Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhrajit LahiriYour feedback matters!
My daughter has very high fever, above 102 degrees, more for more than 48 hrs. Have given her crocin syrup 4 times in a day, also done Patti on forehead, but fever is not coming down. What disease could it be. Also need to show someone in Sohna road Gurgaon - pls suggest.
Hello, my daughter is 3 years old. She has cold, cough and bronchitis. Whenever she get cold and cough that can't cure easily. We give such medicine that will b cure for 3 to 5 days and again that continue for 2 to 3 months. So please advice proper medication to cure .
6 months baby girl swallowed 0.9cm diameter gold coin. What would happen and what should be further steps.
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight
My daughter 2 months old premature baby. At the time of born her weight was 1kilo 350 grams. Now her weight is 2 kilo 850 grams. I noticed that her weight is not gaining properly. My pediatrician recommend Nestle prenan powder, Rap grow and MCT oil drops for weight gain.
You can continue breast feeding till 2 yr of age but after 6 month of age you can add supplementary food in addition to breast milk..
1) rice water. Dal water
3) fresh fruit juices
4) fresh vegetable soup
5)pasteurized top milk
Consistency of above mention food should be liquid initially and then gradually switch over to semi solids as age advances..
Give with spoon & bowel..
Bottle feeding must be stopped..
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Hi Doctor, my 3 n half year old Daughter is suffering from acute throat problem, Gavin fever as well as cold n Cough as well, I don't know the terminology of the problem what is she going through but, last night she couldn't sleep just because of she throat, she is not able. To speak.
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
My son is 7 months now but he doesn't drink his mothers milk instead drinks cows milk but whenever we try to feed him some other things he vomits all the food along with the milk which he drank few hours before. He is very weak now and growth is also not proper.
My 15 month old baby weight only 7 kg. At the time of her birth her weight was 2.5 kg. Pls help me out how to increase her weight. Is she normal. She is active.
I have 3 month baby, he doesn't sleep properly at night. I am preparing for competitive xams and for that I have to study at night but the baby doesn't allows me to concentrate fully even for 2-3 hrs. Is there any way I can make him sleep strongly for 2-3 hours so I can study by that time.
I want paediatrician to answer this question, can I take Tab garcinia two tabs in a day one before lunch and dinner with my pattern of life, I am breastfeeding my baby who is 1.5 yrs, I feed him only 2 times in 24 hrs. I want to reduce 10 kg weight.
Hello sir/madam my baby is 3 years old he have some problem with his milk teeths upper front four teeth haven't grown properly. Tell me what sould I do?
Hi, my son is 1 year and 1 month. Till 1 year he had food with out any problem. But last 10days he refused to eat some types of food like rice. He s earing rava upma and wheat bread in a good amount. What food I can give it to him. Is it good to eat wheat breads. I m still feeding my milk during night.
My son age is 4 years old he does not take meal and not interested in any food someone given me advice to use ayurvedic medicine charak" mallon" is this better for his health.
My baby 11 months old & still weight is 6 kgs only can any one please suggest for weight gain Present baby eating below foods: rice with Dal & rice with tamarind Bread in morning & mother milk feeding only Out side milk was not drink.
How to overcome chronic ITP, hypothyroidism and recently detected fibroids/cysts to enter into marital life and become pregnant at the age of 41?
Few things in life take longer than habits to be inculcated and eventually to die out. Every parent tries in his or her way to teach the child certain healthy habits, those that they wish would be followed long enough to be internalized by them. Certain healthy habits that every child should follow are:
- Include a lot of vegetables in the diet: There is an array of vegetables available in the market, which is replete with rich nutritional values. Though children are generally averse to the idea of eating vegetables, it is your duty to inculcate in them the habit of eating vegetables and constantly remind them of their rich nutritional benefits.
- Never skip breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is often the most ignored. Most children have the propensity to skip breakfast if they are late and generally they are seldom reprimanded by their parents. As a parent, you must make it a point not to take this lightly and severely insist on a healthy breakfast every morning.
- Indulge in physical activities: With the advent and easy access of technology, going out to play in has become a distant reality, one that is never explored. However, it goes without saying that nothing can substitute the physical and mental benefits that a physical activity entails. It not only keeps the body of your child fit but also helps in keeping the mind fresh.
- Read daily: Few things in life can be as rewarding and fulfilling as reading a book. However the habit does not come easy and as a parent it is your responsibility to induce in them this. Try to make your child read a few pages everyday till they take it up themselves out of their volition.
- Drink water and skip the soda: The many flavored sodas, which are available serve as a more palatable alternative to the drab water for the children. Though the choice may seem convenient, it must be snipped off right from the beginning. Sodas are packed with harmful preservatives and should be duly avoided by children. Instead, they must choose the bottle of water to quench the thirst.