Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Subhra RoyYour feedback matters!
I feel minor headache daily. .when I wake up morning I feel pain in back side of my feet and stress in all body. .my uric acid is normal. I feel tight all my body especially when I bend my hands. What is the reason? ?and treatment ?
I have problem of hair failing and back pain from last three month. Please advice me what should I do?
Last 3 month I am experiencing a little pain in my left shoulder. During morning and also sometimes in the day. Please kind tell me what is the problem and how to solve the issue.
I suffered from Chikungunya 2 months back but since then I am still suffering from severe pain in ankles and feet along with swelling due to which I can hardly walk. Please advise whether I can take Eupatorium Perfoliatum Mother Tincture, what dosage and for how long. Thank you.
I have pain and swelling in my left arm joint. It is due to increase in uric acid level. Kindly suggest me medicine for immediate relief.
I'm 25 years female and got married 6 months back and started my family life my problem is after I've started my married life I've been frequently suffering with fever with chills, nausiatic, fatigue, backache and regular with my cycle.
My name is triveni I have knee pain I tried some medicine please suggest me some effective medicines.
Hi iam 36 yrs and the problem is when I get up in morning my legs pain in joints but whole day its not please suggest any home remedy for calcium related issues.
I am suffering from body swelling since 4 to 5 years and also pain in lower back side and also swelling, using lamba sacral belt and using medications but its not curing. What is the best way to control swelling? Please suggest me Thank you.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"