Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan SinghaYour feedback matters!
I am 41 years old, I suffering from cervical spondylosis for last 13 years and I have also headache and vertigo. The pain shifting one place to another continuously.
I am 60 years old, suffering from arthritis, arthropods, sciatica, knee pain, constipation, gas, acidity, indigestion. Please advise.
I am suffering from knee pain due to over weight what are method to lose weight tell me some home remedy to cure it.
I am having this problem of pimples a lot since very long. How should i get rid of them with least use of medication because i even consulted a shin specialist and he gave me a few medicated facewas and some medicines but they were of no use. So please suggest me the best you can? And my face gets red very sooner and nothing hot suits me. And it itches a lot in the sun.
I got lateral minucus tear in july 2011 while playing football. I underwent arthroscopic surgery in my left knee in September 2013. Before surgery, mri report said lateral miniscus tear with cyst in my left knee. After surgery in manipal hospital Bangalore, my life became hell and I faced knee pain, stiffness, bike riding knee pain, could not stand for 30 min continously, could not use indian toilet, prolong sitting impossible on chair etc etc. None of these problems I had before surgery. Before surgery Dr. Claimed that I can play football within 6 months. After 6 months of surgery that is on apr 2014 I did mri which said no fresh tear with cmp condromalecia patella level 1 and ra blood test negative with vitamin d correction needed. I lost all hope with my surgeon and believed that only for money he did surgery to me and ruined my life. I had tendocare medicine from september 14 till apr 15 and simultaneously homeopathy. Now my condition is better as compared to aug 14 case. I believe it's cos of homeopathy medicine. Past one month I m doing isometric knee strengthen exercise including vmo at home. These physiotherapy I did post surgery for 3_4 months but as pain was still there so I stopped these strengthen exercise but I re started them last month as my injured knee thickness is half of my correct right leg. My condition is better now say 5/10 but prolong sitting in office or rainy season cold increases pain n stiffness. I feel burning sensation, stiffness, not able to bend knee fully, pain around knee cap, can't walk for say 30 mins without pain, uneasiness and pain at the bottom of knee cap. Now my only remedy is to apply knee pain killer oil and exercise and take homeopathy medicine. I wonder if I can be equally fit as I was before surgery. I doubt if surgery was needed for me at first place but that was already done 1 yr 8 months back. I request a orthopaedic doctor to advise me as in what is my knee problem and how I can get rid of it Thank you.
I am having pain in my fingers when I write. And my handwriting is also not good due to this. I am also unable to grip the pen properly. Please guide.
I have a knee problem. I am 59 years of age and female. Is it advisable to undergo knee replacement surgery. Please advise. I am also diabetic.
I'm 28 years male having pain in both hand muscles. I know it is due to use of laptop and mobile. But my job is to work on laptop for at least 9-10 hours a day. Please suggest how can I cure my pain permanently.
Operated Spinal cord tumor in C4_C5 and radiotherapy at forte, Noida in December 2015 but no relief I.e tingling, numbness, stiffness in hand and body whenever I work in computer I feel tingling and pain in fingers.
I am 72 yrs male have back pain from the last 12 yrs with 23mm stone in golbladder. What I should do. Please advise.
I am 67 years old with pain in the knee besides bn saids I have taken for a couple of months idrophos 150 ibandronic acid with intervals the pain in the knee is yet ongoing.
I am 29 years old , I have back pain from 3 months , I work in a IT industry , please suggest me any thing good.
Doctor I have feeling pain in my both foot in last 2 years in each day. When I am take pain killer then I get relief for some days but after some day same problem happen again. What should I do?
I am 45 years old woman have back muscle pain left side of spinal cord. Exray shows muscle sweeling. What should I do? I drive scooty is that a reason?
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.