Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Srimayi ChattopadhyayYour feedback matters!
Dear sir When my eyes goes through sunlight or due to ichness when I run them They become hot and red and tears began to come and tears are very sticky they form white yarn like mud, and beginning to irritate my eye. This problem starts when sunlight goes through my eyes. Please suggest me some medicine.
Hello Doctor, 1. I have fungal infection since 6-8 months, it's not getting cured. I am staying in Europe and went to many doctors but there is no use. They are giving some creams (eg. Selergo, Vobaderm), it's getting better if I use them and then as usual. The infected areas are ears, neck, abdomen, groin, knee, buttocks, and sometimes on Penis shaft. Please give me some advice to get rid of this fungal infection. 2. One more thing, I doubt there is problem with my urinary tract near the Penis head. I get some kind of pain feeling when I pee and same feeling after having sex (ejaculation). Every time I feel like I have to pee. I visited doctors they've made urine test and said everything is fine, but I don't know why am I getting this feeling. I drink enough water and I am more hygienic. Getting more sweat when having sex. Sometimes loosing erections because of this sweat. Cannot hold the semen for long time because of urinary tract I think. Please suggest me some remedies. Thanks.
I'm an Engineering student. I have severe headache when reading books for more than two hours and also pain to my eyes. I had shortsighted .whats the solution for my problem ?
I have problems with my eyes. It gets red I wash it with cold water and after sometimes it's again the same I wear specs of power -2.5.
I am feeling fatigue, laziness, eye strain for last 1 year. I am 29 years old. I am monitoring my blood pressure which I always found low. Sometimes to 100/60. Please suggest.
I had been once infected with uveitis around 5 years ago and it was cured, but have been getting that dot like movements in my eyes once in a while when I just use wysolone 1 tab per day fr a week it goes off is this a good practice how can I get Rid of it?
Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Blinking: Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Near and far focusing: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes.
It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath