Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subroto ChakrabarttyYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 months old and being both breast fed and bottle fed with formula milk. She is passing loose stools twice a day. Please suggest any syrup for proper digestion.
My daughter 3 years and 9 months. She was suffering from cold and cough. Especially at nights. We made all tests and doctor says some asthmatic related problem and giving antibiotics, and we are using them from 2 years. She has not recovered. Even heart related check up also done. Doctor says while she grows she will recover, as she has nothing wrong in her health. But the cold and cough were suffering her lot, especially at nights. What we have to do.
My child has taken expired cerelac by mistake. Due to this he is suffering lose motion. Kindly suggest me what can be done now?
My daughter is 3year 10 months old. In her left eye there is a clout from 2 months. Doctor said it puss. How it can be treated?
I have 4 months boy baby and looking after him alone. Is oil bath in alternative days good for him? What are the tips to look after his health?
Dear Sir - My baby is seven month old she has VSD (Ventricular Septal defect),from last wo month day by day her postion is getting bad, Could you help us Regards
Hello there my daughter is 3 years old and is vomiting as soon as she eats something. Its been 3 days now I am based in the uk. What should I do. To stop her vomits and is there anything to worry about.
I have baby on Jan 1, his age is 2 & half months. After delivery I have my periods on Feb 14. In this month till I don't have periods. Am also having thyroid and pcod. Now am also feeding my baby. How I can regulate my periods.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
My child of 4 yrs have repeated c/o headache. At the age of 1 & 1/2 yrs, he suffered from a 3 inch wound due to hitting of a swing. No symptoms of vomitting like thenafter, but nowa days he recurrantly c/o headache. Please guide me for that.
My daughter is 9 month old. She doesn't crawl at this point. Is she responding late in crawling or is it there any problem in her legs?
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My son (19 months) does vomit every almost 10th day. Yesterday night same happened. He did vomit whole night, like 7-8 times in a night, around every 1.5 hour. He took milk around 5 am and he vomited in just 5 min, then in morning he just a sip of water and he vomited same, after 1 hour he is having fever and cranky. He is not eating anything. Doc always give some powder to increase bacteria in stomach which digest food. What to do? No clue for why it happens and when it will stop.
My son got dry skin, situation aggrieved by change of season, will consumption of Aloe Vera juice will help in skin moisturizing.
I have two children, one 8 years girl and another 4 years boy. please suggest me some health drinks for them.
Kids have a mind of their own when it comes to food. The unhealthier it is, the more they tend to like it. Most taste driven or sweet foods are harmful for your child’s oral hygiene. However not all foods that your children like to eat are as bad for their oral health, some even help strengthen their teeth.
Here are 4 foods that your children can have for healthy teeth and gums.
1) Sugarless Gum - It helps loosen plaque and increase the number of natural antibodies in the mouth. It also keeps the gums hydrated. While too much of anything is not good, these gums are good once in a while.
2) Crispy Vegetables - These might not be popular with children but can be made yummy with interesting dips to go with them. Raw carrots, celery, cauliflower, and green beans are chewing foods which clean the child's teeth and gums.
3) Natural Sugar - Sugar from milk, yoghurt and cheese are rich in vitamin D, phosphate and calcium. When consumed, they raise the pH level of the mouth which lowers the level of acids, hence reducing risk of tooth decay.
4) Vitamin C Rich Foods - Fruits like oranges, kiwis, strawberries, papayas and limes help kill bacteria that can cause gingivitis. They also aid a good supply of collagen in the child's gums. However, parents need to remember that one can eat citrus foods only after thirty minutes from brushing their teeth. This is because the citric acid in these foods can weaken the tooth enamel temporarily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.