Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swapan Biswas
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swapan BiswasYour feedback matters!
Since 6 months, flow of period is not proper as sometimes only 1-2 day or 2-3 days but in very less amount. As gas problem is very high during these days and have to intake 1 meftalspas medicine for stomachache.
I am 25 years old got married 2 years back i'm having hypothyroidism because of this m not having menstruation at all. Is there is any new advance treatment to correct it.
Sciatica is a very common neuropathic pain that is caused by damage to the sciatic nerve, a large nerve that runs from the lower back region down the end of each leg. It is the largest single nerve in the body.
This condition affects around 4 out of 10 people at some point of their lives. The nature of the pain varies from a mild ache to a sharp stinging sensation and may cause feelings of numbness and extreme weakness.
The causes for the onset of sciatica are numerous. Some of them are as follows:
- Slipped lumbar disc
- Muscle inflammation
- Internal bleeding
- Awkward sleeping position
- Uncomfortable footwear
- Spinal injury
How can physical therapy help?
There are many ways of treating sciatica such as medication, acupuncture and surgery, which can provide relief. The most common and easy treatment method however is physical therapy. A progressive and controlled exercise routine that is specifically tailored to the nature of the condition in consultation with a physical therapist acts as an effective remedy in treating the problem. It alleviates pain and also eliminates the chances of relapse.
Physical therapy exercises used to treat sciatica are of many types. These are a combination of core strengthening, muscular stretching and aerobic conditioning routines, which aim at correcting the root of the problem.
The different types of exercises employed to treat sciatica include the following:
1. Strengthening exercises: These aim at strengthening the spinal column and the pelvic region, which includes the hips and buttocks. They help in making the muscles and ligaments in this region more robust and allow for improved flexibility and support. Lunges and squats are some of the examples.
2. Stretching exercises: These provide pain relief through improved agility and flexibility. The most important aspect of these routines is stretching and exercising the hamstring. Hamstring, stretches, calf stretches and tricep stretches are a part of stretching exercises.
3. Aerobic conditioning: These are cardiovascular exercises of low intensity, which provide pain relief through the release of endorphins and the facilitation of fluid and nutrient exchange. Examples of these are swimming and brisk walking. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
My wife has pregnancy of 7 week but doctor said there is no heartbeat is observed. Doctor sail my wife has to take 8 to 10 injection in two month name y sact. Please give suggestion what to do? till now she had taken two injection. Doctor told we can see result after one week. We have to go for check up on 1/5/2015. Please give your suggestions.
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body -
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts.
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine.
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver excretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below -
- Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
- If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
- Narrowing of the bile ducts
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Bile duct tumors
- Tumors in the pancreas
- Various infections such as hepatitis
- Liver complications such as cirrhosis
- Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are -
- You may experience yellowish skin.
- You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting.
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper part.
- Stools may be light colored.
- You may pass urine that is dark in color.
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast cancer, most common cancer type in women. For this reason, and because the breast often long shows no symptoms and therefore often go undetected for a long time, many women have great fear of getting this condition.
The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, although the risk is not for all women is the same.
There are rather few known risk factors that increase the probability of developing a breast cancer.
1. This cancer type mostly arises from malignantly altered cells of the mammary gland or milk ducts. These cancer cells have the property that they can grow and multiply uncontrollably into vessels.
This allows in growth of blood vessels in the breast cancer throughout the body to disperse cancer cells, which then become the starting point of offshoot, known as metastases.
2. Other risk factors are smoking, especially in youth, and increased alcohol consumption. Rarely, benign breast tumors can develop into cancer.
3. Also some cases of breast cancer in women are due to such a familial risk. Especially if the mother or sister, so close blood relatives, is already ill at a young age, this may be an indication of such a gene mutation.
1. Cancer tumor generally grows very slowly, it can take years in some cases up to 20 years take until it is palpable.
2. Only when the breast cancer develops at a specific location, it can already cause early symptoms. Formed, for example, in an adult stage, this can lead to fluid discharge from the nipple.
3. There is also breast cancer tumors that spread in the skin of the nipple. This so called Paget’s disease leads to redness and flaking of the nipple, which can easily be confused with eczema of the nipple.
4. At a more advanced stage of the disease when the tumor has already become significantly larger, other characters may be added.
The tumor can then cause a swelling and redness of the surrounding tissue. In addition, it can also lead to confiscation of the nipple or skin area, which is located directly above the tumor.
5. At the present time, in the very consistent examinations are performed, a breast cancer stops are usually discovered at a relatively early stage, so that such ulceration is rarely seen.
Treatment or therapy
The treatment is customized for each patient. Depending on the stage of different surgical procedures, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and radiation are combined.
1. Over half of the women, it is possible to perform a breast conserving surgery called so. In this case not the whole affected breast, but the tumor is removed at a sufficient safety distance.
In addition to the lymph nodes in the armpit removed now, as they could possibly be already infected tumor cells.
By this operation, expansion however, there may in certain cases to impaired drainage of tissue fluid manifested by a painful swelling of the arm on the same side.
2. Another way of adjuvant therapy is chemotherapy. Here, the woman concerned will be administered substances that damage the tumor cells so much that they die. These drugs, the so called cytotoxic drugs may be administered in a plurality of cycles, so that today usually 6 treatment cycles to be carried out at an interval of 3 weeks.
The optimal breast cancer treatment for each woman is compiled from all of these treatment options, what the prognosis of women suffering from cancer has improved significantly in recent years.