Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapan Mukherjee
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 1 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
I have high fever over last 3 days and also I have unbearable headache and some coughing and throat infection. so what should I do?
I am 30 years old male. I am suffering from dry cough and congested chest from a long time. I have tried various remedies, English as well as unani but no great improvement. The cough is usually severe during night. Help me out.
I am 32 year old male, asthmatic and taking rotacap capsule for ease my asthama problem once in 36 hours. Now I started having this skin irritation. It comes and goes and it is continuesly staying from last 2 months. It looks as if a skin allergy and kind of egzima. I showed to a doctor in india and he told me that it is fungul infection and gave medicines and now in australia I showed to a doctor and she said it is egzima. I am really in trouble as I keep on scracthing my skin. I am applying some oientment as of now but it does not seems to be working. Please help me.
I am women I am suffering from low blood pressure And today I difficult to breath But I don't think it is asthma I was fine till yesterday Just facing it today What it might be And how to cure it.
I am a 25 year old male, I am suffering from cough and cold from last one week. This cough is very intense and a very large amount of belgium is coming with most of the time when I cough. And my nose also running. Sometimes it's runny nose and sometimes stuffed. I have been a patient of TB 2 year before. Can I again have TB? Even though, I already runs the course of TB till 1 year.
Today my PNS X-RAY DONE and the report shows HAZINESS noted both Maxillary & frontal SINUS – SINUSITIS. What does this mean? Let me know I am suffering with sinus or I am normal?
I am 42 years suffering from bronchititis. Mucus/fluemalwys coming out after taking meal/cold thing ihave spot inmy chest due to which iam not able to go gulf. Please sugest mefor treat ment.
COPD, which is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a severe form of lung disease that is characterized by increased breathlessness and obstruction of airflow from the lungs. People who are suffering from COPD are at an increased risk of developing lung cancer, heart diseases and many other conditions. It includes progressive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, few forms of bronchiectasis and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. The former two are the most common conditions contributing to COPD.
Chronic bronchitis induces inflammation in the airway that carries air to the lungs and fills it with mucus. This either completely blocks the airway or narrows it, causing difficulty in breathing. However in emphysema, the air sacs inside the lungs which inflate and deflate as you breathe in and out, lose their elasticity due to which less air comes in and goes out leaving you breathless.
The best way to treat COPD is to quit smoking. Your doctor may also prescribe you medications or ask you to enroll in a lung rehab program.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the most common causes of COPD. This is because smoking is known to destroy the stretchy fibers in people's lungs and irritate the airways. Even passive smoking is unhealthy. About 90% of the people having COPD are current or former smokers.
- Genetics: Some individuals suffer from COPD even after refraining from smoking. Genes might be at the helm of COPD in such a case. AATD i.e. Alpha -1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, is a protein in the lungs, the lack of which is one of the most common genetic factor causing emphysema.
- Environmental factors: Breathing in harmful pollutants present in your environment is also one of the causes of COPD. Fumes, dust or certain chemicals are a few examples of harmful lung irritants. Organic cooking fuel may also cause COPD. Exposing yourself to the aforementioned environmental factors for a prolonged period of time increases your risk of developing COPD substantially.
- Shortness of breath especially after exercising
- Tightness in your chest
- Unintended weight loss
- Lack of energy
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Cough accompanied by mucus
- Physical Exam where your doctor monitors the functioning of your lungs.
- Questioning about your past health (Smoking or other harmful lung irritants).
- Spirometry and other breathing tests.
- Chest x-rays and other tests to eliminate other problems which could be causing your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.