Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subrata ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
Sir I had sex during my last day of periods Date 20 january. And till I doesn't get my periods can I pregnent if yes so please tell.Me the abortion tablet for one.Month baby in my uterus?
Hi. We are newly married and planned honeymoon on 14 july 2016. My periods date was 17 july, so I took medicines by consulting local doctor to postpone my periods till 23 july. On 24 july I had my periods. We had sex without condom after that many times but he ejaculated evry time outside. We are worried if I am pregnant as I have not got my periods yet for this month. Please guide us. Thanks.
I have taken ipill on 28th of March and my menses were scheduled on 10th of april which is delayed for 16days as of know. I took home pregnancy test on 18th which was a week later after the missed periods. It was negative and today I again repeated the test with early morning pee. After two weeks delay. Again negative. Please advice the reason for missed periods and is the test reliable as I have tested twice after one week delay of period and repeated after another week. Please advice. Thank you!
Dear doctors, which dates are safe for sex without using any contraception when the dates of period is 13-15th per month? please clearly mention the dates and if there are any chance of pregnancy.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.
I took I pill on 4th day of my periods, after taking this medicine, 5 days letter I get some bleeding, and its heavy and painful, and it's been running 3 days today, is it periods? What should do right now? I'm really worried about it, please help.
Hello doctor, I have 65 days old kid. Everyday I make him to sleep around 10 PM - 11 pm and I feed him during that time. After that next I feed him around 5 am. He never wakes up in between. Is this correct or do I have to wake him up and feed him in between. In day time I feed frequently when ever he needs it.(more than 7,8 times)
How can I reduce my tummy which is increased after my first delivery of child. I am worried about my airy tummy.
Hi, I am 24 year years old. Married since 11 months. 10 months back I came to know that I have a thyroid (Hyperthyroidism) problem so I am having tablet Thyrox-50 daily and it is in control. And my periods are also irregular. 3 months I took the treatment to regularize that periods by having birth control pills (Yasmeen tablet 21 tablet. After stopping the treatment I got my periods after 40 days. Again after 20 days days I got one more time. Now also the process is in same sequence like 40 and 20. From past 7 months we are trying for pregnancy still I don't conceive. Kindly tell me any suggestions for me to conceive. Because My husband doesn't know about my irregular periods and thyroid problem. I did the scanning also my uterus is clean and my ovaries are in correct size only. And I am having Iron (hb-10.5) and folic acid tablet also. Kindly suggest any treatment for me to become pregnant as soon as possible. Kindly reply me soon.
Frozen yoghurt is a healthy food that is free of fat and contains good amount of protein. Yoghurt is rich in various nutrients such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium and zinc which are all essential for the body. Enriched milk, if used in making yoghurt, imparts the very essential Vitamin D and A to the yoghurt.
Probiotics: Frozen yoghurt is rich in probiotics which are very beneficial for the digestive system, as they aid your digestive function and also good for you if you suffer from lactose intolerance. It also aids in reducing symptoms of IBS and other inflammatory diseases. It is also good for your cardiovascular health as it converts fiber into good fats that help maintain cholesterol levels in the body.
Add fruits: Yoghurt basically is a milk derivative that is formed when lactic acid bacteria is added to milk. This bacteria helps in coagulating the milk protein and thus causes the milk to thicken. You may also add various fruits to your frozen yoghurt for nutrition. Some fruits that you may add are:
- Chopped apples: Apples contain antioxidants and flavonoids in large amounts which reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. It has also been proven to reduce the symptoms of dementia and improve neurological health.
- Strawberries: This fruit is rich in folate, potassium and other nutrients that boost your immune system and help to maintain optimal blood pressure. Strawberries also help in reducing premature signs of ageing.
- Bananas: Bananas are rich in potassium that helps improving heart function and aid in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body. They also help you in gaining weight as they are rich in carbohydrates. Vitamin A present in bananas aids in improving your vision.
- Cherries: You may add cherries to your frozen yoghurt to add to the flavor. They are also rich in anthocyanin which is a strong antioxidant. They also help in preventing cancer as they contain carotenoids and vitamin C.
- Grapes: Adding grapes to frozen yoghurt not only adds taste but also nutrients which assist in preventing cancer. They contain quercetin that assists in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels in the body.