Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sucharita Pal ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
I am a 18 years old guy. I have a series amnesia problem. I didn't used to have this before. I forget every single thing I try to remember. I don't even know the day today, even after being reminded a 100 times. Can you please suggest some good remedy for this amnesia? Because a guy at 18 is not expected to have such a problem. Thank you.
I am a depression patient since 6 years. Medicine taken tab. Fristo plus and sos epitril Md 0.5 mg. I do not consult to any doctor last 4 years and at present highly depression. Not sleeping quietly and not quite from mentally. Suggest any medicine or direction pl. Pl. Thanks.
Sir I am facing problems of memory loss and concentration lacking. This is due to side effects of allopathy antidepressant orange 5 mg medicine that I was taking for last 8 years. Now I am not taking. I have been advised to take ginkgo biloba 1x. It is improving my symptoms. Sir I want to know if I leave this medicine after 1 month then will I get the above problems back or not? For maintaining normal memory and concentration, how long I have to take this medicine? please reply me by homeopathic expert only.
I am 26 years old married girl. Don't want to live with husband family any more because of my mother in law attitude every time I think of her and I feel low and stressed. She always interfere in our marital life and a super dominating lady so suggest me my motivation is low and I am different person after marriage and I am not liking myself. Please advise.
Generally few days before exams & during exam days I face lot of anxiety and that is generally encountered by medicine name zoffer. The same was prescribed by Md Dr. How can I avoid medicine.
Hi my son is suffering from schizophrenia. He is unable to work. He is on pschycharitic medicines for four years. He sleeps during the day and awakens during night. Please advise. He is 25 years old.
I am 46 year old I am unable to forget my first love , she doesn't speak to me , she is in what's app in our group once in a wil she message, I am I confuse stage what should I do now?
My marriage is against my wish. He tempered our family members to marry with him. After marriage he not behaves well with me. He want to make a pressure on me. Mentally I am so depressed. I also leaved my job for my 2yrs baby. And singly handling all my baby need. Now I am very depressed and also loose my confidence. I want to do something myself for earning but no support and also have no time. What can I do. My depression also effects in my health. Loosing weight. Please, help me.
My daughter got married in February 2015 and staying with husband in US. Strangely she is staying and behaving the way she used to do. She is not taking care of husband's minimum on time and doing things casually and slowly without even realizing it is causing pain and inconvenience to husband. To any advice on this, she responds that she is already doing, why any advice. Not realizing and anticipating the daily chores and doing things normally and slowly causing lot of stress to her husband (which he does not deserve especially since he is an extremely nice and adjustable person). Her in laws feel sad for their son and we (parents) feel guilty. With this background, I have following questions to ask 1. How this behavior is described 2. Are there any medicines for this 3. Whether consulting psychiatrist would help.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
I am 23 years old male, I admire a girl so much I want her to be my sister because I believe her influence can change my life, the problem is I can't tell her because I fear she might refuse, and I am also afraid to approach her often because she might think I'm sticky, and she doesn't respond to such people and I'm already getting this signal of her ignoring me, because whenever I ask her anything (on Facebook) it takes her more than 24 hrs to reply, she never did this with anyone else. This thing is making me sad.
Sometimes I think I can do anything but I sometimes I can't do any thing how to control my self confidence to achieve my goals.
I am married but now we are separated from each other. We filed divorce in June 2016 but now I have fear of divorce n I am very depressed. I couldn't even understand what to do in future please help me.
Nowadays fetish things are coming into my mind. Can't able to concentrate in studies. Wat to do for that?
Delusional disorder refers to the condition in which an individual experiences non-bizarre delusions that are beliefs in things that aren't actually true. The delusions involve situations that take place in real life like being deceived or stalked, conspired against, etc but in actuality, these situations may be highly exaggerated or not true at all as they involve the misinterpretation of experiences or observations. This health problem tends to take place during the middle or later part of your life and is said to affect women more than men.
What are the symptoms associated with this condition?
There are certain signs that you can look out for to easily identify this condition and there are:
- Delusional thoughts lasting one month and above
- Lack of schizophrenia symptoms except delusions associated with the olfactory and tactile systems
- One's behavior and normal functioning doesn't witness any kind of impairment
- Duration of mood symptoms is short compared to the length of the delusions
- Disorder is not brought on by the use of substances or any medical condition
- Commencement of the disorder can vary from teenage years to later part of adulthood
What causes it to happen?
The root cause of the disorder is still not known, but experts are of the opinion that a variety of biological, genetic, environmental and psychological factors can cause it to occur.
Some of these causes include:
- Genetics: It's said that this disorder can be passed on from parents to children. Additionally, it's more common in individuals whose family members suffer from schizophrenia or one of its types.
- Psychological/ environmental: In addition to drug and alcohol abuse, delusional disorder can also be set off by stress.
- Biological: Abnormalities in certain parts of the brain can lead to this problem. Areas of brain associated with thinking and perception have been found to be connected to delusional symptoms.