Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sramana DasguptaYour feedback matters!
My roommates complaints that I used to speak at night suddenly for two to three minutes. Last night, they complained that I was laughing very loud while sleeping with my hands opened and I was jumping on bed. This is not usual as I don't have this problem previously. Moreover, I don't have dreams on that night too. I think this problem is related to my psycology.
I am suffering from lots of stress I am not able to be happy my mood changes suddenly. I am trying a lot to be happy but lots of things are going in my mind. I always feel to cry. Please help me out.
Hi I am Suresh 25 years old but I have no job mentally disturbed and also so many friends I lose. I feel I am alone. Health also so bad. I have gastric problem. Please support me. What can I do for these problems solve.
How can I manage multiple work at 8 hours duty? I have more than one boss at my work place. How can I manage them both? Lastly how can I manage stress at my life?
I'm 36 year old single girl. Lost motivation for life. Putting on weight, No interest for work, gym, No bf. I am not bad looking girl, but diched by many guys .Life seems fucked up. Don't no for whom I should regain my life properly. I sleep in day. Wake up in night. Please advise.
Dear Doctor, After the 3rd delivery My wife's Behaviour had been totally changed, She is an uneducated village woman, suddenly she will fight with me with enormous strength, somebody told this is because of Black magic. I am taking all the pain for the past 19 yrs. I am so rich to show to the best doctors.
My son, age 4 yrs, can not speak but to gain attraction he usually cried out very loud. We consult ENT and did several tests like beta, tympanometry and audiometry. One doctor recommend cochlear implant, Another told to go for hearing aid. After various test the people who sell hearing aid are now demanding to deposit 60000 cash as security deposit for the hearing aid. Is this necessary? Can anybody help what should we do?
My name is rashmi singh. I am depressed with my life. And I am confused what I will do after marriage. Me.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.