Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. T K Ghosh
Submit a review for Dr. T K GhoshYour feedback matters!
I have wrist pain almost from 3 months. I consult a Ortho doctor and I took exray for wrist and he said there no damage in my wrist area bone. And I am biker I almost did not drive for three months. Recently, I started driving now again I am feeling same pain in wrist. Please which doctor I should consult, I was thinking for neurology. Please advise.
Last two days I am suffering from fever. Body pain as well as eye problem in bright light create problem to me. How can I overcome from this problem.
My wife is feeling pain in stomach, chest and in all body parts. She also loosing weight. And feel very low energy level. please suggest.
I am feeling very drowsy from one week. Instead of all this feelings pain in body. Give some advice so that I can get a healthy feel.
From past few month I did not take my food according to my body so I am suffering from various pain in my body.
Hello doctor I am having fissure so can you please tell me som advice about how I can reduce pain of this I am in very big trouble please tell me some unique solutions..
I have so many pain in the lower stomach area. Small itches & scratches are there in the penis region.
I am on thyronorm tablets ,since last 1 week I am feeling very lethargic and have body pain all over,please advice,I am 38 years old female,with 2 kids.
Sir from last 2 years, I have pain in my body and from last 2 months it has increased and my diet has been decreased and I don't wanna take meals as I don't feel hungry.
I have been experiencing dull pain on left side of my back and around shoulder from 5 yrs, the pain get more when I take deep breath and it feel like something or some muscle inside is squeezing. I have visited all sort of doctors but all they give is pantoprazole any say its gas and all. Recently I got a full body checkup and have high level of sgot, sgpt, cholesterol. What could be the reason for this problem, kindly help as I am worried.
I am a sports man and my body is paining due to extra hardwork. I want to know why it is happening if I am doing sex everyday. How should I handle my sex life healthy sports?
I am 32 years old with 42ff breast. Earlier I was 38 dd. I suffer from severe back and shoulder pain. I also have a genetic blood disorder. Will breast reduction help and how much will it cost? Kindly advise.
Hi, I am 25 years old female suffering from cold with shivering fever for last 2 days followed by headache and body pain. Having past history of low blood pressure of 100/50. please suggest.
I'm studying B. Tech. I'm getting headache since 2 years. I consulted many doctors but no result at all. I'm getting pain on forehead, nerves at cheeks and neck. I'm getting pain for 6-8 hours a day. My nose gets blocked and I have cold all times and I can't inhale. When I get up from sleep I'm getting severe headache and became lazy. I'm losing my memory power. Give me solution for my problem. Thank you sir/madam.
I am 60 years old female. Problem of having pain and stiffness in whole body specially knee and neck. I want Ayurvedic Dr. To see my problem.
Pain can be a debilitating condition if it is not managed in a timely manner and on a constant basis. One can experience pain in various parts of the body due to a variety of reasons. While the main reason includes conditions like arthritis, osteoporosis and another nerve, joint or muscle problems, there are many other kinds of pain that may occur due to accidents and sports injuries. Disc herniation and conditions like diabetes may also give rise to pinched nerves which can cause pain.
It is not possible to constantly pop pills and get injections for the pain that lasts for a prolonged time. Yet, this does not necessarily mean that you will have to live with the pain. There are a number of ways in which you can manage pain without having to take medicines at the drop of a hat. Here are a few measures that you can take in order to treat pain.
- Weight Loss: In case you are on the overweight side, it would be a good idea to lose those extra pounds and kilos. Excess weight usually puts pressure on the affected area and creates even more pain. Therefore, if you are more fit, there is less chance of suffering from extreme pain.
- Exercise: While rest is a good thing, being on your feet and moving at regular intervals is also required in order to deal with the pain. If you are constantly lying in bed in one position, then there will be pressure on the joints and the nerves, which can create even more pain. Therefore, you should keep changing your positions and take mild to moderate exercises like walking and swimming, in keeping with approval and recommendation from the doctor.
- Rest: Taking rest is just as important as exercise. When you are going through pain, it would be a good idea to give rest to the affected area so that there is less pressure on the same. You should rest in the proper position so that one does not twist or elevate the area in a wrong way.
- Physiotherapy: This is another method that most doctors recommend. Getting the right kind of physiotherapy is important as it can help in creating core strength for the surrounding muscles and joints of the affected area. This will keep the pain, inflammation and stiffness away.
- Hot and Cold Remedies: Heat therapy and ice therapy are two recommended ways of treating pain. If the injury is new and the pain acute, then one may resort to the use of ice packs to gently bring down the inflammation. Hot showers and heat packs can also bring relief to the area so that the pain is soothed away. One should be careful while using either method so that the temperature does not cause burns and rashes.
- Maintain Good Posture: Most people have poor posture when going about their daily activities, putting unnecessary strain on their backs. Little things add up. Keeping the right amount of curvature takes pressure off the nerves and will reduce pain. Get into the habit of sitting correctly. It may not feel comfortable initially because your muscles have not been conditioned to support you in the correct position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!