Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Subir DeyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had some joint pains few days ago. So doctor advised me to test blood calcium uric acid and vitamin d 25_oh. The levels are 9. 8 mg/dl, 5. 5 mg/dl and 11. 6 ng/ml. What could be the reason for such deficiency of vitamin d. I take healthy diet and have a active lifestyle. Do I need some more investigation before starting vit d supplement.
Sir I have pain in my elbows. I searched about it on internet and I got to a problem named tennis elbow. My symptoms are same as written about tennis elbow. Please suggest me about remedies for this. I have this pain since december 2014. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.
Hi doctor now a days I can't sit straight, when I am trying to sit straight, getting back pain otherwise no pain. What is the problem. Please give me solution.
I have left the alcohol from past 9 months but I have pain in my back is it due to lack of calcium and vitamin d in my body. What should I do know.
I have the back pain and I am 25 years old I have it since last 4 to 5 years And I have made the xray also all things are proper but the pain is there.
I have a lot of lower back pain and also neck pain .I have taken physiotherapy treatment for almost 2 months but doesn't seem to go away. I don't want to do drugs on regular basis. I also walk for 45 minutes daily but do to fast walking my toes also get a numb feeling. Swimming makes my neck pain ,I am confused about what to do or no. Please advice.
I am having a very severe pain in my back. Also having some type of marks on my shoulder and on upper left side.
LOW BACK PAIN IN ATHLETES
- After twenty one years of practice, I have come to the conclusion that low back problems occurring in athletes require more than the usual amount of attention. The symptoms of low back pain occurring in athletes can often behave in an extremely mystifying and confusing fashion. A combination of several factors add to this confusion.
- First, athletes are highly motivated to participate in their treatment and sometimes carry to excess the advice given to the min an attempt to speed recovery.
- This over exuberant participation in the rehabilitation of their back problem very often delays rather than accelerates the healing process. A second point to be noted is that the athlete's or sportsman's enthusiasm to participate in their favorite pastime or sport leads them to return to full participation, often long before sufficient time has passed to allow for complete healing.
- The third and certainly the most common source of confusion can stern from the frequent belief of athletes that the sole cause of their problem lies in their frequent participation in a particular sporting activity. Subsequently, this belief is reinforced by a health provider who all too often comes to the same conclusion. It is not difficult to reach this conclusion, for probably three out of five athletes who experience low back pain state that their pain appears after they have participated in sport or indulged in some equally vigorous activity.
- The belief that pain appearing shortly after activity must be caused by the activity itself is widespread and understandable but unfortunately frequently mistaken.
- The true cause of pain in these individuals is frequently the adoption of a slouched position following the thorough exercising of their joints . After exertion we usually sit down and relax:as we are tired, the relaxed sitting posture is adopted almost immediately. In other words, after vigorous exercising we collapse in a heap and slouch badly. Joints of the spine during the process of vigorous exercise are moved rapidly in many directions over an extended period of time.
- This process causes a thorough stretching in all directions of the soft tissues surrounding the joints. In addition, the fluid gel content of the spinal discs is loosened, and it seems that distortion or displacement can occur if an exercised joint is subsequently placed in an extreme posture.
This is so often the cause of back pain in athletes and can be proven rather easily.
- If low back pain has in fact occurred as a result of participation in a sport, then recommending rest from activity would be appropriate advice. However, if the pain has appeared after the activity has been completed and has occurred as a result of adopting a slouched sitting posture, such advice would be entirely inappropriate.
- To advise an athlete to cease participation in his favourite pastime can have serious consequences, both emotional and physical .
- If you are an athlete, or if you participate in vigorous activity sand have recently developed low back pain, it is necessary to expose the true cause of this problem in order to treat your condition correctly and successfully: we must determine whether your pain appeared during the particular activity or whether it developed afterward.
- If the pain appeared during the activity itself, then your sport may well be the cause of the present problems.
- You may remember something which happened at the time of the activity and can describe what you felt at that moment. But a very large number of people who have back pain and participate in a sport never feel discomfort or pain while they are participating or competing; their pain appears after the activity.It is easy to determine if your low back problems are the result of slouched sitting.
- From now on,immediately after activity you should watch your posture closely and sit correctly with the low back in moderate lordosis supported by a lumbar roll For example, if you have completed a few sets of tennis, if you have finished a round of golf, or competed in a football game,you must not then sink into a comfortable lounge chair or slouch in the car when you drive home.
- You must sit correctly with posture maintained meticulously Should no pain eventuate as a result of this extra postural care, the answer to your problem is clear and the responsibility for preventing further trouble is entirely your own.
- If you fall into the group of people who develop pain only after activity, it is undesirable for you to begin the exercises at the same time as commencing the postural correction. If the exercises are performed in conjunction with postural correction, it is impossible to determine from which source the improvement was derived. If your pain continues to appear after activity in spite of correcting your posture, it is possible that you have weakened or damaged some of the soft tissues in your low back.
- Poor posture is often seen in athletes during intervals of non participation: for example when waiting their tum to high jump,throw the discus or bat at baseball. It is necessary to maintain good posture during these intervals as well as after completion of the activity.
I have a swelling in my leg muscles which I got while playing. please suggest me a pain relief for it ?
My right hand joint has very pain in night times. In that time I apply (move) it will be lightly relif. How to reduce that one.
I am Dr Hardik Ghundiyal, practising orthopaedics surgeon since 7 years in Bombay. I am mainly into minimal Invasive Joint replacement surgeries.
Knee Replacement surgeries have been done all over the globe since last 30 years. And they have been very successful. In the past, if the patients had arthritis, we could only give them pain killers. But as if now when a patient comes with knee stiffness, pain, deformity, we can provide them with the total knee replacement. We always give a non-surgical conservative approach to the patient when the patient comes with arthritis. If that fails and they are not relieved from the pain, then we give them the option of total knee replacement. About 5,000,00 total knee replacement is being done all over the globe every year. Most of the people who have experienced knee replacement they think that they could have done it before because the pain relief is so good.
When we do a total knee replacement, we do not cut 2 inches or 3 inches of bone from the thigh, instead, we do re-surfacing of the knee. In the normal knee, there are smooth surfaces on the both sides which glide easily when the movement of the knees are done. But in the arthritic knee, the surface is pitted and get rough because of which the pain is there when they glide on each other.
In the total knee replacement surgery, we change the rougher surface into a smooth gliding prosthetic material so that they glide on each other without any pain and patient get pain free movements. The material has been improved drastically from last 15-20 years. The process however remains the same but the plastics, the poly ethylene which is used in between the metal surfaces have been improved drastically by durability as well as the strength. The research has improved the longevity and the prosthesis.
During surgery, we use a muscle sparing approach, that means we do not cut-open muscles while doing the surgery. The patient is mobile as early as possible. The patient is able to stand and walk up on the same day of the surgery. If a patient is comfortable, we make them able to walk also. Hence the hospital stay is reduced and it is minimized to 2-3 days only.
The recovery of the patients depends on how active was the patient pre-operative. Some patients need a walker, walking aid, some patients are mobile without any support. Most of the times, you can get back an activity within month time a surgery.
For more information, you can contact me through lybrate.com.