Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Syamal Kr GangopadhyayYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and suffering from severe hair loss, can you please help me, by suggesting any oil or creams, I have used many shampoos to come out of this, please help me Thank you.
Mere chehre par pimple hogaye gain maine doctors ko bhi dikhaya lekin jab tak dawa leti hun theek rahti hon uske bad phir dikkat hojati hai doctor sahab koi rasta batain meharbani hogi.
I am 23 years old. I have pimples in my Face. I tried many medicines but don't get any solution. Any of help me.
What is the easiest way to get rid of corn? is surgery only option or there are other solutions to the problem mentioned above? cost of remedy and name of medicines to be taken.
How to remove blackheads and whiteheads from nose, chick area of face, and also tell me due to this reason it also creates blockage of growing facial hair.
Dear Doctor I'm a 19 years old guy and have many kinds of issues such as dandruff, pimples, constipation and gas forming in stomach. I tried my things but only controls for a few days. I'm feeling shame to say that I don't drink water too much neither like to eat vegetables. Please help me.
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplate hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
My face is oily type and consists white heads and pores made by acne. Can you suggest a best facewash regarding to my problem.
I am suffering from hair problem and I lost it which irritating. Can you given the solution of this problem.
My hairs is getting crndromed all over frmt he centre of the head and getting heat up. And my sweating problem ismt working its an allergy that i've noted in. Wht should I do for those extreme sweating and hair falls? Im still a teenager !
Hi Dr. Some days ago my accident and ma face was scratched on the road. Nw its improving bt am so worried about red marks. Now am using Fucidin cream, and clinical lotion. Its good or not. Please please suggest me. I hope you will give me best suggest. Please reply. doctors. Am waiting. Thank you.
I have hair fall problem since 2 years. I use shampoo twice in a week but it's still falling. Suggest me some solution which avoid my hair problem.
Human hair, - while they're not a living part of your body, most people spend a good amount of time caring for their hair. The next time you're heading in for a haircut, think of these facts.
1. Facial hair grows faster than any other hair on the body. If you've ever had a covering of stubble on your face as you're clocking out at 5 o'clock you're probably pretty familiar with this. In fact, if the average man never shaved his beard it would grow to over 30 feet during his lifetime, longer than a killer whale.
2. Every day the average person loses 60-100 strands of hair. Unless you're already bald, chances are good that you're shedding pretty heavily on a daily basis. Your hair loss will vary in accordance with the season, pregnancy, illness, diet and age.
3. Women's hair is about half the diameter of men's hair. While it might sound strange, it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise that men's hair should be coarser than that of women. Hair diameter also varies on average between races, making hair plugs on some men look especially obvious.
4. One human hair can support 3.5 ounces. That's about the weight of two full size candy bars, and with hundreds of thousands of hairs on the human head, makes the tale of rapunzel much more plausible.
5. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as a chimpanzee. Humans are not quite the naked apes that we're made out to be. We have lots of hair, but on most of us it's not obvious as a majority of the hairs are too fine or light to be seen.
6. Blondes have more hair. They're said to have more fun, and they definitely have more hair. Hair color determines how dense the hair on your head is. The average human has 100, 000 hair follicles, each of which is capable of producing 20 individual hairs during a person's lifetime. Blondes average 146, 000 follicles while people with black hair tend to have about 110, 000 follicles. Those with brown hair fit the average with 100, 000 follicles and redheads have the least dense hair, with about 86, 000 follicles.
7. The lifespan of a human hair is 3 to 7 years on average. While you quite a few hairs each day, your hairs actually have a pretty long life providing they aren't subject to any trauma. Your hairs will likely get to see several different haircuts, styles, and even possibly decades before they fall out on their own.
8. You must lose over 50% of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. You lose hundreds of hairs a day but you'll have to lose a lot more before you or anyone else will notice. Half of the hairs on your pretty little head will have to disappear before your impending baldness will become obvious to all those around you.
9. Human hair is virtually indestructible. Aside from it's flammability, human hair decays at such a slow rate that it is practically non-dis-integrative. If you've ever wondered how your how clogs up your pipes so quick consider this: hair cannot be destroyed by cold, change of climate, water, or other natural forces and it is resistant to many kinds of acids and corrosive chemicals.