Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sudipta ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am 23yrs old am suffering with throat infection from 2 months am using no. Of medicines but no use what I can do?
When ever I am travelling by flight my ear pains a lot. It almost killing me .after a day became normal. How to prevent the pain.
My uncle is suffering with a nose disease from last 17 years, 5 years ago I had done the operation and that operation worked for a year and after a year I start facing same problem and since many year I cannot smell any thing from my nose is there any homeopathic treatment for the same Await your revert.
Sir, Mujhe five month se subah uthta hoon tab gale me cough jama rehta or ab to gle jalan hoti or sine me bhi dard hota 5 ,6 doctors ko dikha chuka hu. Magar koi improvement nai hai .sir give good advice what I do. Please tell me.
Hi doctor, I have a pain between throat and chest while swallowing food and water. Last two days I am feeling this problem. Please suggest me the solution.
I am suffering whistling and sounds in my ears from last two months. Doctor said it is due to weakness of nerves due to high bp that is 140/80. Kindly suggest some remedy.
I am 22 years male and I have throat problem. I found mucus every morning also I feel blocked while eating and drinking as well. Is it related to my smoking habit somehow? Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thank you!
Some three-four days ago, while cleaning my tongue with a tongue cleaner, I got a sort of pain in my right jaw which is still continuing and has even covered back of my right ear. I even feel difficulty in swallowing food.
I have chest congestion, nose block and breathing difficulty when I get some infection or due to cold/dust allergy. Can I use "asthalin" for nebulization at home?
Sir I have been suffering from a severe cold and I used to get irritated at peaks soon after my bath everyday. I don't know what the problem is? Somebody told me that it might be" sinus" What are the symptoms of sinus and it's effects? Kindly suggest me in detail so that I will be recover from this problem. Thank you sir.
I am 51 year old and suffering lot of problems i. E. Hypertension, Sinus, Headache, Cervical, numbness on some body parts.
Dear Sir, For past one year I am suffering with throat dryness, itching and pain while swallowing upper side in the evening only. I am constantly feeling my nose clogged. I do take tablet laveta 5 mg from past 6 months. Please tell me is it safe to take the antihistamine regularly coz only this can relieve my symptoms temporarily. Please tell me what should I do to get rid of this.
Excuse me sir/madam in this season how can we over come sinus problem. Can please give me some instructions to protect yourself, thanking you sir/madam.
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.