Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Hiiii im 26years old having problem of chronic sinusitis pls suggest me wht to do. And I have done some check up and doctor concern me to do some balloon surgery please say should I go for it or no and one of my friend told me to drink" Gomutra" which will help to reduce sinus issues.
I am a 25yr old male and have pain in chest for last 1.5 years. 1 year ago I suffered form tb. I have gas problem also. What should I do?
This is about my father age 65 was a railway driver . He was a chain smoker due to that he is having serious asthma problem. But now he has totally stopped smoking after that he is having lots of problem like food digestion, regular intervals of urin , asthma has increased a lot . But he doesn't have any other problem like sugar , BP etc.So can anyone suggest what to do for decreasing asthma ?
I am 20 years of age I am suffering off sever cough from three day but its not giving up. what should i do?
I am having dry from 5 days. The cough starts at night and it is terrible. It does not stop even on gargling. No cough matter comes out. Please provide a proper remedy. The cough starts only at night when I go to sleep.
I am suffering from dry cough for 2 weeks and chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should I do?
Sir I am having a lump on my butt crack from past 10 days lump is painless and also it is a pusless. Is it is a sinus or boils or anything else.
My age 21, I having a sinusitis problem at 4 month's .my friends are telling this is lifelong with you, never pure this problem, I'm so sad and weak, pls tell me how to pure this sinus problem. And never come this problem for ever.
The symptoms of tuberculosis (TB), which is active might vary and depend on which part of the body is infected. Diagnosing TB just from its symptoms can be a difficult, as the symptoms are not for TB alone meaning the symptoms can be of other diseases as well. For the confirmation and diagnosis of TB one must get a test done for TB. However, the general symptoms of TB are tiredness, weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, fever, chills and night sweats.
- Symptoms of Pulmonary TB: Pulmonary TB is the TB of lungs. The symptoms of this are bad cough, which might have lasted for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, blood or phlegm might occur on coughing.
- Extrapulmonary TB: The TB of any body part other than pulmonary is called extrapulmonary TB. This type of TB does not affect the lungs with the exception being the extrapulmonary TB also known as Pleural TB. General symptoms of Extrapulmonary TB are same as general symptoms of Pulmonary TB.
- Symptoms of Lymph Node TB: Lymph Node TB also known as lymphadenitis is basically the enlargement and the inflammation of the lymph nodes. This is a response to the infections especially in children. The symptoms of this might be painless slow growing lymph nodes. These swollen lymph nodes can be in the neck area, though they might also be present in the groin. Lymph node TB of the neck is also called as Scrofula or TB adenitis.
- Symptoms of skeletal (bone and joint) TB: The common and the first symptoms are pain and depend on the area of the joint or the bone affected. Often it is marked with the loss of movement and curving of the affected bones and joints. The affected area also weakens and is prone to fractures.
- Spinal TB is also called as Pott Disease or TB Spondylitis: The symptoms of this depend on the affected site and the stage of the disease. However, back pain is one of the earliest symptoms.
- Symptoms of Meningitis TB: The meningitis TB starts with classical symptoms of meningitis. It usually starts with symptoms of pains and aches, fever and vague and unwell feeling. These might last for 2-8 weeks and then the evident symptoms like headaches, seizures, vomiting and stiffness might occur.
- Symptoms of Gastrointestinal or Abdominal TB: This is marked with diarrhea, abdominal pain and bleeding from rectum and anus, though the symptoms depend on the exact site.
- Symptoms of TB in children: The symptoms depend on the type and site, though the common ones being weight loss, fever and cough. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.