Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumitra Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
Last month I had unprotected sex. And I take I Pill. After 4 days I have my periods. And in this month I don't have my periods my dates are 15 to 18 bt even 25 comes and I don't have my periods. Is there is a chance of pregnancy?
If a boy kisses a girl on her lips for longer time once in a month then in that situation can a girl get pregnant.
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Whole Fruit vs Fruit Juice - Which Is Healthier for You?
Hi. I'm now 24 years old and married 1 years ago. I feel heavy pain during sexual intercourse with my hubby everyday. Is it normal? What may be the reason of pain? Pls help me.
Infertility is a condition, which is characterized by the inability to have a baby for over a year in spite of having planned and unprotected sex. It is a pretty common phenomenon for both men and women. However, there are several treatments available for both the sexes to help them recover from this problem. Here are some of the most common treatments available for infertility:
1. Changing your lifestyle: Certain factors in your lifestyle, which may cause you to be infertile include the medications you take, lack of exercise or not having intercourse frequently enough or not at the right time. The solution for these problems is simply incorporating certain changes in your daily life, such as exercising more, sticking to a healthy diet or having intercourse more often at the right time.
2. Sperm retrieval: Sperm retrieval is the technique used when you cannot ejaculate or when there is hardly any sperm present in your semen. It is also used in case of a low sperm count.
1. Intrauterine insemination: Intrauterine insemination is a process in which healthy sperm cells are put into the uterus so that the egg gets fertilized when it is released. The sperm cells have to be inserted at the time when your ovaries release eggs; therefore it is crucial to know your menstrual cycle as well as how fertility drugs are affecting it.
2. Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are used to stimulate ovulation. This is done by administering medications which either regulate or cause ovulation to occur. There are several types of fertility drugs, so you should talk to your doctor about which should be the best for you.
4. IVF: IVF is an assisted reproductive technology. During IVF, the sperm is first retrieved, after which fertility medications are given to the woman so that the egg can be retrieved. Finally, the egg is fertilized on a laboratory dish and injected back into the mother or a surrogate mother.