Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sudip ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old female unmarried, ht 4.10 wt-75, my question is dat I always fyl discomfort in my vagina and urethra while doing exercise like jumping and dancing and hav a slight pain during urination done urine test bt is normal, I fyl sumtyms dat sumthng is stuck in my vagina and I hav a burning and stingy sensation in my vagina, I notice a slippery white discharge always in my vagina and sumtyms I fyl some secretion which is hot secreted by my vagina. Is this normal?
Hi doc today I have just done a urine routine test of my 3 month old baby girl and as a result everything is showing normal only I wanted to know that the rbc count in the report is showing 4-5/hpfon 30 ml of urine so is it normal or any thing to worry.
GOOD MORNING, Dr. Self Mathew. C. V. Aged 66 years, with sound health. Having glucose 130 @ fasting, colostol at border. Taking tablets for glucose every day two, one in the morning one @ night. Experienced stone problem, in Kidney.
My anus some times burns after passing stool. Burning remains when I sut on seat or bed colonoly done found healed unhealed ulcers. Also in ultra sound slight enlarged prostate is found. Also I have acute burning in my penis after ejaculation. So Dr. gave me antibiotic of 1000 mg he thought it could be std also and asked me to massage my prostate daily with finger. Now its been a month after completing the course both anus burning and penis burning started again. So please tell both the problems can be due to prostate?
During coughing and loud laughing my urin start leaking (in drops) and at times I have to use pads while going out. Pl. Advise.
My wife is suffering with pain and irritation while urinating and found blood in urine. Please lets us the reason for it and remedies.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men:
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems:
1. The need to urinate frequently during the night.
2. Urinating more often during the day.
3. Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
4. The urine stream is slow to start.
5. Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
6. A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
7. A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
8. The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
1. A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
2. Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
3. Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems:
1. Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
2. Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
3. Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
4. Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.
Why prostate gland grow larger, cause behind this. What are the precautions to be maintained before the occurrence of the disease.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Sir, I am 46 years male I do have pain in my anus & pain in the back. Please give me advise. The other which I would ask I like to masturbate. I do it in a day more than once, is it good or bad. Please advise.
Daily in the morning after passing stool I feel acute burning at my anus. Which last for half and hour. No piles found. No stomach infection. I don't take tea coffee and spicy food aswl. I have gastric acid problem for which I daily take antacid now kindly tell the reason for the burning like acid. Due to this sometimes I not able to sit comfortably. This problem was once in a month before but now it is daily burning.
A swelling rather kind of bump near anus area. Its very painful. No bleeding. What could be the reason and solution for the same.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.