Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am suffering from severe headache since one week and severe body pains since three days. What medicines should I prescribe to cure them?
I have social anxiety. As a result I am unable to move freely with my colleagues in office. I am feeling so much depressed.
For e. G lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I was in relationship. It broke before 2 years back. We both were really serious about each others .After that I feel no more to live. Everything feels lost. I have moved on but when I am alone I just can not take her out of my mind. Every moment I just think about her. I have everything in my life still I feel like something is really missing and it really hurts. My mind is totally fucked.
My mother is patient of Diabetes. Her blood urea is 84 and creatinine level is 1.77 we give her a medicine of pain killer two weak she lost her memory so what what can I do for this condition.
My sister in Law is 30 years old. She has depression. E she is always thinking negative and she won't mingle with others and always she get angry. What should we want to do.
My dad age is 55. We gave 7 tablets of crotonol 500mg. Now he is taking like mental upset. Now we are admitted in rajeev nursing home at hassan. So get me some good suggestion please.
I have Gender Identity Disorder, am a female now but would like to transform into a male. My parents agreed for me to go ahead but they don't want to be involved with all the meetings. And my doctor seem to be handling it for the first time for he keeps calling my father. Hence now my father is irritated and I am back to where I started i.e to convince them again. I am 23 years old. Am I not matured enough to take my own decision for this when I am firm about it ? I can answer all the questions but why is it so hard for me in India to even consult a doctor on my own?
I am 23 years old and my body has not grown as per my age. I feel very guilty and depressed please help me and give some Health tips please.
Everyone desires to have a partner who can be their strength, a person who can help them sail through when the going gets tough. A perfect love filled, hassle free relationship tops the priority list of most people. Of late, the ideal 'made for each other' couples have become a thing of the past. Stress, work pressure, the mad rush to be at the pinnacle is taking a serious toll on a person's physical and mental health.
Many relationships have gone kaput due to irreconcilable differences. At times, the problem is not about infidelity, but compatibility. Love is there, but understanding is long gone. Under such circumstances, a therapist or a marriage counsellor comes as a ray of hope. Couples therapy has been instrumental in getting many relationships back on track.
Couples therapy cannot miraculously solve the complications and compatibility issues. For a relationship to work, both the partners need to make a conscious and sincere effort. The following tips, can go a long way to make the couples therapy work.
- No one is born perfect: To err is human. Imperfections will be there. The trick is to create and enjoy small perfect moments out of the imperfections. Do not fall for fairytale love stories. Believe it or not, even fairytale love stories come with their own set of imperfections. Couples therapy amalgamated with this fact can work wonders for your relationship.
- Choose the right therapist: An experienced therapist or counsellor will make the therapy much more effective. Thus choosing the right therapist becomes a determining factor in the overall success of the therapy.
- Discuss in detail: A wise man had once said; do not hide anything from your doctor and lawyer. If you want the therapy and your relationship to work, open up to the therapist. Be transparent and honest. To chalk out an effective therapy, the therapist needs to know every detail.
- Express your point of view: Couples therapy without the involvement of both the partners is meaningless and futile. The partners need to express their point of view. It helps a great deal to ease out the tension and awkwardness between the couple.
- Don't lose hope Couples therapy does not always guarantee 100% success. A lot of factors go into its success. A therapist is no magician. This should not demoralise you. Set realistic goals, be patient with the therapy. With time, things will change for the better.
- Be regular with the sessions: Work can wait, but a relationship, once lost, will be gone forever. Give your relationship the time and priority it deserves. A therapist knows what work for your relationship. Both the partners should participate in the activities assigned by the therapist.
The activities, if practiced diligently, will do your relationship, a world of good. Every relationship goes through a lean phase. Consult a therapist before it spoils your relationship. Reach out at to know everything about couples therapy.