Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudarshan Ghosh DastidarYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant of two months she is with morning sickness, vomiting, pain abdomen, do not feel eating food.
Sir I am in period. In period time my pain take a large value. I can not control my pain. I take medicine, I want to know what is the fault. My pain is not control. Few time blood comes with toilet.
As I told you am 4.5 months pregnant, I do not want to get baby, can I tke misoprostol or cytotec. Andplease tell me anything if it there. I do not want to go to clinic or hospital. Please help me, this is my life question as I don have any option.
I have PCOD (Poly cystic ovary disease. I am seeing a doctor but I don't see any improvement in my health. I have irregular periods from the beginning. What should I do?
I àm 18 n is having pcos from last 6 months but didn't took any medication for this. I have bilateral pcos earlier only my absent periods were d symptoms but now I am gaining a lot of weight. What should I do? now I get my periods but they get delayed but I am gaining weight.
Mam, when I was about 7 years old I got heavy stomach pain when I consulted doctors they said its because of appendicitis and immediate operation to be done. But after the operation they said to my parents that there was no appendicitis but one of mine ovary has been removed because it was infected. Some infection and that was swollen. Till the age of 21 i use to get regular monthly periods for about 5 days. But i am now about 25 and from past 3 years got pcod problem and after taking tablets only I get my periods. Doctor informed me to reduce my weight. My height is 5" 4. My question is this pcod problem occured because of removing one of ovary among two ovaries? r because my weight. I am about 71kgs. 5" 4 height. Age is 24 years old. please reply to my question n do me needful.
Is light bleeding along with sticky semifluid liquid is the sign of pregnancy? The bleeding was around 3 days please suggest weather it is the sign of pregnancy or not?
Hello wife ki first time mother ban ne ke sahi age ki limit kya hai? Aur kya first time sex se wo mother ban sakti hai? Aur Kis sex se mother banega yeah kaise pta chalega?
Hello Dr, I missed my period from 2 day I have pain on my stomach back and head I done pregnancy test but positive line was so much faint what its mean can I pregnant?
I am 6 month of pregnant. My doctor give me iron tablet (elredin/folinine) but I unable to eat when I eat bomoting what can I do?
I had sex with my girl friend around 3-4 months back with all protections. As she informed me tht she got her periods after 2 weeks. Now she is facing some allergy problems like dust allergy etc, now she is worried tht she might hv got pregnant. I would like to know whether this sign indicates pregnancy? She had her regular periods till now.
I am 29 years old female I have missed periods this month Since 3 days passed of my date it's hasent come yet I'm tensed tht I'm pregnant. I am already having a child and I'm not ready for another one right now. Pls can you suggest me which pill I can take and which would be safe for my health and I can get easily in chemist.
Hello. I am 24 years old. My periods have always been regular. However since last nine months my periods became scanty. Lasting 3 days instead of 5 and some spotting on 4th day. But they where always regular. However, this month I dint get my period. I went to a gynecologist who said this is pcod and the only treatment is changing life style. Absolute healthy diet. exercise and stress free life. She examined my breasts by squeezing them and checking with a stethoscope. I now noticed that Had a super healthy diet and never missed my dance and yoga I would get my period perfectly. And this month due to some work I dint have time for yoga or dance and my diet also went for a toss. The doctor also said that I am over weight by 5 kgs and it would greatly benefit me if I reduced weight. Now my question is that m I having these menstrual abnormalities becoz I dint follow a good life style for a month. Or is it due to prolactin? I read on the internet that high prolactin causes this problem and the reason for high prolactin is tumor. My doctor dint do any pro Lactin test. She is a very Gud gyneac and her diagnosis is awesome but I am worried if she missed out on checking this pro Lactin. Should I insist for a test? Or should I start my exercise and healthy diet again would it suffice? I have no other health problems. I don't smoke or drink. Not sexually active. I do feel a little dizzy but doctor said it's cuz of low bp. (110/80). Thank you.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Diagnosis: A detailed patient history, discussion on symptoms followed by ultrasound and laparoscopy can help in diagnosing endometriosis.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 30 yrs old housewife. B. P blood sugar all is normal. Me & my husband leading normal sex life. From 2 week I suffer bygenital itching specially clitoris & side of the vagina. Used terbenafine tab & below in ointment. Sudden relief but again came back.
I am a married guy. My wife always experiencing the severe pain in vagina during the sex. Please advice.
Ayurvedic tips are on the idea of balance in bodily systems uses diet, herbs, ayurvedic treatment yogic breathing practices providing holistic approach to balancing the hormones simple technics allow balancing of the hormones reclaiming health.
1) if your hormones are disturbed, you need to get enough sleep. This is because limited sleep is connected to hormonal imbalance related disorders.
2) pranayam stimulates pituitary gland its secretions.
3) ayurvedic medicines not only helps to decrease the stress hormones, aids in reliving psycho- somatic dispairty & also aids the body to function more effectively.
4) every diet should include antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, nuts seeds as these help to strengthen the endocrine system also terminate the effects of free radicals in the body.
5) consumption of organic food with plenty of water is essential is highly helpful in preventing hormonal imbalance.
6) herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, turmeric, ginseng, Etc. Helps in balancing both male and female hormones. Shatavari most important restorative regenerative tonic herbs for women.
7) regular practice of pranayam helps to stimulate the vital hormonal secretions throughout the endocrine system, thereby balancing all vital functions, including sexual potency fertility.