Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sutanu SasmalYour feedback matters!
I have muscle pain in legs. I can't run fast on cardio and frequently. I need help to reduce this pain. N want to run frequently. Can you help me out?
I was riding bike and suddenly I get slipped on the road my left leg was fractured before 6 weeks but it still pains how can I get relief from it.Please tell sir.
I operated my right knee in 2013 for acl injury now I have pain some time knee locked so cont move leg for some time some Dr. said muscles are week some said do more exercise so can you tell me what's happen is there any other reason.
I'm having the problem with back pain. It is after exercise daily. Sir pls kindly tell me the reason and solution regarding my back pain. Thank you.
Hello hi I am yadgiri I am 28 year old I was suffering from backache I have used many medicines but no one works what should do now.
I am suffering from pain in legs since 8 months it feels as all nerves are streching and it pains when I sit and get up it takes atleast 25 minutes to stabalise to walk what should I do.
Hi, I am 28 year old, whenever I wake up in the morning there is huge in pain on my both ankle (back side of both leg), kindly suggest me regarding that.
I am feeling pain in my back bone and start fever in daily evening I also have common cold so tell the treatment.
My mother is suffering from knee pains. She is of 58 and is overweight (120 kg). The doctors advice for knee replacement. How many chances r there for successful knee replacement as she is overweight?
I have drastic problem how it will cure completely I do not feel like eating my hand start shivering,body ache and feel very week ?
Joint pain is considered to be one of the first few signs of aging. According to the science of Ayurveda, joint pain is triggered mainly by an accumulation of toxins in the body. These toxins can create an imbalance in the doshas which in turn can cause pain and inflammation on the joints. Along with joint pain, a person is likely to experience a loss of flexibility, weakness, tenderness and enlargement of the joints.
Unlike some popular forms of medication that focus on relieving the pain, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of the issue. Panchkarma aims at cleansing the body of toxins and clearing blockages in the body’s digestive and circulatory system. This helps the vatta dosha flow easily through the body and reduces pain associated with arthritis etc. Panchkarma can be defined as a collection of five ayurvedic techniques. These are:
- Vasti or Medicated Enema: Vasti aims at removing toxins and waste products from the body through the colon. In doing this, it cleanses the digestive channels and improves circulation of air or the vatta dosha in the body. With better circulation, joint pain is effectively reduced. An enema also nourishes the body and gives it the strength to rebuild tissues while boosting the immune system.
- Abhyanga or Full Body Massage: This technique helps I the removal of toxins from deep tissues within the body. It pacifies the vatta and nourishes the body while simultaneously reducing stress and enabling better quality sleep. A full body massage also helps calm the body both physically and mentally.
- Potli or Poultice Massage: As the name suggests, a potli involves massaging the body with medicated herbs tied together in a tiny bundle that has been warmed with medicated oils. This potli is then used to massage the entire body. This technique helps relax the muscles of the body and soothes the aggravated vatta dosha. It is very effective when it comes to providing relief from joint pains caused by arthritis, spondylitis, muscle cramps etc.
- Pizhichil or Rich Oil Massage: A rich oil massage involves subjecting the body to streams of lukewarm oil that has medicinal properties while simultaneously softly massaging the body. This type of massage helps relieve tension and stress and is a very effective remedy against joint pains. It is highly recommended in the case of rheumatic diseases.
- Svedana or Steam Bath: A steam bath helps cleanse the body both physically and mentally by aiding in the removal of toxins through sweat and calming the mind. It also helps soften the muscles and tissues and dilates the channels in the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.