Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subir BiswasYour feedback matters!
Doctor ji, does any diseases spread to partner wile kissing each other through saliva when exchanges?
I am 22 years of old and I was use to smoke before and then I quit and some day before I smoked once and getting pain in my mouth near oesophagous. When I open my mouth it pains me. What should I do?
I am feeling like vomiting n sometimes vomit too. Wen I get nervous or get stressed or get extremely happy or extremely sad I feel like vomiting. Before giving presentation I also feel d same. How to stop it? Dis fear z stopping me to participate in any competition. please help me sir or mam.
I am getting severe headache while studying through I do not have any problem. What should I do now.
mother is suffering from ckd stage 5 and cellulitus on legs she is a diabetic can it be treated as she is not yet on dialysis
I masturbate daily is that okay I ejaculate faster when I do that I get tired and my penis becomes small how do I reduce my masturbation habit.
My mom is 60yrs she affected by piles/haemorrhaids (internal) deaces. Very pain when bowel movement. No bleeding. Not movement due to pain. Kindly help me.
I have a sexual problem like early falling during sexual discourse, I newly got married. So please advise me.
I am diabetic and feel that the earth is moving or you may call it chakkar aana when I travel in lift in malls or climb any temple at height. Sometimes the situation is so pathetic that I have to come down fast and take deep breath till it becomes normal. Please help.
I have sinusitis problem from last four years. Can you please advise if this can be cured forever? I don't smoke and drink and neither work in any area where dust or smoke is found.
Do penis enlargement oils really increase works? If it does what kind of product should I use. Want a product that gives maximum results. Name of the product.
Doctor, last week I went to amusement park and played in water so I get fever and throat pain after a day a small lump occurs in neck .the lump is painful for two days but now little pain only but the lump is not reduce in size .i am worried please help me. Llthe lump is there for four days.
Exposure to the sun for a long period of time can result in several skin problems. They occur on the basis of heat, humidity and the rays of the sun. Here are the most common skin problems caused due to sun exposure:
- Sunburn: Sunburns occur as a result of overexposure of the skin to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. Melanin in the skin protects it from the sun’s rays, but in case of overexposure, melanin fails to work and sunburn is caused. The symptoms of sunburn include the skin turning red, burning in the affected areas, skin tightness and a sensation of itching. Severe symptoms are blisters, chills, fever and fatigue.
- Age spots: Age spots are caused due to overexposure to the sun. They are brown marks, which appear on the surface of the skin, especially in the arms, hands and other body parts. Age spots get more prevalent with ageing. Symptoms of this condition include brown and gray pigmentation on the skin surface. The pigmentation occurs in a circular shape and is flat on the skin.
- Photosensitivity: This condition is also known as sun allergy. People with photosensitivity are likely to get burned from sun exposure very easily, and symptoms of sunburn are observed. Symptoms include red and pink skin rashes accompanied by itching and burning. The area gets scaly and blistered.
- Moles: Moles occur commonly due to sun exposure. They may appear on any part of the body. Moles may vary from being harmless to cancerous. Common symptoms include raised skin and the skin tone changing into reddish brown or black. Moles are round in shape, and some moles are painful.
- Solar elastosis: This condition is commonly known wrinkles and occurs when the elastic tissues of the skin get deteriorated due to sun exposure. The skin turns limp on account of no strength of the tissues and collagen. Wrinkles appear, and the skin seems loose and sagging. Deep lines are formed on the skin.
- Skin cancer: Skin cancer accounts for being the most severe and fatal result of prolonged exposure to the sun without any kind of protection. There are many forms of skin cancer. The most primary skin cancers include Melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Polymorphous light eruption: This condition, known as PMLE in short, affects women between the age group of twenty to forty. It also occurs in light sensitive people who spend more time under the sun. Symptoms include a red or pink, bumpy rash and raised areas on the skin surface. Itchiness and dry patches are indicated.
A large number of skin problems occur due to long hours of sun exposure. Some of these are chronic problems, which require proper treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.