Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Susmita SawYour feedback matters!
Protein comes in ample amount from foods such as meat, eggs, legumes, dairy products, soy, and fish. It serves as the building blocks for the body's cells, muscles, skin, tissue, and organs.
Although, both chicken and egg are infused with high amounts of protein, they do vary on the grounds of the actual protein content per serving. So which is a better source of protein?
Nutritional facts of 100g chicken
Nutritional facts of 100g eggs
Both chicken and eggs are a low calorie and high protein option. However, chicken contains double the amount of protein than eggs per serving, emerging as a clear winner. Not only that, chicken also contains less cholesterol in comparison to eggs, making it a much healthier food choice.
Nevertheless, eggs possess a number of other health benefits, and should not be ruled out of your daily diet.
1. Eggs contain riboflavin or Vitamin B2 in abundance, which helps in improving your metabolism
2. Egg whites are a rich source of Vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as zinc, iron, and copper, all of which are essential for the proper functioning of your body
Even though both chicken and eggs are almost equally healthy, the key to proper health is to eat all you want but in a moderate manner.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My cesarean was on dec 10, 2016. I got my next periods on jan 8, 2017. I had sex with my husband on feb 9, I did not get my periods yet in february. Is there possibilities of pregnancy?
I terminated my first pregnancy 4 years ago and I did it because I was unmarried that time and my partner did it forcefully. I was shattered physically and mentally after that incident. Two years ago my parents fixed my marriage and after a year we came in physical relationship. We both got married in February and I conceived on 1st April. Since it was really very unplanned and we were just not ready for the child so we mutually decided to abort this pregnancy too. It has been 15 days now and I am recovering gradually but I am very worried about my health now. Today I went to doctor for discussing all this but she behaved very rudely with me for my two abortions. I know at the age of 23, it should not be happen. But it's really my misfortune and I seriously need help of some good gynecologist who can really help me with a good guidance. I want to know that can I suffer from infertility because of my abortions. Can't I start a family in future. Is my uterus really weak to carry a baby in future? What should I do to recover from these situations mentally and physically?
Hi I got married. Since front five years I did not conceived. I have thyroid, pcod and I gt fibroid operation. And my husband count is less it's not 15 percent kindly give me suggestions to conceive and suggest me best fr conceiving pls pls pls.
I am 22 year old, I have problem with periods, every months getting 2-3 before due date , please tell me how to cure this, what medicine has to take.
My mensuration has not come yet, I think am pregnant I want to remove it with drugs but I do not know the drugs name.
Hi I am female 21 year old I had period last month on 24 nov it ended on 26 and after that I had sex with out any protection on 27 n 28 and on 29 I ate a unwanted 72. Now from 6 december I am having my periods again, I am afraid. Kindly clear my misconceptions Thank you.
My wife never agree for sex. When I ask her for the reasons she always say that she is never in a mood to do that. What should I do?
I am 5 week pregnant confirmed through Urine test at home. So, please suggest is it safe to use Abortion kit at home to prevent pregnancy. If yes, please suggest name of best Kit available in market.
As my wife is 2.5 month pregnant. So can she travel within this period or normally travelling on bike for some time.
Dr. I am very much worried about the rashes in my inner thigh. And they are growing to upper thigh. They some times fade out bt sometimes become so dark. I am not getting a satisfactory answer. Plzzzzzzzzz help me .why they are occurring. Along with them sometimes vaginal white discharge comes out nd vaginal lips become hard. Bt these marks are from last 2-3 months. Plzzzzzzzzz suggest me what to do? Thnx.
Dear Dr. Last menstruation date was 4th February. There was no sign of periods on march .she tested on prega news indicator and found that she is pregnant. She went to a gynaecologist on 15th march .the doctor suggested to take rest at home ,not to lift heavy loads .given some blood test. But she will get the results of those blood tests after few days. The doctor has written some medicines but she has not bought yet. But today and yesterday a little bit deep, grey blood like liquids has come out .will be there any problem .can she be remained pregnant? She is anxious to have a baby. We have been trying since 8 months. Please suggest.
I heard option 72 pill Avoid pregnancy for up to three years? If it is the case if I take option 72 I don't get pregnancy for next 3 years? Also could you pls suggest best pill to avoid pregnancy for next 2 years.
Craving the objects of their satisfaction, the senses take control of the mind and intelligence, leading to frustration and anger when their impossible demands go unmet.
From this anger, delusion arises, and from delusion, bewilderment of memory. When memory is bewildered, human intelligence is lost, leaving one in a hell of irrational behavior.
As fever is a symptom of some disease in the body, anger is a symptom of ongoing material hankerings.
Just as treating fever alone will not cure the disease, treating anger without understanding it to be a symptom of lust will not extinguish the unwanted behavior.
To conquer anger, we must first ask how we shall conquer lust.
Today morning I had sex with my gf. She was a virgin. But what we noticed after sex was huge blood coming out of her vagina. Is it normal or I have to worry about it. Its around 150 ml blood n was continuing flowing. Mam/sir please do answer as soon as possible.
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mothers-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
The good news is that this is the time when those few extra kilos aren't the cause of concern. In fact, they're a healthy and necessary part of the process. But what exactly is normal weight gain during pregnancy? How much is too much weight or too little?
If you were underweight to start with, you might need to gain a few more kilos than the average mum-to-be. Women who don't put on enough weight during pregnancy are at higher risk of premature birth, having babies with low birth weight and other complications.
But if you were heavier before your pregnancy, you'll probably need to keep your weight gain in check. Being overweight or adding too many kilos during pregnancy can lead to complications such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, birth defects or having a big baby.
Today, where our modern lifestyles expose us to minimal physical activity, the risks of becoming overweight during pregnancy are higher, and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being overweight have adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negatives in the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of abnormal weight gain in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chances of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period, and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from abnormal weight gain during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
How much weight to gain and when?
Unlike the equation used to calculate your BMI, the process of putting on kilos is not an exact science. Your rate of weight gain will depend on a variety of factors, such as your metabolism, your activity level and your genetics. These vary by trimester:
- During your first trimester, your baby is still tiny, which means you don’t need to gain more than a total of 1 to 2 kilos. However, if you're suffering from morning sickness, you might not gain much (or might even lose a little). That’s OK, as long as your appetite picks up and you make up for those kilos in the second trimester.
- In your second trimester, your baby starts to grow in earnest. Your weight gain should pick up, if you started out pregnancy at a normal weight, you would gain a total of approx. 6 kilos by the end of this trimester.
- In your third trimester, baby’s weight gain will pick up steam, but yours may start to taper off for a net gain of about 4.5 kilos. Some women find their weight holds steady or even drops a kilo or two during the ninth month, when ever-tighter abdominal quarters can make finding room for food a struggle.
Gradual weight gain is as important as the number of kilos you gain, since your baby needs a steady supply of nutrients and calories to grow during his or her stay in the womb.
Tackling abnormal weight gain and keeping it at bay:
One of the most important things to do in order to keep abnormal weight gain at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.
You don't need to eat for two. Gaining too much weight during pregnancy can make it hard to shift after your baby is born.
Bear in mind that keeping active will help you to control your weight. Exercise is good for you during pregnancy. Staying active will also increase your chance of having a straightforward labour and birth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.