Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. T.N. Lahiri MajumdarYour feedback matters!
I am a girl of 24 years of age and I am getting mouth ulcers randomly so will you suggest me what to be eaten and what not?
Hi doctor , 25 year old male. I have bleeding stool pass every day. I have no constipation. No pain while passing stool. Now I'm starting to feel weak and lethargy. I have visited a doctor once and he mentioned about hemmaroid and prescribed me an iron tablet and another tablet. It help stopped bleeding but started again after one month. Please tell me what should I do now.
Gall Bladder stone of 10 mm was seen in a laparoscopic exam - one year ago. No pain or discomfort so far. To prevent further growth, I have 20 ml Apple Cider Vinegar with half glass Apple juice daily. Also, to keep weight down, I take 20 ml of Triphala Juice first thing in the morning. I would like to hear professional opinions about what I am doing. No problems so far. I will be 70 in oct.
Having problem in sound sleep since last four years. No other complications. Have some acidity problem also. Please guide me. I want to use homeopathy medicine.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.