Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. T.V.PadmanabhanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, mere mummy ki age 55 hai. August me onke daant me dard tha. Onhone apni Ek daant nikalva diya. Lakin oske baad dard SE ya kisi doosri vajah SE onke neck par ek gaanth ho gai. Baad me Dr. Ko dikhaya to onhone ultrasound karne ko bola. Lakin ultrasound me bhi kuch clear nahi hua. Phir baad me fnac test hua. Test hone se pehle koi dikkat nahi thi. Lakin fnac ke baad khaana khane me dikkat ho rahi hai. Lakin fnac test me bhi clear nahi hua. Doctor NE bola ki report me symptoms to cancer ke lag rahe hain or pas bhi lag rahi hai. Lakin abhi kuch nahi kah sakte. Dobara test karne ke liye bola hai. Kuch suggest kare. ASAP.
Sir, I am a 24 year old male and I have sensation problem in my teeth when I eat or drink something hot or cold it feel sensation in my upper right side teeth what can I do to reduce it please describe the problem and suggest some good medicines. Thanks!
I am male 27yr. I am daily toothpaste and don't smoking and drinking but my teeth are light yellow. Suggest me.
I am 18 years old my problem is teeth is very yellow so please advise to make teeth white. Please advise.
Visit/Follow Your Dentist Every 6 months For a Routine Dental Checkup So that Any Progressing Dental Problem Can be Stopped In Its Initial Stage Only.
My mouth is dry some times I am taking medicine for high BP & pulse rate as well. please tell me what can be done
See your dentist every six months. Your teeth may not look dirty from the outside, but bacteria and plaque lurks in places you cannot see in the mirror.
Sir i suffering tooth ache.I have moxikind625,ampilox,metrogyl 400,imol plus for tooth ache from i consulted doctor.After eat medicine my pain reduce but stomach ache more timesss.Two days i have coming more stomach ache.I take gelusil tablet.But still having stomach ache.What i do?
Hello doctor, I am 25 years old married woman. I have teeth cavity problems last five months. what should I do please tell me.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.
Tongue cleaning is as important as brushing and flossing. Use of a proper tongue scraper every morning will remove tongue plaque and freshen your breath.