Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sramana DasguptaYour feedback matters!
I have never done sex. I am involved in masturbation for last 3-4 years only, before that, you have not done. Now a days, I used to lie down on bed facing down, and rubbing my dick with the bed, while watching porn. Is it good for me or not? Should I Stop masturbating now? I'm planning to get married next year, what things should I need to do before marriage to have healthy sex life ahead? I used to discharge quickly while masturbating and nowadays, I'm feeling weakness in my whole body. I'm afraid in talking to girls or ask them out, I'm tall, though my physique is not good, I'm thin. Please help.
A boy is so obssesed and desperate that he always texts me that too from untraceable company numbers. I donno how he pulls out my personal contact numbers. I complained to the police and he was warned twice to stop but his behaviour continues. I have done everything to make him understand i' m not interested in him. At times, I get scared what should I do to stop him before his behaviour gets extreme & tries to harm me in some way?
My friend is 30 year old. He is taking drug for a long time. Like cough syrup and capsules etc. He regularly takes cough syrup which added codeine drug. He becomes hardly addicted with medicine drug. Sometimes if he didn't got this he becomes hyper and got huge problems in sleeping. Suggest me a treatment of him to become out of these medical drugs. How can he comes out of this.
I had smoked marijuana and was diagnosed by anxiety disorder. But it has been 3 years and yet i am unable to travel alone or do rigorous exercises.
I have been going to my psychiatrist for a couple years now. I am on adderall and kolonopin. I have developed a dependency for adderall. I ran out of my medicine this morning. I have severe withdrawal symptoms from these medicine's. I don't want to go back to my psychiatrist because I feel he isn't helping me anymore. He keeps switching my meds and is to inconsistent. I have an appointment to get treatment at a behavioral health center in 11 days. I don't want to think about the horrible withdrawals that will be starting in a day or two. What should I do until I can get help. The symptoms are almost unbearable. I lay in bed, my anxiety is really bad. My throat feels like it's closing.
I keep on forgetting things, actually I am in class 12 so I need to memorize more. I am not able to make it please suggest a proper diet, medicine, reason for this.
My child has seen Harry Potter films and indulged in spirit calling. She also behaves badly with parents and even think of jumping out from the window, what to do.
I am 22 year old jobless male. I am a mechanical graduate. I lost interest in life. I am not in present. I am very inactive. I have a lot of fear that I may lose in life. Always thinking bad things in heart. Please tell me any suggestion. I don't have dare to go in public and speak. Please tell me what should I do?
Hi, I am 30 years old, got married 3.8 years back. Within 4 months of our marriage, we met with accident where my wife seriously injured with bone broken. She was operated with rod and plate in the leg. Since then I feel like much depressed, more pain below knee backside, fatigue, can not able to concentrate on things. Very urge for Sex, but couldn't make intercourse due to leg pain and no erection for long time. So tried for masturbation, but not felt better after that also. Please suggest what disease I have or what I have to do stay pain free and happy.
My friend has cigarette 2-3 a day, how harmful is that? he cannot quit but can substantially reduce it, what can be the precautions taken? and if any other suggestions relating to diet please advise.
There are instances when a kid doesn’t show the usual signs of development compared to their peers. Most parents take it casually thinking that their child will catch up in due course only to find a larger problem associated with it. It is therefore extremely important to discuss speech and language related delays with a medical practitioner to find out whether a child is immature or has a genuine problem which requires medical help. A child can show different signs as per age:
Different age group:
- Within the first 12 months, a baby should be able to relate to his environment and make babbling and cooing sound. It is often observed that by month 9, a baby is capable of stringing sounds after seeing things. If a baby is intently watching objects, but is unable to make any sound, this may be an early symptom of speech or language related problem.
- Between the 12th and the 15th month, a baby should be capable of making a wide array of sounds including few commonly used words. Babies should also be able to take few basic instructions and oblige those.
- Between the age of 18th and 24th months, a baby becomes smart enough to pronounce anywhere in the range of 20 to 50 words. They also start combining words and make simple sentences. They should be capable of identifying common objects and remember their names.
- By the age of 3, a toddler should be smart enough to combine 4-5 words and form sentences. Kids of this age also become smart enough to take straightforward instructions and perform them comfortably. Any deviation on this should be immediately reported to the Doctor.
What are the warning signs?
If a child between the age of 1-2 is not able to do the following things:
- Fails to use gesture
- Use more gesture than vocalising by the age of 18 months
- Produce no voice by 18th-month
- Fails to perform simple instructions
A child between the age of 2-3 needs evaluation if:
- Capable of imitating words but isn’t spontaneous in vocalising
- Repeats certain words multiple times
- The tone of voice is unusual compared to his peers
Possible causes of speech and language delay:
- Problems with palate leading to oral impairments
- Short frenulum restricting sufficient tongue movement to produce speech
- Oral-motor problems leading to speech limitation
- Problems related to hearing
- Chronic infection of the ear leading to speech delay
What does the pathologist assess?
- What can the child speak?
- What can the child understand?
- Oral-motor status
- Clarity of speech
Post the above evaluation a pathologist directs a plan of action. Sometimes speech therapy sessions are recommended in order to improve kids’ skill. For a motor related problem, a doctor can state a plan of action and limit the expectation of parents. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Speech Therapist.