Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhendu ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
My mother, 58 years age, had slip disk 8-9 years back. That time she didn't felt any pain but from past 3 years when she started feeling pain and numbness in both legs after consulting an orthopaedic ,her diagnosis showed that many of her nerves are blocked due to the slip disk and which is still causing her pain, unable to stand straight, dis balance and numbness. The orthopaedic doctor said that a surgery is very risky (life risk, so asked her to move on and do hot water bag. She also tried acupuncture treatment but it didn't effected. If you can provide any solution then i'd be really help full, after talking 2-3 steps she just gets in pain and some times cries too.
My mom has a severe pain starting from her knee to the tip of the toe and on both legs. She feels the pain while walking or climbing stairs. Moreover her calves and feet swell very often. please help.
I am Jon of age 28 from kochi Kerala. I am suffering from backpain due tethering of l4 l5 in backbone. Happens due to an accident. 4 yrsbak is there any long term solution for this.
I took x-ray 2 days before. Backbone's bottom bone doesn't shows a gap between bones that is not familiar like the middle part of the bone. From buttox through left leg. It gets pain after standing up. For 10 minutes only. Advice please. I used to walk daily for 1 hour. Can I continue walking. Please advice as soon as possible.
From few days I am going to school when I am sitting I get so back pain and neck pain I have to treat.?
Hello, I am facing body pain these days. I get constant pain in my legs, back, my shoulders and headaches also. It gets worse when I have to go for some walk like 500 m. I can't sleep properly also. Few days back I had a cold and cough and a little bit of fever also. I took paracetamol I got well in 2 days. I have got dark circles and. Sometimes there is breathing problem also. Please advice me what to do to get out of this situation.
I am 23 years old. I have backache and headache. I have used ailment last few years, sill I haven't got relief. What should I do?
Good evening doctor i am suffering from degenerative disc disease can I travel? mode of travel? what precautions should I take doctor?
I am makes 20 year old and my leg pain in one day work daily and I am sleep over 8 hour and hair fall problems and arm load weight down.
I had knee injury a month ago. Took MRI few days ago. It states ACL HIGH GRADE II partial MID SUBSTANCE tear. Is orthopedic surgery must? Or I can recover without surgery? If yes kindly give it suggestions.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.