Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Subrata GuhathakurtaYour feedback matters!
Yesterday night I rubbed my eyes thinking something felled on it. Today morning it had swelled too much? What should I do?
I have shortsighted vision of power -7.0 and -6.5 and planning to undergo surgery. Based on the tests conducted the surgeon claimed since the corneal thickness is less I have to undergo ICL surgery instead of LASIK. Also, I was given an option of IPCL as well which is similar to ICL but the lens is India made also there is a quite price variance in both of the above. I'm in dilemma to choose among the two ICL or IPCL? Please suggest.
Hello Doctor, I wear spectacle but because wearing turban I bought lenses today I tried to apply them on my eyes one was successfully done and when I applied another I felt blurry so I tried to remove But on right side I am confused, that my lenses took out or not? I did not find anywhere I tried to take it out from eye. M confused Please tell me if this would b in my eye how can I remove it? Will it create problem. I'M VERY SCARED PLEASE SUGGEST ME.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Main Dr Rajeev Gupta ek eye surgeon hu. Meri clinic, Om Eye Centre, jo ki Vasishali, Ghaziabad me siddh hai. Aaj me apko Cataract Surgery k baare me batana chahunga.
Cataract, jise hum motiyabind bhi kehte h, ankho ki wo beemari hai jisme aankho k lense ki transparency dheere dheere kam hone lagti hai aur isse ankho ki roshni kaafi kam hojati hai. Iska ilaaj cataract surgery he hai. Isme koi dawaiya kaam nahi karti hai. Cataract surgery me ankho k defective lens ko nikal kar artificial lens laga dia jata hai, jisse hume fir se dikhna shuru hojata hai. Aaj kal cataract surgery ki latest technique ka naam Phacoemulsification hai. Isme hume ek chote se cheere se phacoe probe ko ankh k ander dala jata hai. Ye motiye k, yani cataract k defected lens k chote chote pieces ko pighla k bahar nikal deta hai. Aur fir usi cheere se artificial lens ankho k ander laga diya jata hai.
Jo lens ankho ke ander lagaya jata hai, use hum mukhya roop se 2 tarah se divide kia ja sakta h;
- Unifocal lens
- Multifocal lens
Unifocal Lens: Jese ki naam se pata lagta hai, unifocal lens ek point pe focus banata hai. Suppose, agar humara lens door k object pe focus bana raha hai to nazdeeki cheez saaf nazar nahi aegi. Aur agar pass ki object pe focus bana raha hai to door ki cheezein saaf nazar nahi aegi. Islie is lens ke sath hume chashma lagana he padega, jo ki hume patients ko pass ki nazar ka chashma lagana he padta hai saaf dekhne ke lie.
Multifocal Lens: Multifocal lens 2-3 jagah pe focus bana sakta hai. Aur iski madad se hume nazdeek or door, dono theek se dikhai de sakta hai. Lekin Multifocal lens has some disadvantages over Unifocal lens. like;
- Multifocal lens me hume image ka contrast kam milega in comparitive to Unifocal lens.
- Multifocal lens me Glare and Halos dikhai dene ke zada chances hote hai
Konse patients ko Unifocal lens chahie or konse patient ko multifocal lens chaie, ye patients khud decide kar sakte h, according to their choice and work. Jin patents pe operation se pehle he cylindrical number zada hota hai, un patients ko focus banane k lie aise lens ki zarurat hoti hai jinme cylindrical power ho. Aise lens ko hum Toric lens bhi kehte hai.
Yani ki aise patients k liye, Unifocal toric lens ya fir Multifocal toric lens he zada acche maane jate hai jinko ki wo choose kar sakte hai.
Cataract surgery k results aj ki tareek me bohot acche hai. Lekin ultimate visual gain after cataract after the sugery depends on the condition of the eyes before sugery and how the surgery works on the patients.
My dad is suffering from glaucoma his iop is very high now the doctor told to do a cyclocryotheraphy and doctor told only iop lol be cured no vision will be there his left eye is total damaged the nerve he can't see what to do can is it possible if a donate give an eye he can able to see please sir help me I am very confused.
My eyes sight is very week. Nd I am nt able to see long distance things properly. Can walking on grass help me to improve eye sight?
Glaucoma is a disease that damages your eye's optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of your eye. That extra fluid increases the pressure in your eye, damaging the optic nerve.Glaucoma is the second largest cause of eye blindness in the world.
