Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan BiswasYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is a joyful time in a woman’s life. Yet, this is also a challenging time for the pregnant lady as it brings a lot aches and pains as well as swelling in various parts of the body. Back pain and foot pain are common occurrences during pregnancy. Leg cramps and pain in the feet are often experienced at night. This may be caused primarily due to lack of proper blood circulation in the feet and also due to the swelling that one experiences in this region.
Also, not getting enough rest is one of the main culprits of this condition. Let us find out how to deal with the same.
- Nutrition: This is one of the biggest factors that can go a long way in ensuring that you have a healthy pregnancy in general. But nutrition is also a major factor when it comes to preventing foot pain during pregnancy. When you indulge in proper nutrition with healthy ingredients, the various vitamins and minerals get absorbed in a proper manner within the body. Not only does this help in reducing the swelling and keeping it at bay, but it also helps in alleviating various aches and pains felt in various parts of the body, especially the feet. Magnesium supplements can also be prescribed in order to reduce the leg and foot pain during this time. You can also have magnesium-rich food like nuts, dry fruits, and seeds so that you get plenty of magnesium during your pregnancy.
- Rest: It is important to put your feet up, literally, more often that you would when you are not pregnant. Pregnancy can be an exhausting time, and it is important to give your body ample rest so that you do not suffer from stress responses that can give rise to spasms in various parts of the body – most notably, the feet and legs.
- Exercise: You must also exercise a little during this time, especially in the last trimester when foot pain becomes quite severe. This will help in reducing the cramping in the muscles, which can arise due to too much of inactivity. One of the best exercises involves pushing against the wall with one leg, and maintaining the position for about five seconds. While you are doing this, you will also need to lean forward and place your hands on the walls. You can try this a few times for each leg before taking a break.
- Weight: Your average pregnancy weight gain should not be more than 15 to 20 kilograms. Anything more than this will lead to severe pain in the back and legs. So monitor your weight to reduce foot pain significantly.
Does having protected sex prior to 4 dayz of menses, delay the menses date? I missed my periods as it was to happen on 30th of june. I am worried.
My friend had a doubt. During his date with his girlfriend she said to suck her breast, but my friend feared that if he sucks her breast means it will get enlarged and she will look ugly and so. Please tell us what will actually happen if he suck her girlfriend breast.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old married. Not having baby I have irregular periods my period due date was 21st Aug. Since 5 days I'm eating pineapple, jaggery and gingelly seeds but period not come what should I do? Is this possible to getting pregnant? I'm doubt above this pls help me asap!
My periods are not regular. There is always a gap of 2-3 months. I checked for thyroid but its normal. What should I do?
Jor lga kr sneeze krne s kaanon ko shati phuchti hai jisse sir dard jaisi preshaniyan bani rehti hai
I am 31 years old, I have PCOS problem. Left ovary: endometrial cyst around 3.0 Last period date: Feb 17 Egg: Present in Right ovary and ruputered on Day 16 (March 3, 31. I was put in come 50 and after rupture period I was given suten 8.0 gel. Concern: Feeling pain in breast when I touch it Today (March 18) is Day 31, I took pregnancy test and it is negative. Can I wait for some more days to take pregnancy test once or more? Or it is going to be of no use? Has there been any real scenarios of taking test after some days gives positive result?
Sep 20 I got my period so supposed to be by Oct 18-20 I will have my monthly period. But instead I of period I only got spotting. After 2-3days I experience lower abdomen cramps, headache, lost appetite, take a nap every afternoon which is very usual, vaginal discharge white and creamy. When I ate sometimes I feel like I wanna vomit but not. And sometimes I slept early and sometimes I cant sleep. Last oct 30 all the feeling I felt was done. I took 3 pt already and all the result are negative.
I have pcod& pcos problem can I conceive baby naturally or some other treatment required like iui or ivf?
I have a gf I love fingering in her pussy is it necessary to use any lubricant while fingering. Will it cause any harm if I'll not use any lubricant.
