Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapan Biswas
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan BiswasYour feedback matters!
I had a sexual intercourse with my hus. 2 days before that is in 16 th June, without any barriers or pills. What type of pill should I take to prevent pregnancy. My last lmp was on 5 the June.
I had sex for the first time with my girlfriend it wasn't deep, what happened next that after 2 days there was severe pain on the stomach of her what could be the reason and how it could be sorted out, is any risk of pregnancy, please advise.
Insomnia or sleeplessness is quite difficult to cope with and for people suffering from anxiety, it is even tougher. People suffering from anxiety remain in a state of mental and physical distress. On top of this, if they cannot sleep well because of insomnia, life becomes quite hard. Insomnia causes anxiety and also is caused due to anxiety.
Here are some simple tips to manage anxiety and insomnia:
- Maintain a schedule: Try to go to bed at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Experiment with several different bedtimes and wake up times to find out which one works best for you.
- Turn off electronic devices: Switch off all electronic devices thirty minutes before you go to bed. Electronic devices stimulate your mind and the light from the devices does not make you feel that it is time to sleep. Keep the devices away from you while going to bed.
- Dim lights: Practice dimming all lights in your house before bedtime. Change light bulbs and replace them with low wattage lights. This will enable you to have lights, although they are dim. Low lighting will make your body produce melatonin to make you prepare for sleep.
- Keep away from alcohol and smoking: Consuming alcoholic drinks before bedtime reduces your quality of sleep and you may wake up within two hours. Do not consume alcohol before bedtime. Smoking should be restricted before sleeping, as the nicotine contained in cigarettes is a stimulant, which can take away your sleep.
- Ignore caffeinated drinks: Caffeine is a stimulant and consuming caffeinated drinks before going to bed can result in losing sleep. Do not drink coffee before sleeping.
- Exercise: Exercise is a perfect solution to reduce anxiety and results in improved sleep quality. Exercise regularly during the day or three to four hours before bedtime. Yoga and meditation performed just before going to sleep are effective.
- Make a pre-sleep ritual: Try to find ways, which would help you calm your mind just before going to sleep and practice it every day. This can be reading a book, taking a hot shower or listening to your favorite songs. Your mind will be relaxed, and you will get better sleep.
- Maintain a sleep journal: Keep a sleep journal and write about the time when you go to sleep and when you wake up. Also note down the time you require to fall asleep, the number of times your sleep breaks and how your sleep was. This will enable you to observe your sleep patterns and make adjustments.
For people suffering from anxiety, added insomnia results in enhanced difficulty. One should cope with the problems properly and try to improve upon them.
Hello doctor! I am 20 years old. I have been detected with PCOS recently. And I have been asked by the doctor I am consulting to have different medicines that include contraceptive. I don't want to intake such medicines. What are the natural ways that I can cure it? What are the food supplements that I should take? What are the habits that I should adopt in order to reduce cysts?
If a girl is virgin and semen is released outside her vaginal part, then can speemc travel inside her vagina and can pregnancy is possible?
I have pcod problem. We are planning for pregnancy. I'm using metformin and evacure since from six months. Please suggest.
Mirena is a contraception that can be inserted into the uterus for long term use. This insertion is done with a proper clinical procedure. The Mirena is a device that may be classified as a hormonal Intrauterine device (IUD). This device releases a kind of progestin, which prevents the sperm from travelling to the egg to fertilise it. This hormone basically makes the cervical mucus thick and makes the uterine lining thin, so that ovulation gets suppressed.
Let us get to know more about the procedure and the results of Mirena Insertion.
Reasons: There are a variety of reasons why women use this kind of long term contraception. After insertion, one does not need to have any interruptions in the act of sex in order to look for and use contraception. It also reduces the risk of developing pelvic inflammatory disease. This kind of disease is usually caused by sexually transmitted diseases. This kind of device can also help in bringing down the pain experienced during menstrual cycles. It also reduces the risk of falling prey to endometrial cancer as well as cervical cancer.
Eligibility: You are not an eligible candidate for this kind of procedure if you have suffered from breast cancer, cervical cancer or liver disease. Also, if you suffer from diabetes or other cardiovascular diseases, then it is not safe to go through this procedure.
Procedure: The procedure will be carried out at the doctor’s clinic. The gynaecologist will insert a speculum into your vagina. Then, the doctor will continue to clean the area including the cervix with the help of an antiseptic solution. Thereafter, a special instrument will be used in order to align the uterine cavity with the cervical canal. During this process, the doctor will also measure the depth of the patient’s uterine cavity. The device will then be folded and placed within an applicator tube, which will be inserted into the cervical canal. Then, the applicator tube will be removed. After this, the device will remain in place.
Result: Once the device has been inserted, it will be effective for a period of at least five years. Every month, you will need to get the strings of the device checked so that they are not protruding from the cervix. You may experience side effects like pain during sex as well as others like headaches and persistent migraines. These must be reported to the doctor so that the doctor may deal with any complications.
Removal: If there are any kinds of complications and risks that may develop after the procedure, the doctor can remove this device. This can be done with the help of forceps. The device can also be removed and replaced after five years. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.