Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suparna Chowdhuri
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suparna ChowdhuriYour feedback matters!
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.
My wife has pain in both the heels at one particular point. More so when she has to stand for extended period at a stretch. The pain is there everyday. What might be the reason and what should she do?
I am 35 years old. I used to have pain in my breast about 7 -10 days before menstruation. For which I was recommended SEVISTA medicine to be taken twice a week. Now the pain is relieved to a great extent but there is a watery discharge from my breast and once or twice the water came out itself with out. Pressing. I have undergone Prolactin and T4 &T3 test for which results were normal. Please suggest.
Mene april me ovabless li thi. Usi month me 24th day me ho gai thi lekin uske baad se mere period hi nai aaare hai, 1 may ko hui fir 2 july ko or abhi tak period nai aaya. Kya ye ovabless ka side effect hai? Mujhe kya karna chaiye?
- The practice of drinking cold milk during this fast/ this day has its origins in science. Sharad ritu (autumn season) brings in very hot days and cool nights. During such weather, ‘pitta’ or acidity or the body heat becomes predominant in our body. Consumption of milk, rice flakes is a good remedy for ‘pitta’.
- There is also a close connection between the moon and the sharad purnima day – the moon is believed to be close to the earth on the day and it is believed that moon’s rays contain nourishing elements. People believe that as the moon is nearest to the earth on the day and as moon’s rays has several curative properties it will be helpful to human beings. So people spend the evening under moonlight.
- Chandra, the moon god, is associated with herbs and medicine in hinduism. The rays are believed to be associated with cold, phlegm, asthma, distress, insomnia, weak left eye, breasts and womb effected in astrology. The rays being cooling in nature suppress the body heat.
- The showering of bhakti raas on the sharad purnima night by krishna on gopis and radha has been the main theme for poets and philosophers and still continues to attract the fantasies of common man. The sharad purnima night is also seen as the night of love and couples come out at night to face the moon and express their love. Therefore, sharad purima becomes the night of pure unconditional love and meditation.
- Meditation for at least 5 minutes in front of the" moon amrit shower" brings peace and health to the mind and the body (the ideal timing for meditation today is 8.50 pm to 12.10 am).
I'm 19 years old I had unprotected sex on April 16th. I didn't notice ejaculation is done or not. He didn't cum into vagina .I got 3 days periods next day 17th April .I took ipill after 72 hours (20 April ).again I got periods on 30 April only 2 days period. What does it sign ?how to come to my regular normal periods?
IVF refers to In Vitro Fertilization, which is an assisted reproductive technology, is one of the most effective and popular treatment options for people facing fertility issues. When the initial or basic IVF treatment fails, additional advanced treatment options become necessary in order to make the IVF procedure successful. Read on to know more about the different treatment options available in IVF in detail.
- ICSI: ICSI or Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection is a specialized form of in vitro fertilization. This treatment is required when the sperm is found to be abnormal. The procedure is the same as that of basic IVF and is performed in the laboratory where ICSI sperm injection is given to the female egg in order to fertilize it.
- Blastocyst: In normal IVF procedure, after the egg collection, the embryo is transferred inside the utterers usually on day two or day three. But, there is also an option to let the embryo grow further till day five when the blastocyst is formed and is then transferred inside the uterus, as per the requirement of the patient’s situation.
- PGS/PGD: The term PGD refers to Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis whereas PGS refers to Pre-implantation Genetic Screening. Just as the names suggest, both these treatments are performed by collecting single cells from the newly formed embryo and are then diagnosed and screened for the presence of specific genetic conditions for checking of the normalcy of the chromosomes of the embryo, before transplanting the embryo inside the uterus.
- Laser-Assisted Hatching: Laser-assisted hatching becomes essential in case the embryos fail to hatch themselves in the interior wall of the uterus (uterine wall). This treatment intends to help during the hatching of the embryo from its protective shell in the outer section while promoting implantation once the embryo is transferred inside the uterus.
- Frozen Embryo Transfer/FET: FET or Frozen Embryo Transfer refers to a cycle where the frozen embryos are used for establishing a pregnancy. Here, the embryos from the previous egg cycle or IVF are frozen and then transferred back into the uterus of the female in case the previous embryo transplant fails.
Both PESA or Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration and TESA or Testicular Sperm Aspiration are both minor surgical procedures that are performed for finding sperm when the male partner is found to be suffering from Azoospermia which is the absence of sperm when he ejaculates.
Depending on the fertility condition of the patients, previous response to the IVF treatments, and the result of the previous IVF treatment, the IVF treatment options one has to go through may vary. You must consult with your IVF specialist to know whether and which of the advanced IVF treatment options you may have to opt for to ensure a healthy pregnancy as well as a healthy baby.