Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. T SikdarYour feedback matters!
Doc I have pcos and I am currently taking metformin. I have seen sudden increase in facial hair and have some spot acnes. My pcos is recently discovered and had no initial symptom than missed period. I am taking krimson 35 also for regulating periods and have completed one course with successful result. I am just taking metformin 500g but I do not know after taking the medicine my facial hair which was nothing initially has increased. What to do. Also I have diarrhea since I started medication. Can you please tell me what can I do to prevent this facial hair growth and spot acnes. Also I use azac soap for acne but it doesn't sem to work.
I am 31 years old and I am trying for pregnancy for 2 yrs. I have done all the tests as Doctor said and have all the results positive. So doctor asked me to try normally and have not given any medicine. What should I now.
Meri shadi ko 5 saal hogaye hai per abtak 1 baar bhi pregnancy nahi hui hai sari report bhi normal hai please help me.
I am pretty sure that my girlfriend is a virgin and never had sex before I did lick her vagina many times as well as kissed her cracked lips but never had intercourse so I wanna know can I get HIV from her if yes how?
My daughter has a lump in her breast. Significantly large. I got her an FNAC test done and the report came back saying it was a benign fibroadenoma. The doctor recommended a few months of Vitamin E and Linolenic Acid tablets. Despite over 4 months of taking the same, the size has only increased. Do you suggest any other medicine. Can stress be a reason for this?
How to identify labour pain vs normal pain? What to do during labour pain? How to get prepared for normal delivery? Kindly help me by providing apt answer for my question.
Hlo doctor, I want to conceive baby my age is 22 yrs and my married becomes 5 yrs I don't use any precaution I went to a gynecologist she check my all reports ultra sound but no problems are show on my reports and I have suffer from my vaginal infection also at every two months and in my infection so much itchiness and also candida on my sex space. My husband show his reports 1st time his sperm counting is low but after doctors medicine his reports are become normal. please help me what can I do for all my problems. please tell me some solution.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
What are the basic general knowledge or information should we know while being physical with a girl for the very first time & what things we should keep in mind as doing so.
I have 2 month baby. I have problem in my breast due to swelling and redness on it. Please tell me what is that problem and how can I rectify it.
I am 28 yrs old got married 6mths before. Trying to conceive but unable to. My cycle date for this mth was 2nd july. Please let me know the best time to conceive after the cycle. And how frequently we should try for it.
Sir/madam, my son is now 6 months male baby. He got a bottom one teeth at the time of 3rd month and another teeth came on next month itself at adjacent of first teeth. And now (6th month running) he got an another two teeth coming at top of his mouth. And his mother feel pain when giving breast milk for him. Because he bite his mother's nipple when feeding. Please suggest any solution!
Respected Doctor, My wife gave birth a female child on Sep. 23.2015. It is a normal delivery. Now almost 4 months have been over. At birth time to reduce the stomach she bandaged by using cloth around her stomach for a 2 months. At that time the stomach is reduced but now the stomach size is being increased where is the wrong? Is there any excersize to do to decrease the stomach or else any other way? Please suggest me.
I am 13 weeks pregnant and the doctors have advised lots of water and fluids. However, I have always been low on intake of water. I try to take fluids in form of coconut water and soup but will it do any harm to the baby if I am unable to intake 10 to 12 glasses everyday?
Hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis is an allergic response to airborne substances such as pollen, dust mite or other allergens from plants or fungi. The symptoms of hay fever include sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat, sinus pressures and congestion. Unlike its name, hay fever does not cause any fever.
The allergy generally occurs seasonally, especially in high pollen months, spring, summer or early fall. Not all people are affected by this allergy. Some are mildly affected. For others, immune system misunderstands allergens as harmful and releases the antibody called IgE (immunoglobulin E) to fight with it. This causes symptoms of hay fever. The symptoms could range from a mild congestion or sneezing to sweats, blocked sinuses, headaches and fatigue.
Hay fever is common during childhood; however, it can develop at any stage in a person’s life. It is believed that people with a family history of allergy and asthmatic patients are at a higher risk of developing it. Children born during pollen months as well as babies exposed to cigarette smoke during early years are also at risk of developing this allergy.
A proper diagnosis of the problem is the key to its management. The allergy is generally diagnosed through its symptoms. Sometimes, a blood test is conducted to test the level of immunoblobulinE. The level from 0 to 6 indicates the severity of the allergic reaction.
Allopathic medication offers a combination of interventions like desensitisation, anti-allergen tablets, steroids and quick relief nasal sprays.
Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a different way of intervention. The patient is treated as per the symptoms restoring the body’s ability to self-heal thereby decreasing dependability on drugs. The best part being homeopathic drugs are free from chemicals and have no side effects.
You can choose to visit a homeopathy clinic or even self-treat through drugs available at homeopathy outlets where detailed symptoms and its prescribed dose can be found out. However, it is important to follow a prescribed dose at right intervals to ensure maximum benefit.
- Allium cepa can be given when there is hay fever with too much runny nose and discharge is acrid.
- Ars alb can be given when there is hay fever with intense thirst.
- Nat mur can be given when there is hay fever with too much sneezing and frontal headache.
- Merc sol can be given when the patient is extremely sensitive to heat and cold.
- Aurundo is prescribed in case of hay fever with excessive burning and itching in the nose, palate, eyes.
All the medicines are generally indicated and needs a homeopathic consultation.