Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit MazumderYour feedback matters!
I love someone who maybe like me. She is of my cast. I had tried many times to convince her but she can't be against her family. Her family members do not support me. They always ignore. Due to this case i am really in big trouble. I don't know what they want. I can't contact her. If I contact her it will create problem for me and also for her. What should I have to do? suggest me please.
I want to quit the smoking he to quiting and any side effects or any causes I accoutrements if I quit the smoke.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Last night l have very pain in my head and heart and my legs ar so much paining and my hand arms are so. i am 23 year old. i am having a problem of head ache. i can not able to sleep at night. please help
I'm 17 years old and I sleep alot and because of this I'm not able to focus on my studies My grades are going down day after day (studying medical) please help me out (really tensed)
Overthinking is the biggest problem for me. First it brings negativity in my mind and then depression. Suddenly I become very tired.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all time please help me.
I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Is being addicted to tobacco a reason for it? Can I live alone for job at a place away from family?
Hi Doc, My age is 24+. Doc, from the last 6 months I'm totally feeling stressed because I lost my job due to some reason & I knew that from the very first day, my mind is not relaxed & I can't concentrate any other activities or stuffs. I always feel very irritating & boring, I'm loosing my interests from all of my currents works that I have to do. My mind is not focused for that reason I can't find another good job like the previous one. I am an IT Employee since 2014. Doc, please help me what to do?
• Six million deaths occur worldwide because of smoking.
• About 50% of smokers are expected to die because of tobacco–related illnesses.
• The three most important cigarette–related illnesses, which may be potentially fatal, are heart diseases, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (Chronic bronchitis or asthma of the adult).
• Smoking cessation is associated with substantial health benefits.
• Smoking cessation can reduce risk of heart diseases, cancer and COPD.
• Quitting smoking can help even after development of smoking–related heart diseases, cancer or COPD.
• Stopping smoking before age 40 is associated with a larger benefit than stopping it at later stage.
• Smoking exaggerates bone loss and is a risk factor for hip fracture. Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 10% of heart blockage diseases all over the world.
• Cigarette smoking is responsible for 33% of all cardiac deaths.
• Quitting smoking even after age 60 is associated with lower risk of deaths.
• Smoking cessation also reduces risk of paralysis.
• Smoking cessation also reduces the progress of blockages in the leg vessels.
• Smoking is associated with premature aging in women.
• Even in smokers older than 80 years, quitting smoking reduces mortality.
• Quitting smoking means no smoking for three years.
• Bidi smoking is as bad as cigarette smoking.
• Tobacco chewing is as bad as cigarette smoking.