Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife mensuration period got over on 15 nov. When shd I do sex to get her pregnant. Pls mention the date range.
Hello We had unprotected sex for several times after my last period was over (last period on 31 th December. And expecting the next period on 29 th January but it occurred on 26 th January with pink spotting and on the next day some deep spotting, on the third day it became heavier (have to use 2 pads) but not as my regular period. Before spotting I had no any symptoms but the lower back pain on and off. I had cramps and pains all over my lower parts when I get my regular periods but this time I am feeling something different, that only my lower back and lower abdomen is paining very badly. So I am confused, is it my regular period or implantation bleeding or anything else? Please help me out.
I am a 17 year girl and I did sex yesterday and I take unwanted 72 after 3 hrs from sex time and I am also doing sex today with condom and I take pain killer and after taking pain killer I do bomatind today then koi problem ho skta hai kya please tell me soon?
Both my daughter in laws didn't conceive so far. First married 7 years back and second three years back. First is in oversaes and the second is with us in chennai. Her tsh level is 0.08 and she had been put on eltroxin 125 mg. Tabs. By her gynaec. Chances of our getting a grand child!
My aunt had married about 3 years ago then after 1 year she got divorced and now my question is that if virginity break 1 tme then it comes back or not if yes then in how many time it takes to come back.
Hello doctor I lost my virginity with my boyfriend on 2nd april. It was an unprotected sex also my periods stopped on1st april and started on 30th march (i have hormonal problems) and my periods last only for 2-3 days since yesterday I am feeling little pukish and had fever I did pregnancy test which came negative. Doctor please help me im really scared also please tell me till when I have chances of getting pregnant and when should I get my pregnancy test again? And will ipill cause delay in periods?
I am 20 years old girl. I use tablets for preventing periods for few days stopped now. But no periods. At should do? Next week is my wedding. Suggest me a good solution.
Hi. My age is 24. I was diagnosed with atypical endometriosis in my right ovary last September. However I got pregnant all Naturally. I am now 24 weeks, 4 days pregnant. All my reports are normal till date. I want to know if there is any risk because of the endometriosis. Will dere be any complications. If so what necessary precautions can I take. Pls reply. It will be of great help.
Scientists have concluded that sugar stimulates the exact same centers of the brain, which derive pleasure out of heroin or cocaine. For those who are addicted to sugar, getting off it leads to intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. If you have an uncontrollable urge to devour something sweet, you probably have sugar addiction too. Sugar is known to release dopamine and opioids, which not only makes it addictive, but makes it extremely difficult for you to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
- Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
- You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
- You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
- Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
- You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
- Substitute sweets with whole foods
- Ditch artificial sweeteners
- Clean your house
- Create a backup plan
- Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings:
- Feeling lightheaded
- Craving for sugar
- Binge eating
- Irritability and moodiness
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Muscular aches
- Flu symptoms
I don't have regular menstruation cycle from last month. My period usually last for 3-4 days but last time it was late and appeared only for one and a half day. Since it was late and I had some family program so I tried to stimulate it with some home remedies like taking bath in mustard oil & taking vitamin C pills consisted of ascorbic acid. This time also. My periods are late and bleeding is very less. Please suggest me some good syrup or medicines to regulate menstruation cycle.
When I went for sonography on 22nd dec, doctor said the expected date for delivery id 16th jan. On 12th of jan I felt pain in lower back & vagina and frequent urination was there. When I went for checkup Dr. said cervix in only 1 cm dilated. Since then I just have a severe backache. I dnt feel any severe pain near vagina as of earlier. How will I come to know that I am in active stage of labour? Is every thing normal? This is my first time to become mom.
Mujhe na period 6 tarikh ko aaya aur 12 tarikh ko khatam ho gaya par Kal se mujhe na andar khoon jama hua dikh raha hai aur aaj bhi check Kari toh bhi khoon nikla pls mujhe batayiye Kya hai yeh?
Am I pregnant my boyfriend and I had sex in February after my period left and in March I had my period for a whole 4 days but I'm still kind of scared I'm waiting on it for this month but I'm taking birth control pills so I'm confused.
I am 9 weeks pregnant 24 year old my hba1c is 5.6 am called diabetic or how to manage with medicine or diet what I have to do .I am worried fbs and pp bs are normal.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.