Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan Kumar DeyYour feedback matters!
I am Amar Holeppagol my age is 22 and I am having eye problem. Knee problem leg pain headaches and I am studying be engg in t John college. Please send me solution to the problem.
I think I have psychological problem that I think I am mentally ill. I always think ' I am trying to be normal but I am not normal" I tried to find what is the abnormally with my mind but I couldn't find anything major. I always think that I can't learn chapters but in real I observed that I can learn anything and I can talk very logically but when I am studying or doing anything I only think that I can't study . I have seen many symptoms of psychological ill person but I can't match any common problem with me. I always observe myself that I am normal or not and that thinking suddenly divert my mind even from very stimulating things and because of that thinking I can't concentrate on anything . That's all . But One thing I have to tell that we have shifted to new place and I missed the social circle and I am also so much back in studies . But I expect myself to be good in studies but my these feelings that I am not normal doesn't allow me to feel anything good or bad . I try to forget it but I have remember it when I think 'I have to forget it' I only think that I can't feel things but I'm not real to myself. How to forget the doubts on me . Should I try to concentrate on anything else . I am jealous from everyone else because they don't know the feeling to doubt on themselves . Please help me . How I divert my mind from I don't on which things I should concentrate . And I have dummy school from class 11 and I am in 12 now I have no social interaction but because of some home problems I couldn't study but now I started studying but everyone is so much ahead (I am preparing for IIT and go to coaching) . I am always tensed how to forget that doubt session on myself .
Sir, I've been suffering back pain and right shoulder joint pain for the past 6 months. Got accident earlier before 7 years ago. Kindly suggest any remedial measures to be taken.
Mere pair me kbhi kbhi bharipan lgta hai lgta h bs thigh pr dard hota h aur bhari ho jata h aur pair ka to flesh aisa lgta h vibrate ho rha h .Please tell.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.