To Prevent Sports-Related Injuries ( 5 Tips)
Do you remember the last time you had a searing knee pain in the middle of your morning run? It was probably because you did not warm up properly. The incidence of injuries in various sports has gone up in the recent times, and it is mostly due to the lack of proper warm up exercises. However, other factors come into play as well, such as the pressure of increased workload on the current batch of athletes, missing a trick or two with the proper technique to be followed, etc.
In order to reduce the risk of an injury, it is advised to follow these simple tips:
Set realistic goals for yourself: Don’t go overboard with anything that includes repetitively stressing and straining your body over a certain degree. If you are planning to go for a run or hit to the gym, make sure you set goals that you can sustain and find feasible. One example of this would be to not increase the amount of weight drastically while lifting weights as it can lead to serious injuries.
Follow the right technique: Proper technique is very important in sports, a lack of which can lead to injuries. Ask your trainer to observe your form when you perform any activity. Focus on your breathing and posture when you are exercising.
Warm up before you begin exercising: Warming up before you exercise or play a sport is important as it helps loosen your muscles and boost blood circulation. It drastically reduces the risks of sustaining injuries, and also prepares your body for the subsequent exercise.
Cool down: Similar to an essential warm up is the need to cool down; it is another aspect that should not be ignored. Cooling down usually consists of stretches and postures that promote flexibility. The muscles become sore after working out. Stretching can help reduce post workout pain and make the joints flexible. Cooling down also helps in eliminating lactic acid from the muscles, which means less pain after exercise.
Listen to your body: During an activity, if you feel that you can no longer carry on, terminate the activity. The chances of injury rise if you continue to push your body over your threshold limit. If you think that you can no longer carry on doing something without risking an injury, avoid doing it altogether. Listen to your body, and it shall never fail you.
My ivf is done on 4th november and I am suffering from lots of pain in lower back and tummy and sides. Is it normal. I am very much worried about pains please suggest me what to do. And give me some precautions to follow in ivf.
Dear sir/mam I m male 26 married since last 10 months and my wife is female23 we are planning to have a baby and I we don't know actual time to have relation ship. We are having physical relationship from 5th day of period to next cycle/next month. Pls help or guide me if we are wrong.
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
Salt craving refers to the craving for food that contains excessive amount of sodium. When a person is more inclined towards the consumption of high sodium food, or you find him or her sprinkling extra table salt over the food, then that person is probably craving for salt. There can be a number of reasons behind a sudden or chronic craving for salt, and they can be:
- Low Sodium Level: One and the foremost reason for a salt craving could be low level of sodium in the body. This can usually lead to neurological disorders and hypertension, if it is not treated on time. One of the primary symptoms of a system suffering from sodium depletion is excessive sweating which can lead to further loss of water and sodium from the body. This can also happen due to stress or a lot of physical exertion. One must keep drinking water in order to replenish one’s reserves, during a workout or any sports activities.
- Addison’s Disease: This is another condition that can lead to salt cravings. In this condition, the body goes through a fluid imbalance because the adrenal glands do not secrete the required hormones in the appropriate quantity. This also leads to excretion of urinary sodium, which can also cause symptoms like dehydration and pain in the abdomen. When these hormones are not secreted properly, the kidneys cannot regulate the sodium level which can lead to high sodium cravings. Therefore, one must get a proper diagnosis done with urine and other lab tests so that any damage involving the kidneys can be studied and reported.
- Menstrual Cycle: There are a number of hormonal changes that happen when women go through their menstrual cycle or monthly period. When a woman is going through bleeding as well as ovulation, the hormones that are released can cause one to crave sodium rich food. This is because these hormones can cause an alteration of the taste buds.
- Opiate Withdrawal: Patients who are addicted to opiates and are going through withdrawal symptoms after they have stopped the consumption of opiates end up going through severe sodium cravings. This kind of addiction is usually caused by neurological reactions within the brain. This happens when the sodium and pleasure seeking centre of the brain gets stimulated.
How to Treat Salt Cravings: To begin with, one will have to get all the tests done so as o find out the exact cause of the sudden cravings. Also, it is imperative to bring down your intake of sodium and specially processed food, which is usually very high when it comes to sodium content. One should not have more than 2400 Mg of table salt in a day, as per varied medical reports. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.