 19 years old woman, got infection in my vagina for last 3 days and feeling pain during sex. please suggest me the right medicine.
My last period date is 15. But I saw little brown spotting yesterday. Is this the symptoms of periods or this is normal. One more thing can I take 1 primolut n and then if I stop taking more tablet will be I in periods or not. Cause I have to go for trip till 9 sept and I don't want to be in periods please suggest?
Are you aware of the condition known as oligohydramnios during pregnancy, in which there is too less amniotic fluid? The amniotic fluid is an important part of your baby’s support system. It helps in protecting your baby and in the development of lungs, muscles, limbs, and the digestive system. The amount of this fluid can be measured via several methods. amniotic fluid index (AFI) evaluation is commonly used for measurement. When the results show a fluid level less than five centimeters, you need to diagnose yourself for oligohydramnios.
There are several causes, which may lead to low amniotic fluid levels in your body. They are as follows:
- Birth defects: Issues in proper development of the urinary tract or the kidneys lead to decreased urine production, which in turn results in decreased amniotic fluid levels.
- Placental problems: When your placenta does not provide sufficient supply of blood and nutrients to the baby, it may not recycle the fluid anymore.
- Leaking of membranes: A tear in the membrane may cause a slow trickling of fluid, or a rapid gush of fluid. The premature rupture of membranes (PROM) also leads to low levels of amniotic fluid.
- Post date pregnancy: Low amniotic fluid levels may occur during a post date pregnancy. It is a form of pregnancy that lasts for 42 weeks.
- Maternal complications: Several factors like hypertension, maternal dehydration, diabetes, and chronic hypoxia may lead to decreased levels of amniotic fluid levels during pregnancy.
The treatment for low amniotic fluid level depends on your gestational age. In case you are not full term, you will be closely monitored and your fluid levels will be observed. Non-stress and contraction stress tests may be conducted for monitoring the activities of your baby. If you are almost near full term, delivery is recommended by most health practitioners, in case of low amniotic fluid levels.
Other treatment methods that are used include the following:
- Amino infusion during labor via an intrauterine catheter is carried out. The added fluids help with the umbilical cord padding during delivery. It also helps in lowering the chances of a Cesarean delivery.
- The injection of amniotic fluid before delivery via amniocentesis is also undertaken. It is likely for the oligohydramnios to reoccur within one week after this treatment procedure, but it helps doctors to visualize your fetal anatomy and diagnose the condition.
Maternal rehydration using oral fluids and IV fluids also helps in increasing the amniotic fluid levels. It is important for you to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis so that the most ideal treatment can be prescribed to you.
My period was missed 0ne week but my pregnancy test is week positive what happens to me what should I do.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.
Married since 1.5 years having baby boy of nine months, I would like to know about taking daily tablets for avoiding pregnancy for at least next two years and have heard its not good to take tablets as it's harmful to the body. Please suggest and share any harmless tablets.
Macular degeneration, also known as age-related macular degeneration, is a medical condition which may result in blurred or no vision in the center of the visual field. Over time, however, some people experience a gradual worsening of vision that may affect one or both eyes.