Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapan Biswas
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan BiswasYour feedback matters!
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.
Hello Its about my 3 years old son He is suffering from acute ear pain It happens in winters. Aftr a severe pain thr times a whiteish discharge And doctor here says it happensainly wen he catch cold. But this time I have taken immense care that he should not catch cold We travelled through flight. Last sunday. Can it be because of that. I m tensed. He is too small for so many antibiotics. My baby.
We have trying for the baby from the past 2 months. But unable to do so. We are trying after my period 12-18 days (which are d ovulation days). please assist. Although I took few cough medicine and cough syrup as m suffering from cold. I don't think it would prevent. Is something wrong. Any kind of test can we do. please suggest.
Iam 18yer old girl I hav missed my period last was on 25dec. Till nw I havmt got my period. I checked bt the result was negative wr should I do to get my period early.
The delivery of my wife done on on April. The last menstrual period started at 26.06.2016. We had sex on 18.07.2016. I, e, after 22 days. Till now period not started yet. When we can go for pregnancy test. When she can go for abortion medicine.
I am so much tensed please help me. Before 1 1 months I took rajiston medicine for delay my period, after taking rajiston next morning my heartbeat was so fast, blood pressure become low. After than I have irregular periods. Vaginal infection also come with periods. Nw I hv 16 days missed periods, watery discharge with back pain, vaginal itching. I have 14 mm stone also in my gall bladder. What s happening with my health.
Sir I was suffering from piles problem from march 2015, I consulted doctor at apollo hospital. Now also my feet is swelling and facing irrelugar period problem. Please help me and tell me how my problem will get cure and to which doctor I should consult because consuming so much medicines will cause side effects I request you please provide me with good treatment and medicines.
Apply a paste of lemon juice and baking soda for whitening of teeth.
Apply alumin powder at night on your teeth for two to three minutes, hold it, and clean it with water daily for five minutes at night. Your teeth will shine.
Is aloe vera juice beneficial during pregnancy? My wife is in 5th month. Also my wife has positive result of Hepatitis 'B'should we start treatment in between pregnancy or wait for delivery?
There is hardly any individual who hasn't suffered from back pain at some point or the other, and lower back pain is considered one of the prime factors for which people might want to miss a day of work. The source of the pain could range from herniated disk to muscle spasm to osteoarthritis. What’s worse, it could be benign or cancerous spine tumor. Even though spinal cord tumors are quite rare, when it occurs, it could be life-threatening. If caught early, it is possible to treat spine disorders effectively and therefore, it pays to know a few important facts about spinal cord tumors.
- Back pain is the most common symptom: When it comes to spine tumors, regardless of whether they are cancerous or non-cancerous, you cannot afford to ignore back pain. This is because the tumor causes pain by pressing against the spinal cord or destroying the bone. It is crucial to note that such type of back pain tend to linger even while you are resting at night.
- Pain that radiates to other parts of the body as well: When spine tumors are the culprit for back pain, it can radiate towards the arms or lower back rather than improving with time.
- Spinal cord tumors can lead to other symptoms: There is no reason to believe that when you have spinal cord tumors, then you will only suffer from a debilitating back pain. You may also suffer from reduced sensitivity to pain, difficulty in walking, loss of sensation and muscle weakness. You may also notice that you have a decreased sensation to heat and cold as well.
- People who have previously suffered from cancer are at a high risk: Individuals who had cancer particularly, breast, lung, kidney, prostate, and thyroid should be extra careful about their health in general. You should regularly monitor the symptoms of spine tumors since you are at a higher risk of developing it. It is found that in about 60 to 70 percent of the cases, cancer occurring in other parts of the body either metastasizes or spreads to the spinal cord.
- There are ways other than surgery to remove spinal tumors: A biopsy would be able to tell whether the tumor is malignant or benign. A biopsy is a process which involves removal of a small tissue sample and also examining it with the help of a microscope. But it is important to note here that all spinal tumors do not require an immediate removal through surgery. Sometimes, all you will need is a regular monitoring for detecting if there is any change. This is commonly chosen when the spinal tumors are small and benign.
Not always your back pain is a sign of spinal cord tumor. However, in the case of a persistent back pain along with other symptoms, a doctor’s opinion must be sought.
Hi doc When m doing sex with my wife she is shouting so much because of my size and she want me to do finger thats it. Please help me doctor.
My wife has pregnant for 2 weeks. Is it possible abortion by medicine? If yes then which type of medicine will be effective and surely happen abortion. Please help and support us because we don't want any child right now.
If someone has taken an emergency contraceptive pill. And the regular periods which are due for every month are normal or delayed by a week or so. Does it mean the female is not pregnant if her periods occurs normally or more or less a week early or late?
Having heard about getting any sort of pulmonary disease might give you a nightmare. Well, yes there are pulmonary problems, which are dangerous and become life threatening. Pulmonary hypertension is one such rare disease. It is a type of high blood pressure, which usually occurs in the pulmonary arteries that stream from human heart through lungs. The arteries become narrowed, constricted, which makes the flow of blood difficult through the vessels. As the situation occurs, the heart will have to work more to fix the situation. This causes high blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. If the condition deteriorates the pressure increases along with risk factors.
Symptoms of pulmonary hypertension:
There are certain symptoms, which people experience under the pulmonary hypertension disease. The symptoms might get unnoticed for years and you might get delayed in treating such problems. This article can help you know about the disease, symptoms and its treatment.
There is a list of symptoms, which can help you understand if you have pulmonary hypertension:
- One of the major symptoms that you may notice is shortness of breath. The arteries and blood vessels which help in flowing blood through lungs help in breathing too. So a narrowed and constricted artery makes the inhalation and exhalation procedure laborious.
- The next symptom that you might notice is fatigue and dizziness. If your lungs are not getting enough blood that means your brain and body are not getting enough oxygen to work. This hinders your body to perform any kind of activities smoothly. This can make you gain weight and increase several risk factors.
- Next, you might feel irregular heartbeat and chest pain. Increased pressure makes the heart work faster than its normal rate. This further makes the heart muscles weaker, and it is not able to control the heartbeat as it used to.
Treatment of pulmonary hypertension:
- Pulmonary hypertension is generally treated with medication and surgery. Depending on its severity, your doctor will prescribe the medicines. Generally, doctors prescribe such medicines, which help in relaxing the blood vessels. The relaxed blood vessels can regulate blood flow easily. All the medicines are generally taken orally or injected or inhaled.
- If you adopt a severe case of pulmonary hypertension, then your doctor might suggest you a lung transplant or a heart-lung transplant.
- Depending upon the type of pulmonary hypertension, your doctor may prescribe you blood-thinning medicines also, if you have blood clots in your arteries.
- In a certain cases, doctors prescribe oxygen therapy, which helps in increasing the oxygen level in blood.
- With the above mentioned methods, doctors ask for a change in lifestyle, which is important in treating the specific disease.