Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhasish KarmakarYour feedback matters!
My friend has some allergy due to which gets suddenly red rashes and starts itching which increases to severe itching in about 30-45 minutes. Then has to take some prescribed tablet from Govt. Hospital which has side effect which the doctor himself has said. This happens every 2nd or 3rd day regularly. Tried ayurvedic medicine treatment including panchakarma but no relief. Earlier tried other allopathy doctors but no relief. Some doctor said sometimes it is due to extra protein intake and stopped pulses and other high protein items and again no relief. What can be done now to cure as it is becoming a psychological problem also now. Please advice.
I am 29 year guy & I've been noticing some strange black spots on my skin recently and I'm worried. Can you please specify a solution.
One skin specialist suggest me to take xetox injection (glutathione) for skin whitening so shall I go for it?
In my face there is lot of pimples and dark circles in eye and face glow has gone and face colour turn white to back so how can improve my face in winter season.
I am 21 year old girl suffering from the skin disease In my neck and shoulders there are white spots Which are very ugly to see I request for the better treatment Regards jenny.
Hi doctor, before when I was 15 or 16 years, I was so fair, but suddenly I got allergy & I went to a doctor he gave me 3 injections per week, he gave almost 2 months, even though the allergy din got reduced & went to other doctor he just told me to do blood test & he gave me some medicine for 1 month & it got cured but the thing s after he gave that much injections my body color reduced like sun tan. I am 24 now I am so depressed to see ma color. Please help me to gt ma color back.
Hello Dr. please suggest any medicine which can really help to get fair clear skin. My skin tone is little brown I just need 2 shades fairer skin.
Mere pair we mawad a raha hai ye kaise tik hoga mera pair toot gaya hair jiske karan shukha nahi hair.
I have black spot in red. I think this is because Delhi hot whether. I'm using a cool power for releasing my self but there is no benefit of it. What should I do? Please tell me.
I am 23 year old male and have skin problem. My hand palm is hard and crack for 1 year and I always suffered from skin problem. So what I do.
Hello. I am 22 years old .a black line there on my nose for 6 years which looks very ugly .I want to get rid of it. Can you suggest me any medicine and precautions to be taken to get rid of .I want my nose to be clean.
A common mole is a form of growth on the surface of the skin. It occurs when the skin pigment cells or melanocytes grow in clusters. Moles are common in most adults and occur in places and areas, which are most exposed to the sun. Moles may be present from birth or may appear at a later stage. Moles develop until the age of forty.
Moles are generally round or oval in shape and their surface is smooth with distinct edges. They are dome shaped. Common moles are pink, tan or brown in color. People with dark skin complexion develop dark-colored moles.
Sometimes, moles may change in color and shape. This might be an indication of a skin cancer condition known as Melanoma.
Here are the indications that a mole is cancerous in nature:
- When the color of the mole changes
- When the mole becomes smaller or bigger in an uneven manner
- When the shape, texture or height of a mole changes
- When the skin around the mole turns dry and scaly
- When the mole starts itching
- When there is bleeding or oozing from the mole
Features of Melanoma:
Changes in the shape, size, color or feeling of an existing mole are an indication of Melanoma. The features of this condition can be observed by the changes that occur in the mole. The 'ABCDE' rule can be used to define the features:
- Asymmetry: This means that the shape of one half of the mole is not matching with the other half.
- Irregular border: The borders or edges are ragged, notched and the outline seems blurred. There are chances that the pigment might spread to the surrounding skin surface.
- Uneven color: This indicates that the mole may be of uneven colors. There might be shades of black, brown, tan and also areas of red, white, gray, pink or blue.
- Mole diameter: There is a change in the size and diameter of a mole in cases of Melanoma. Usually, the size increases. Some Melanoma moles may be tiny, but most are wider than six millimeters.
- Evolving: There is an evolution over weeks and months, where the changes in appearance occur. Moles that lead to Melanoma vary a lot. Some cases of Melanoma may have all the above mentioned features while other cases may indicate two or three of the features.
When moles change in color and size, it is because of Melanoma. Several tests have to be carried out to detect whether a mole is cancerous or not, and after that, medical measures must be taken. Melanoma is a serious form of skin cancer and should be attended to immediately.