Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sudip ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Dear Dr. I want to ask a question, I don't take meal at lunch only taking dinner, in between some light food I am taking, I don't have such diseases, I am 38 years, weight-42 kg, I have asthma and previously I have had kidney stone 6 mm, now I don't have any symptoms. Kindly advice me. Thanks.
Wet and somewhat burning sensation long after urination, frequent urination and weakness following it. This happens after abt every fortnight.
Good morning sir, my mother has kidney infection he has creatin level is last month 5. 2 after15 days creatin level 4. 8 now creatin level is 4. 2. Kindly suggestion any medicine in ayurveda. Where should I counsult. Please reply thanking you sir.
I have recurrent UTI problem since 7 years. I do many test like Sonography, x-ray, Ctscan, but there is no internal problem but it's repeat every year. I can't find actual reason of my problem.
Doctor I have burning micturition for 3 weeks and I went nearby Hosp for my copper t removal so I have done pap smear, hvs ,urine culture . Others are normal but result of pap smear shows inflammatory smear .what does it means.
Hello, I am 22, male had some burning sensation while urinating, I thought it was because of body heat, so I had tender coconut today morning. Now when I went to urinate I found traces of blood in urine. Burning sensation is also there, second time I found some semi solid blood in urine. What may be the problem? How to deal with it?
I have bleeding during toilet. It was happened with me before 7 years when there is a cut in my anus. It happened is summer season only. I attempted Ayurveda treatment before 2 years for piles but the next year it was some cure. But now from last 3 days it again falling continuously. I know due to cut in my internal it happen. please suggest fro treatment.
I am male aged 65 last one year it is very difficult for me to pass urine i feel pain/irritation what medicine I have to take?
Sir, I am 29 years. I have problem of frequent urination though I didn't drink much excess water. Is it any signs of any abnormalities with prostate?
I am facing problem in discharge of urine. Flow is restricted and urine comes with less pressure. Please suggest.
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
- Small stones with minimal symptoms: Drinking water: Drinking around 3 litres of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Extracorporeal Lithotripsy (ESWL): ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. More than one sessions of ESWL may be required depending upon the response. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of kidney stones is done with the help of a procedure called percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL). It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureterorenoscopy (URS): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a stones in the ureter (a tube leading from kidney to the urinary bladder). The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
- Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS): In this procedure a flexible endoscope is passed through the urethra into the ureter and the kidney. The stone is localised and is fragmented into small pieces with the help of laser. Fragments are then removed through the urethra. Usually a stent is placed after the surgery which is removed after a couple of weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.