Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Susmita SawYour feedback matters!
During sex veginal discharge bahot jaldi ho jata h or partner ko ye acha nhi lagta h iske liys kuch upay h kya ?
My wife is 32 years old and had an abortion after 3 month pregnancy due to the abnormality found in baby during NTNB scan level 1 i.e. Nuchal Trans. Please suggest the way forward.
Hi, I don't want to keep the pregnancy, as the first one was before one year and half months. But I checked now pregnancy is already one month and 20 days. Please advice any medicine available for unwanted pregnancy or advice for other option. Which will easiest way.
My wife doesn't have period last month and still she has no period. We have some protect sex last month. Pregnancy test is negative which was check last week. Than what is the issues with her?
Hi. My age 26, height 5.6.weight 59 kg. My periods are regular 28 to 32. My husband semen count also good. I took USG. Hormone test. Its normal only. In USG they mention polycystic ovaries. But I get my periods regular. Also ovulated. Sonography from 6 day to 14 My ovulation happen 14 day. Egg size 24 mm endo line 9.2 and get my periods on 28. Everything is normal but not conceive. Last 5 month took siphene and progynova 21 days. Last month ccq and meprate 10 days. Yesterday I got my periods. Can I continue tablet for another 6 month? Please suggest me next level of treatment and any test required.
I Missed period for 12 days two times negative pregnancy test I have period on 12 the of august intercourse 20 the of august.
Hello. .am happy to say that am 6th week 4 days pregnant. .plz advice me food and exercise. And also sleeping position.
I am 25 year old male from india ,had a condom protected oral sex with a female sex worker .she looked ok did not have any visible lesions or sores on skin or on lips .she put condom on my penis and rolled back till the base ,held the base from her grip and performed oral on me for about 3-4 min after that she removed it easily and we did not indulge in any other for of sex ,the condom remained intact and ok as far a I remember also I did not have any cut or open wound on my penis neither did I have any std bcoz that was my first and last time I did it so far. After this act roughly in the midst of seventh month I had sore throat after eating junk food outside one day followed by high fewer all of this lasted for a day or two I do not remember having any diarrhea. Now 20 days ago I noticed 3-4 white lesions under my tongue got them checked by physician who prescribed me bifilac which took for two days also I was having constipation for past 3-4 days before going to doctor then I felt some problem the third day with my throat so I visited a ent who prescribed me becelac fort after which I had two small rashes on four day I continue taking the same medicine for a week the rashes grew a little and turned dark brown and purplish and started to fade away eventually soon after I stopped taking it meanwhile I went to another ent he did endoscopy of my throat and told me my throat was fine and that he did not see any palpable LAP only a slight effect of tonsils I took the medicine but did not continue after one day and went back to my physician coz I was more worried about the rash on my elbow he prescribed me bifilac and b -complex again even my mouth ulcers had not gone completely so he gave one ointment to apply also soon after starting to tak bifilac I has a itchy rash on abdomen next day the redness around it shrinked a lil ans a white head bump in the center next 2 days I had two more rashes in similar fashion each on one day gap one on my rib area and another one on my thigh .today I noticed multiple tiny bumps with white center raise suddenly on my rib area near shoulder and neck after a pinch feeling got terrified but soon they started settling down in 2-3 hours .i also have a history of nasal allergies severe sneezing had sneezing problem thrice for 1-2 days ech time in last twenty days following cold due to sitting under ac also had my cbc blood work done twice in same twenty days both seem normal to my physician also tlc count did drop between the two from 11000 to 4900 but remained in reference range doc says report is normal he also asked me for a gi endoscopy .constipation still there though not severe. I did not tell any of the docs about the sexual act .been also to a skin and vd doc she examined and said the skin issues are possible drug reaction I did tell her about my encounter with CSW .been under lot of stress and anxiety for last 20 days do not know what to do really scared .i had protected oral , am I at any possible hiv or any other sti risk .do I need to worry about taking a test or am I worrying for no reason and I should just move on .i would appreciate expert notions from related doctors.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, unmarried and never had any sexual activity. I am diagnosed with a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm). I want to ask, do I need any medication or it will dissolve on its own? One more thing, I got my last periods on 6th of june 2016 and this month, I have not get my periods yet. When will I get my periods, is it related to ovarian cyst?
