Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tapan Kr Sarkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tapan Kr SarkarYour feedback matters!
There are many people worldwide who suffer from a condition known as Piles or Haemorrhoids. In individuals with piles, the veins in the anal canal become inflamed and swollen causing pain and extreme discomfort (anal bleeding after defecation) during the bowel movement. There may be anal itching along with a mucous discharge from the anus. While in some people piles or hemorrhoids may appear within the inner part of the anal canal (Internal Piles), in others they may be present on the outer side of the rectum (External Piles).
Is constipation the main cause?
One of the underlying factors that trigger piles is chronic constipation. In constipation, the stool becomes hard, dry, and large. There is straining during the bowel movement. All these exert immense pressure on the rectum resulting in the blood vessels present around the rectum and the anus to undergo swelling and inflammation giving rise to hemorrhoids or piles.
In addition to constipation, the other factors that may cause piles include
- Severe diarrhea
- Lack of physical activity or a sedentary lifestyle
- Obesity can also act as a trigger
- In some people, piles may be a genetic predisposition
Ayurveda for piles
It is a well-known fact that constipation acts as a catalyst resulting in piles. Ayurveda works towards not only treating piles but also eliminating the underlying factors. As per Ayurveda, constipation occurs when there is a dip in the digestive fire. There is a disruption of the balance between the doshas (Vata, Kapha, and Pitta). As a result, toxins (Ama) build up in the body (especially in the rectum resulting in constipation). The disruption of the dosha balance can be brought about by a plethora of factors including lack of physical activity, unhealthy diet, and even obesity. Thus, the first step towards treating piles involves the elimination of the Ama from the body so that the balance between the three doshas can be restored.
- Jimikand and Haritaki are wonder herbs that play a pivotal role in dealing with constipation and piles by improving the overall functioning of the digestive system.
- The diet also undergoes healthy modifications. Consume fruits and vegetables such as mangoes, dried figs, papaya, bitter gourd, radish, onion, ginger, green leafy vegetables, which act as a tonic in the case of piles and constipation. Whole grains, legumes, brown rice are healthy options. However, processed and packaged foods, coffee, tea, aerated drinks, and beverages, colocasia, potato, should be avoided.
- Drink lots of water. A well-hydrated body will be more effective in dealing with constipation and also eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Physical activities, yoga, and exercise can go a long way to improve the condition of piles as well as constipation.
- Avoid having cold or stale foods.
- Oil massage using a specially prepared herbal oil can play a significant role in the detoxification of the body.
- Panchakarma (especially Basti where the toxins accumulated in the lower colon are eliminated using an Ayurvedic enema) can also help in the detoxification of the body thereby improving the condition of constipation and piles.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!