Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sucharita BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I got an rct done for lower tooth 7 right side. I got a crown. Now x ray shows gap between crown and last wisdom tooth and I am getting views that I have to remove the wisdom tooth and redo the crown for 7. There is no other way is it?
I am 28 yrs old (female). My front teeth are not symmetric. Can I use braces now. How much time will it take for correction?
MY 4.5 YEAR CHILE HAVING Tooth Ache (PAIN) DUE TO CAVITY, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO OVERCOME ON THIS PROBLEM WITHOUT REMOVING TEETH. OR IT IS GOOD TO REMOVE TOOTH IN THIS AGE.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.
Nowadays, bleeding gums is a very common problem. Many people complain of bleeding during brushing and sometimes it is without brushing. If you want a solution to this problem then first we have to work on the problem. The common cause of poor gums is food debris or plaque accumulation on the teeth. This plaque if not removed through regular brushing and dental appointments, will harden into what is known as Tartar. ultimately, this will end into inflamed gums which are prone to bleeding.
The other causes for bleeding gums consist of -
Brushing too hard
Scurvy ( vitamin C deficiency)
Vitamin K deficiency
Hormonal changes during pregnancy
Use of blood thinners
Healthy tips for it:
Brush twice in a day
Rinse your mouth after every snack
Use soft bristle toothbrush and avoid excessive force during brushing
Use proper technique for dental flossing
Go for regular dental check up to avoid future complications