Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumitra Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle
Hello I want to sex with my partner. Can you tell me proper time of sex I mean she didn't want to become pregnant. I had listen that on period we can do easily sex on period no girl are pregnant can you help me please Thank you.
Meri last periods date thi 27 april. Pregnancy test is positive. But mjhe mjhe bahut hi mild pain rehta stomach main. Wht would be d reason. Second thing main eltroxin 25 mg leti hun. Lastly 16 may thyroid profile the thi value is 3.32. Pain kis wajah se ho rha. Main koun sa month pregnant count hoga ab.
Sir we have sex 2 days before and today in 3rd day I am getting pain in stomach because I think periods are going to start. Can I take i-pill in this situation since we don't use condom during sex.
Many warning signs of summer illnesses actually start in the mouth. Though no two patients experience the same constellation of symptoms, many initially report problems with thirst, dry mouth and dry tongue before the onset of more worrisome indicators.
The most important thing you can do to prevent summer heat illnesses is drink plenty of fluids. This is especially true if one has been outdoors working or playing in the sun. Establish a schedule and drink plenty of fluids at regular intervals. You should also be drinking even if you do not feel thirsty or dehydrated. For an extra push, drink solutions like Pedialyte or Gatorade. These help maintain electrolyte balance during extreme heat. Avoid alcohol consumption, as liquor often dehydrates the body and leaves it wanting of critical fluids.