There are several types of Glaucoma:
- Open-angle Glaucoma
- Normal-tension Glaucoma
- Angle-closure Glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Secondary Glaucoma
- Glaucoma suspect
How will you know that you are suffering from Glaucoma?
Only half the people with glaucoma are aware that they are suffering from this condition. When Glaucoma develops, there are usually no early symptoms. This is why glaucoma can 'steal' sight gradually.
- In its early stages, open-angle Glaucoma has no obvious symptoms. As the disease progresses more blind spots develop in the peripheral (side) view.
- An attack of angle-closure Glaucoma includes the following:
- Severe pain in the eye or forehead
- Redness of the eye
- Decreased vision or blurred vision
- Vision rainbows or halos
If you get any of the symptoms rush to your doctor and take an eye exam as soon as possible.
- Eye injury
- Inflammation of the eye
- Dilating eye drops
- Blocked or restricted drainage in your eye
- Use of steroid-containing medications (pills, eye drops, sprays)
- Poor or reduced blood flow to your optic nerve
- High or elevated blood pressure
Who is at Risk for Glaucoma?
People with more risk of developing Glaucoma include people who:
- Are over age 40
- Have family members with glaucoma
- Have high eye pressure
- Are farsighted or nearsighted
- Have had an eye injury
- Have diabetes, migraines, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation or other health problems affecting the whole body.
Hy. I m rajdeep singh I have a question that all the I suffer from cold. Sometimes water comes from my eyes even I m sitting at home.
I have some eye sight I preferred many medicines But I want to cure my sight. So that I can be without specs. Please Say some Answer.
Headaches are common among working people as accumulated stress results in headaches and tiredness. Among the many different causes, strain on the eyes is one of the leading reasons for that annoying headache.
Taking an eye exam is recommended in case you are having headaches. The issues may not always be related to the eyes, but still a thorough eye check up is recommended. Strain in the eye is caused when small muscles present in the eye have to put in more effort than usual. Symptoms include aching, tired eyes with blurred vision and accompanying headaches. Such headaches are caused because of the following reasons:
Astigmatism: The cornea is in abnormal shape and causes people to squint when they want to focus, and this leads to bad headaches.
Hyperopia: This disorder is also called farsightedness. In case of this disorder, the images are focused by the eye behind the retina, and causes blurred vision and strain upon the eyes. Headaches occur as a result.
Presbyopia: This kind of problem occurs when the lens hardens and becomes inflexible with old age. This makes it hard for a person to focus and causes sore eyes along with headaches.
All disorders or conditions of the eyes can be rectified with the use of prescribed spectacles and contact lenses. For people already having glasses, regular eye check up should be carried out. Your power may increase which you are unlikely to notice, so regular check ups are vital.
Other causes: Headaches related to eye strain and eye problem can also develop from other causes. They are:
- Glaucoma, an eye disease also causes headaches. This disease is characterized by the development of a fluid in the eyes, which in turn causes the internal eye pressure to shoot up. This pressure fluctuation can lead to headaches in many cases of glaucoma.
- Cataract affected people suffer from headaches as well. Cataracts develop in individuals due to ageing. The lens becomes cloudy, and the vision gets blurred and slowly diminishes. The eye has to give more effort resulting in eye strain and accompanying headaches.
Prevention: In case you are having headaches, and you are not being able to find out the reason behind it, you should have an eye check up. Eyes are very sensitive and added strain to them causes headaches. People who use computers for long hours are affected by headaches due to eye strain. The best prevention is to have an eye examination and switch to glasses or lenses if required.
Headaches are of various kinds and arise from different factors, but eye strain is known to cause a lot of headaches in people who do eye stress involving activities.
Of your five senses, which one are you most afraid of losing? If you're like most people, your answer is your ability to see. Because our eyesight is so precious, it's no wonder that myths abound about what can damage our eyes ? and what can protect them. Here, we debunk five common myths ? and tell you how to truly keep your eyes healthy.
Myth: Doing eye exercises will delay the need for glasses.
Fact: Eye exercises will not improve or preserve vision or reduce the need for glasses. Your vision depends on many factors, including the shape of your eyeball and the health of the eye tissues, neither of which can be significantly altered with eye exercises.