Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Tapan GowsamiYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I get up in the night because my body suddenly takes a severe jerk. What could be the reason.
I am suffering from insomnia since my childhood. What should I do to stop this. Am not able to sleep at all. Please give me a solution for this.
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
1. Medication: Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
2. Surgery: Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
- Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
- Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
- Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
- Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
3. Dietary changes: A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
I am a female, aged 29. Having a nerve pain in left-hand for last 3 weeks. Its near the wrist. I can see and feel the nerve is badly swelled now. Also not able to move the hand or do any work. It pains very badly and if I stretch my thumb and specifically after I wake up in morning. Today can felt that my right hand's same nerve's 2-3 areas are swelling too! Please suggest me what should I do.
I have a had a numb foot and am now recovering but will you please suggest me any tablet to recover fast?
Hi, I am 16 years old girl, having ESR-24, Platelate count-120, Nutrophils -40, Lymphocytes-54%, Monocytes-06%. Suffering now from breathing problem, and tremor of hands and legs. Is there any risk? what to do?
I am 42 years old. On 25th july 2015 I had brain hemorrhage due to high blood pressure. And my left limbs was paralyzed. What is the treatment??
MY SISTER IS A DEPRESSION PATIENT AND NOW WITH INSOMNIA SYMPTOMS.PLEASE SUGGEST ANY MEDICINE FOR MEMORY AND DEPRESSION.
Hi Doctor, My husband age is 39 weight is 66 kg height is 5 feet 4 inches. He is suffering from insomnia for past 1 year and now his bp is in level 170/110 as he is not getting adequate sleep. We took ECG as his bp level is high but it looks normal. Please advice how to cure insomnia and will curing that reduce blood pressure.
Sir. She had pain in her head since 5 days. She has migraine problem and taking medicines for same. She has taken pills for headache but it doesn't work. Please tell what to do, she is taking enough sleep but it doesn't work. Also she feels pain when going in sun.
I got Frequently ache in head. I am bot able to listen loud sounds like horns ,alarm clock etc doc said that may be its because of stress and it can cause migraine .sir I dont know what to do to avoid that please help me.
When walking on the road a stone hit my head because of speeding car and on the right side of my head above my right ear it started bleeding. Bleeding stopped same day. The bruise is not big. Now its dried but my head keeps hurting. Should I need to do a scan or mri.
Symptoms, causes and home remedies for A migraine
Good morning, mera naam hai Dr. Amol Bamane aur main Rasyog Ayurveda ka founder hun. Aaj main aapko Migraine ke barey mein information dene wala hoon.
Migraine yani nothing but abnormal headache jise kehte hain hum. Jisse bahut hi zyada sardard rehta hain isko migraine kehte hain. Iske symptoms hain kisi bhi ek baju sardard ho jata hain chahe right ho ya left ho toh sardard bahut hi severe hota hai. Kahi baar dekha jata hai ke sooraj jaise jaise uthta hai waise waise dard bahut hi badh jata hai aur sooraj jaise jaise neeche aata toh waise waise woh kam ho jata hai. Doosra vomiting hai, nausea hai, diarrhoea hai cold hands and feet hai. Iske causes hai consumption of alcohol, drugs hai, smoking hai, allergic reaction hai aur blood sugar level agar aapka kam hota hai toh bhi aapko migraine ka issue ho sakta hai. Lack of sleep hai, agar koi sleep acche se uska nahi hota hai toh time to time toh bhi usko migraine ka issue rehta hai.
Excessive work agar hai, stress hai toh bhi yeh issue dekhne mein milta hai. Toh yeh saare iske causes hain. Iske liye mein aaj aapko home remedies batane wala hoon toh pehle aap aadha glass carrot juice lijiye aur uss mein aadha glass of spinach juice lijiye. Woh dono mix kijiye, shake well kijiye aur din mein yeh aap do baar lijiye toh isse bahut hi accha laabhdayak hoga. Doosra home remedies iske liye yeh hai ki aap do cabbage lijiye, cabbage leaves lijiye usse acche se crush lijiye aur ek kapde mein usko rakh ke woh aap local apply kijiye toh usse bhi pains kam ho jayenge.
Teesra ek home remedy iss ke liye hai ki aap remove peels from lemons, five lemons ka peels nikal lijiye, use achhe se crush kijiye, powder kijiye, aur thoda sa paani milake uska paste kijiye aur woh local apply aap kijiye toh usse bhi pain aapka bahut hi kam ho jayega.
Toh iss vishay mein adhiktam jaankari aap lybrate.com pe jaa ke humein sampark kar sakte hain aur humein online consult bhi kar sakte hain.