Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman Sha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Suman ShaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes for over 4 days so please suggest me what to do in that case also say me the diet and also some proper medicines for it?
I am having redness, foreign body sensation and irritation in both eyes since last 6 months. Initially, it was diagnosed as allergy/conjunctivitis. Subsequently, it was diagnosed as Trachoma due to concretions under both eyelids which were later removed surgically. However, now a new problem of involuntary blinking has started. The problem increases while driving or in sun. Is this Dystonia? How to get rid of this problem?
Hello Readers I'm writing on behalf of my mother who has been suffering from Migraine since she was 16; she is 60 now. All these years have been intense especially the mornings that has numbered to 16000 now; we tried all the alternatives, namely Ayurveda, Acupressure, Homeopathy, myriad doctors such as Neurologists, Physicians, General Practitioners. Based upon the advices, my mother has been taking drugs, Vasograin, Suminat, Ambulex, Alprax for last 5 years and have seen a reduction in the frequency of the attacks ; I will try to be concise about the schedule/methodology as mentioned below: a.Migraine attacks come every morning (I believe after the sleep); vasograin and ambulex are taken which subside the pain before my mother could start her day. B.There are days when after upon eating several foods (such as milk product items, wheat products, spinach, tangy fruits), migraine does come back and the solution is a second dose of vasograin. However, introduction of Gasex (Himalaya product) after the food has reduced the intensity of the pain. C.Alprax is taken (once or twice a month) in case the headache is intense and a feeling of numbness is there. D.Every 15 days or so, my mother gets a severe attack that goes away only with the Suminat (25 mgs) that comes with the nausea. After all these years, I?m intensely worried about the GI Tract of my mother, poisoning of the organs because of drugs ingestion, overall general health and what not; your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I have red eyes upto 3 days .and pain in body head hands .chest and I have allergy in body since 5 days.
Sir, I recently realized that my eyes vision is low. So, what should I do or eat for increasing my eye's vision. Suggest me some eye dropper.
My son is having a severe pain in his head. He did check up on his eyes and the grade of left is 400 plus the right is 125. Is it possible from that grade that's why his puking ad having so much pain in his head? Thanks & pls reply.
I am irritating my eyes by last Two Weeks so my request is that plsss give a solution for this problem I m suffering.
Sir my eyes is getting red when I used computer. The problem is I am a software engineer and daily I have to work nine hour in front of computer and it is very difficult to sit on computer in these day.
My dad age 53, suffering from varicose veins gr 3. Doctor advised laser surgery. Is there any other way to avoid surgery. His legs have become black colour n can't able to walk much r stand long hours. He does work standing continuously l.we are postponing surgery since one year. Does it lead to any complications further? please suggest.
With everything requiring a computer to execute, more and more people end up looking at the computer screen for hours on end. This could range anywhere from a couple of hours to really long hours like 16 to 18. The effect of is a group of symptoms, which are collectively known as computer vision syndrome or CVS (syndrome means a collection of symptoms). The cause of this is the strain and pain resulting from constant staring at the monitor.
It is a type of repetitive stress injury, where a particular organ, the eye here, is subjected to repeated action (staring at a monitor) resulting in a group of symptoms. This is also compounded by age, where the flexibility to adjust to near and far vision is gradually reduced.
Symptoms of CVS:
There is no damage per se, but a constant strain on the eyes leads to:
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Dryness of the eyes
- Redness of the eyes
- Irritation of the eyes
- Headaches and neck/back aches
This could be a progressive condition, where the symptoms get worse with time. Treatment is definitely an option once the problem sets in, but this is a condition which can be definitely prevented with some simple, effective steps.
- Desk arrangement: Make sure the desk or monitor is slightly below eye level, about 30 inches away from the face. If you are straining the neck or the back to look at the monitor, it requires a change. The chair also can be changed in height to suit the seating. Also, prints can be pinned to the workstation when something is being typed, so constantly looking up and down while typing is avoided.
- Screen type: Move away from the older tube-style monitor with an LCD screen, which is easier on the eye. Check the computer settings so that brightness, contrast, and font size and shape and contrast are altered to suit your convenience. Ensure you are not requiring to strain to read.
- Alter the lighting: Look around you, and ensure there is adequate lighting with no glares on the monitor from surrounding windows or bright lights. A glare filter on the monitor is an effective way to manage this.
- Rest your eyes: Follow the 20-20-20 rule, with a 20-second break every 20 minutes where you look at something 20 feet away.
- Keep them moist: Blink your eyes constantly to ensure there is enough moisture. Eye drops can be used if required additionally.
- Frequent breaks: Not just your eyes, this also reduces strain on the neck and the back.
- Regular eye checkups: An annual visit, especially after 40, is a must for optimal eye health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!