Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sugata BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
My son is 3 years & 11 months old he always repeat what ever we say same thing repeat he always like to watch rhymes he always sings rhymes in home we generally speak Telugu and English but if we say something will not focus at all and is there any problem and required speech therapy and we feel that he is not able to understand how to answer. Please suggest anything wrong in my baby.
My baby is of 4 months now and he is having saviour cough it really pains him when ever he gets cough. I have an appointment on monday but what should I do till then?
I am having learning disability with ADD, dyslexia, dysgraphia. How can I concentrate and study for exams. I study but their comes a question that would I remember.
My daughter is 6 years & 4 months old. Her weight is only 19.7 KG. She doesn't eat anything & if we force her, she keeps food in her mouth & doesn't chew. If we give her one chapati she takes more than One hour to finish it. She also sucks her thumb till now and now she has also started biting her nails. The biggest problem is she keeps on Talking/speaking whole day & more than 50 times in a day we have to say her keep quiet but she doesn't. At home, she talks very loudly but at school, she doesn't speak any thing. In every PTM her teacher complains that she doesn't speak & if she speaks her voice is too low that no body can hear. Now day by day she is also getting Stubborn & aggressive. Can you please give me some solution for this problem or should we visit some child psychiatrist? One thing more I want to tell you that my wife is also too aggressively & stubborn. She is yelling & abusing everyone whole day. She doesn't spare me & kids also. Is my wife's behaviour impacting my kids?
My age is 11. Pulsating headaches on back side of head for last 20 days. Taking migraine medicine and painkiller but no cure. Ct scan result normal. Please advice me what I can do. Thanks.
Hello my daughter has completed 4 months the back of her head is hot regularly but when I check her temperature is normal what should I do.
My boy age 11 months frequently passing the urine. In an hour approximately 6 to 8 times. May I know the reason.
My baby is 3 month old still wakes up after 2 hours and after 4 am he wakes after half hour once I put bottle in mouth he sleeps immediately not feeding much. He his formula feed. I am very exhausted what to do. Previously he was drinking 3oz and sleeping for 3 hours now everything is disturbed.
My grandson aged 5. His kidney seed (male orgon seed) not visible. Child specialist says to operate and take out it. Another urologist says at the age of 12 or 13 it will automatically come out. He is often suffering from stomach ache. Whether both are related. Please enlightened in this regard and give your valuable suggestion.
My sister's baby got aborted at 5 month because of lethal cardiac anomaly. Baby had large vsd ,ventricular hypoplasia, pulmonary atresia, common trunk and overriding. She is fearing is it because of them (parents. Is their any factor in the parents that effects even the next baby? Will it affect in the future?
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.