Sir I am 36 years old n got married one year ago. We are planning for child. Please tell me the best time to engage in sexual intercourse? Also what is the best time to meet i. E. At night or at early hours?
Although having sex is important, maintenance of a few proper sexual hygiene standards is of equal importance. A low standard of sexual hygiene can cause infections which can lead to serious diseases. Some tips for hygiene during sex are suggested below:
- Take a Bath: Of course, no one would feel like getting intimate if you smell bad or you are completely wet with your sweat. So it’s suggested that you take a shower and feel fresh before you get going for a sexual quickie. With this feeling of freshness, you would feel more aroused and can perform the sexual act with better energy.
- Clean Up: Couples always want to enjoy oral sex as a foreplay act or during the sexual stint but if you have not washed your sexual organs properly, your partner could get put off and reluctant to give you the oral pleasure. Also, you must wash off your sexual organs properly before and after having sex for your own personal health.
- Get Rid of Brittle Hair: While enjoying sexual acts, one tends to touch their partner all over their body and if they are too hairy on certain parts, it may put your partner off. So make sure you have shaved off brittle hair or at least trim them neatly, so that your mate can enjoy to the fullest and give you maximum pleasure. Also, the body hair can make you look unkempt and can even come in way of your sexual pleasure and make it uneasy for you and your partner to enjoy.
- Keep Your Hands Clean: You would often feel tempted to love your partner anywhere and at any point of time. But you must ensure that your hands and especially your nails are not dirty, as it may irritate your partner. The dirt tends to carry various germs, dust etc, which your partner would not appreciate when you touch them. So it’s not a great thing to start foreplay right after eating something or when you have come from outside. Always wash your hands, so that your partner feels nice when you softly touch them on cheeks, lips and other parts of the body.
- Breath Fresh Air: If your mouth is stinking due to something that you ate before having sex, it can create a state of discomfort for the other partner while kissing. So always brush you teeth after a meal and before you get into the bed. You can also get rid of this smell either by chewing a mint gum or by taking some mouth freshener that makes you breath fresh and pleasant.
So next time when you seek some romantic moments with your partner, make sure you have gone through all of these hygiene tips, thus leaving no chance to irk your partner in the bed. Moreover, it’s always good fun to love someone who is clean and careful about their own hygiene. So enjoy sex sans any discomfort! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Otoplasty is a cosmetic surgery which corrects the deformities or absence of the external ear. Otoplasty originated in ancient India during 800 BC.
When should you opt for an otoplasty?
- Cagot ear: This is a defect where there is no ear lobe attached to the ear.
- Cat’s ear: In this condition the outer side of the ear is pulled forward. It gives the person a more feline appearance.
- Cauliflower ear: This generally occurs when your ear looks like a cauliflower. This is also caused due to hematoma that occurs because of severe trauma.
- Cleft earlobe: In this condition, there is a notch on the fleshy part of the earlobe and can be corrected by otoplasty.
- Constricted ear: In this condition, some of the cartilage is discarded by surgery and a new one is reconstructed.
- Cryptotia: An incision is made and the upper part of the ear is exposed by contraction.
- Darwinian ear: This occurs when the rim cartilage of the conchal bone (hollow next to the ear canal) is flat and not folded outwards. The term ‘Darwinian ear’ is derived from the British biologist Charles Darwin.
- Lop ear: People who have lop ear generally have a protruding ear with a central depression, producing a more ‘cup ear’ appearance. The helix is enlarged after surgery.
- Macrotia: In this situation the ear of the patient is very big as compared to his head. So the surgeon makes incisions on the lateral surface of the pinna (outer ear).
- Microtia: In this condition the pinna is extremely small and the whole ear seems much smaller.
- Question mark ear: This is a rare defect. There is an indentation between the cartilage and the ear lobe rim. This is also known as Cosman ear.
- Scroll ear: The outer edge of the ear protrudes forward in such a condition.
- Stahl’s ear deformity: In this condition the outer skin and cartilage folds abnormally giving an ‘elf’ kind of appearance.
Otoplasty is usually done to improve the appearance of the ear in severe cases and it is important to get a recommendation from more than one doctor or more than one ENT specialist before going forward with this procedure.