Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata BasuYour feedback matters!
I am a mother of 3 month old baby. As I had breast mastitis, my was on mostly formula milk. Now am well and want to stop formula milk totally. But the problem is my breast milk supply decreased. What to do to increase it as soon as possible? please help me.
My daughter of age 7 years studying in class 2 complaints chest pain followed by breathing problem especially when. She is in school hrs sometimes at home also. Echo test chest x ray done but all normal. Once I asked to her why its so she replied that homework was not completed so madam will beat. We made her homework uptodate. Two three days absolutely no problem but yesterday evening again she was crying for chest pain. What should I do.
Dear Sir/Madam, My son is 10 month old, His health is very good but teeth is still not yet come. So please tell me what shall I do for it or it is okay if teeth come late? Which food or fruits I give give him for teeth growth. Thanks you.
I am 12 year old, fungal infection in my tounge since five year. What can I do. Which medicine take.
Are there any long-term effects associated with Taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity Disorder) medications? If so, what are they and What medications are implicated?
Hi Team, I have twin baby girls, they are 13 months old now and one baby is 9.5 kgs weight and the other is 10.3 kgs. Is it a correct weight growth for them I am worried. I would like to ask if we can give them Threptin biscuits for better weight growth or do I need to prefer any other for them. Do suggest me with food items for them for gaining weight and for brain development.
My baby is 11mths old. He drinks milk from nipple bottle. When he had motion problems our doctor suggested we stop using the bottle and instead try cup to feed him. We tried this method but he does not drink milk. And later when we introduce nipple bottle he drinks it quickly. How do we stop feeding through nipple bottle? Please advice.
According breast feed: I had stopped feeding my 4th month baby after 2 month. Now lactation stopped completely. Can I get back usual like breast feed as 2 month .what I have to do.
I have a baby of nine months , he is getting his teeth .As a mother what should I do make him feel relaxed. Is any medicine to be given or not?
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
Cell phones bring us close to people, but can also have a harmful effect on our health. Studies show that cell phone radiation could be one of the causes for brain cancer. However, this does not stop us from using a cell phone. Unfortunately, some people also allow their children to use cell phones, thus putting them at risk also.
Here are a few tips to reduce your child's exposure to cell phone radiation:
- Limit the use of cell phones: Adding an old school landline to your home can be used not only as a decor element, but functionally as well. When at home, route all calls of your cell phone to the landline. In addition, do not allow your children to use the cell phone as toy to play games on. If you absolutely must, give them the phone to play a game on, but first put it onto flight mode.
- Maintain distance: Start using a headset while answering calls on your cell phone. This allows you to keep a distance between the phone and your body. If children use your phone to answer calls, encourage them to do the same as well. As far as possible do not keep your phone in your pocket for long durations. If the cell phone is used as a morning alarm, ensure that it is not kept under the pillow, but on the bedside table.
- Text: Studies show that texting emits less radiation than voice calls. Make use of group messaging facilities to further reduce the amount of messages you need to send out and in turn the radiation emitted.
- Choose a good case: Some phone cases are built with materials that limit the radiation emitted by the phone. These cases allow the phone to receive signal, but restrict the outgoing radiations, thus protecting the person using the phone.
- Find good signal: Using your phone in an area with good reception will not only let you enjoy an uninterrupted call, but can also protect you against cell phone radiation. This is because radiation and signal strength have an inversely proportional relationship; the lower the signal, the higher the amount of radiation emitted.
- Ethernet cords: Today, an internet connection is a must have in every house. Along with cell phones, laptops and tablets emit radiation as well. To protect your family from this radiation use an Ethernet cord to connect to the internet instead of a wireless router.