Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sur Pradyut Kuma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sur Pradyut KumaYour feedback matters!
Hi m 37 weeks pregnant. But I don't have labour signs yet. Is sex safe during this period to soften cervix area and get labour soon. Pls suggest me wht should I do. It is my first pregnancy.
I'm 22 years female, i'm sexually active and smoke one cigarette a day. I didn't get my periods from feb 2018 then in April first week I was diagnosed with early pcod symptoms. I was given me parte and I started my period. On 2nd day of cycle I did my blood tests and the reports are normal. What does this mean? I don't have pcod? If I don't why no periods coming?
My periods are not coming. I am not pregnant too. I eat cinnamon jaggery papaya. But I am not getting it completely. Few brown drops of blood appears in morning from 3 days but nothing else. This situation Never happened before. please guide me. What to do now? I took pills for delay period 3 months ago. After that my period becomes irregular. Is there any side effects? As I took doctors prescribed pill. Suggest me tablets for periods.
Please advice home remedies for treating vagina infection. Can Applications of pure coconut oily remove Rashes making skin from reddish dark patchy to normal? How much time it takes to cure . Thanx!
Seasonal allergies are usually characterized by sneezing, coughing and other allergic reactions. Also known as hay fever and allergic rhinitis, the condition tends to appear only during certain seasons of the year. The disease is triggered by changes in the weather and exposure to certain allergens like dust. The allergens cause the body to release histamine into the blood thus, resulting in symptoms of allergy.
The symptoms of seasonal allergy are:
- Congestion in the nose
- You may experience a blocked and runny nose
- You may have an itchy nose
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall well-being. The various Ayurvedic remedies for treating seasonal allergies are:
- Restrict Dairy Intake: You need to cut dairy out of your diet as dairy products have all the characteristics of a cold food. They tend to create imbalance in the “kapha” dosha in the body, thus leading to various diseases.
- Ayurvedic Detox: Consider doing an Ayurvedic detoxification to cleanse the body of the various toxins. It helps in smoothing out the “dosha” balance and hence improves your overall well-being.
- Nasya: This process requires you to put drops of medicated oils inside your nostrils. This lubricates the nasal cavity and prevents the allergens from causing an allergic reaction in the body.
- Eat More Warm Foods: Try to eat warm and cooked foods as much as possible. Eating frozen foods is not recommended as the nutrients from the food may not be absorbed properly owing to a weak digestive system which may be the result of a bout of severe seasonal allergies. Include foods such as soups and porridge and you have a perfect dish to gorge on.
- Exercise on a Regular Basis: Make sure you exercise on a regular basis to improve your fitness levels and also to keep a check on your weight. Certain “yoga” poses such as the downward dog and the cobra help to improve the digestive process. Add cardio workouts such as running and swimming to improve the health of the lungs.
- Add Spices: Add spices to your cooking such as turmeric or garlic as they help in rejuvenating the respiratory system.
Hiii She is suffering from extreme pain during periods on 2nd and 3rd day Please suggest why is this happening or is it natural.
Hi, we are new couple. Kindly suggest us the right way of contraception is it a condom or pill? does pill have side effect's?
It is always advisable to practice safe physical intimacy, which helps avoid many complications including unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Talking of the latter, while some like herpes manifest shortly after contracting the disease, some may take months and years to show up and infections like chlamydia are extremely hard to detect.
So, if you think you could have contracted an STD from someone, be sure to watch out for the following signs and symptoms.
Vaginal or penile discharge: If you are experiencing anything unusual in terms of discharge (color, consistency, or odor change) from your genital organs after unprotected sex, it is always advisable to get it tested. The risk is higher if you are not sure of your partner’s history.
Vaginal or penile itching: This could again be one of the early signs of infection and therefore it will be good to get it checked.
Sores or lesions on the genitals: Whatever the size, shape or color, if you are seeing sores on the genitals, especially after doubtful sexual relations, visit your doctor and have a frank chat.
Vaginal bleeding: If there is abnormal bleeding which is not normal for you, it could be a warning sign of an STD and it is better to get it checked.
Painful sex: Again, if this is abnormal for you, it is time for a checkup. Note that this would usually be combined with one or more of the above symptoms and would not be the only issue you are having.
Testicular pain: Pain in the testicles which is not normal for you could be another indication of an STD. This would not be the only symptom and would be accompanied by other symptoms mentioned above.
Pain in the lower abdomen: Most STDs in men and women also have lower abdominal pain, in the pelvic/scrotal area.
History: If your partner has had a history of STDs in the last one year, then the risk of you developing an STD is quite high. In such cases, it is always advisable to get it tested. This will help clear your doubt plus control the disease at an early stage.
Inability to conceive: Some STDs can cause infertility and so inability to conceive may require ruling out STDs
Manifestation of symptoms: For more severe conditions like HIV, the symptoms manifest after a long time and include general symptoms of immuno suppression like fatigue, tiredness and slowly develop specific symptoms like oral candidiasis and other infections.
When in doubt, do not hesitate to get yourself or your partner tested. There is no reason for embarrassment and avoiding tests in the early days can prove very dear if the disease progresses to advanced stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.