Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sushil PalYour feedback matters!
Very much satisfied with the doctor s treatment and care for the baby.very experienced and good doctor.
Very experienced and good doctor.very much satisfied with his treatment and child care.
Prompt service,very experienced doctor.Satisfactory response.
My 3 year old boy is troubled because of intestines. Sometimes his entanglement gets entangled, never sticks. Because of that I had to perform two operations. Doctors are not telling a solid regime. What should I do so that he has no problem in future?
My son has some symptoms of adhd what kind of activities can you suggest to change his behavior he s hyperactive how can reduce his hyperactivity. He s 2 years 11 months. He doesn't speaks but speak few words. He has no hearing problem. Suggest me some tips to make him. Thanks in advance.
Hello! We have a 9 months old baby and we want to feed her egg so how and which part we should feed her?
Hi sir my baby birth weight was 2.56 kg after 1 month her weight was 4.6 kg after 2 month her weight was 5.7 but now she completed 3 months 20 day. We checked weight at the same duration her weight was 6.12 kg.now she takes 100 ml per feeding. Sometimes she refuses the milk. My worry is her weight was not increase gradually compare the previous month. Is it OK sir? Then how much ml she will taken this month?(only formula feed is taken)
My son is 3 years old. He speaks only words. He will ask for water or food. Toys. He knows alphabet, colors and numbers. He can tell few objects. He is good in physical activities. He has does not form sentences yet. Is it normal for 3 years old kid? What can I do to enhance his speech.
The word epilepsy brings to mind visions of people frothing at the mouth and rolling on the ground. However, epilepsy affects each patient in a different way. This can make it hard to recognize at times. In the more serious cases of epilepsy, an epileptic attack can make a patient injure himself or develop other life threatening conditions. In rare cases, epilepsy can even cause death. Thus it becomes imperative to understand how to deal with epilepsy.
Treatment options for epilepsy can be categorized as medication, surgical procedures and dietary changes.
Medication: Medication for epilepsy is prescribed on the basis of the symptoms presented and the type of epilepsy the patient is suffering from. In most cases, seizures can be controlled with a single type of medication, but in others, the doctor may need to prescribe a combination of medicines to control epilepsy. These forms of medication do have side effects and hence any reactions to the medication must be immediately brought to the doctor's notice. The dosage for epilepsy medication may need to be varied with time. An epileptic patient should never discontinue medication on their own.
Surgery: Depending on the type of seizures and the area of the brain affected, a doctor may advise surgery in cases of severe epilepsy. Surgery can help reduce the number of seizures experienced or completely stop them. Surgery to treat epilepsy is of many types. Some of the common procedures are:
- Surgery to remove tumor of any such conditions that may be triggering the epileptic attacks
- Surgery to remove a small section of the brain from where a seizure originates. This may also be referred to as a lobectomy.
- Multiple subpial transaction or a surgery that involves making a series of cuts in the brain to prevent the seizures from spreading to other parts of the brain.
- Surgery to sever the neural connections between the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- Surgery to remove half the brain's cortex or outer layer
Dietary changes: A diet rich in fats and low in carbohydrates can help reduce seizures. This is known as a ketogenic diet and aims at making the body break down fats instead of carbohydrates. It can cause a buildup of uric acid in the body and thus should be practiced only under the guidance of a dietician. In cases where epileptic attacks are triggered by malnutrition and birth defects, taking vitamin supplements can help lower the frequency of seizures.
Hello sir, I am getting cough and cold every month and it took more than a week to relief if I will not get any medicine. What should I do?
My son is going to be 1 years next month. He has got very less hair from birth that too his front head had no hair. We did head shave for him on 29th may n there is hardly a few hair at the back. It was really shocking for us since no one in our family has less hair. In fact I have never seen a bald person in our entire village. All the peoplel in our locality has good hair esp our family members have more. What might be the reason for this. Is it due to poor nutrition during pregnancy. Suggest some remedies to improve his hair growth.
Hello. My period start after 6 week of my cesarean delivery. Now my baby is 3 months old. And my monthly period are started. I want to know which days are safe for my to avoid pregnancy again.
My son is 7.5yrs. He shatters his teeth a lot at. I guess the term is called bruxism. Is there any remedy. And what are the drawbacks.
Step 1: Begin by looking at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
Here's what you should look for:
Breasts that are their usual size, shape, and color
Breasts that are evenly shaped without visible distortion or swelling
If you see any of the following changes, bring them to your doctor's attention:
Dimpling, puckering, or bulging of the skin
A nipple that has changed position or an inverted nipple (pushed inward instead of sticking out)
Redness, soreness, rash, or swelling
Step 2: now, raise your arms and look for the same changes.
Step 3: while you're at the mirror, look for any signs of fluid coming out of one or both nipples (this could be a watery, milky, or yellow fluid or blood).
Step 4: next, feel your breasts while lying down, using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast. Use a firm, smooth touch with the first few finger pads of your hand, keeping the fingers flat and together. Use a circular motion, about the size of a quarter.
Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side — from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.
Follow a pattern to be sure that you cover the whole breast. You can begin at the nipple, moving in larger and larger circles until you reach the outer edge of the breast. You can also move your fingers up and down vertically, in rows, as if you were mowing a lawn. This up-and-down approach seems to work best for most women. Be sure to feel all the tissue from the front to the back of your breasts: for the skin and tissue just beneath, use light pressure; use medium pressure for tissue in the middle of your breasts; use firm pressure for the deep tissue in the back. When you've reached the deep tissue, you should be able to feel down to your ribcage.
Step 5: finally, feel your breasts while you are standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest way to feel their breasts is when their skin is wet and slippery, so they like to do this step in the shower. Cover your entire breast, using the same hand movements described in step 4.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"
1. My 5 week old baby s giving some wired sound while sleeping and even she's awake sometimes at time of feeding. I don't know why she's giving such sound. It makes me worry. Can. you please tel me is this normal or any issue. Do I need to give any medicine for tat. 2. Daily she poops frequently. More than 10 times. Max of 15. To 2o times per day.When checked with Dr. Dr said its normal and will change after 30 days. Now she's 5 weeks old but still same.I'm Worrying alot. Pls help me 3. Crying while urinating and passing poops. Daily giving water. Only breastfeeding. What should I do. Pl help Dr. This s my first baby. I m very much worried.
Hi. I have heard that we can use Neem oil as a mosquito repellent to be applied on body. I have some confusion/queries related to that. 1. Can it be applied to an infant who is just 15 days old. 2. If yes then how to use it. 3. Does it has any side effects. 4. It should be directly applied to be body or on clothes and on which body parts. 5. What is correct time of the day to apply. I have an infant who is 15 days old, all above queries are related to him.
I am a 14 year old girl and my stomach is paining from last 2 days I have vomited more than 4 times, also I have taken 3 pain killers but it doesn't seems to be working, what to do please help me.
Amazing Power of Guava Leaves ! Excellent Obesity & Diabetes Tip !
Guava leaves helps in weight loss as it prevents the body’s complex starches from getting converted into sugars. The Carbs in our body are broken down in the liver and guava leaves prevents this process of Carbohydrates getting transformed into useful compounds.
Guava leaves are also beneficial for diabetes patients. It helps in preventing the body’s absorption of sucrose and maltose and thus helps in lowering blood sugar levels. Consuming Guava leaves tea regularly for more than 12 weeks can help in maintaining your blood sugar levels. It also reduces the production of insulin in the body.
Do follow for more easy to follow, kitchen & home remedies.
Do take Personalised/Customised Diet/Therapeutic Nutrition Consultations for best results.
Dt. Neetha Dilip.