Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.
I am 29 year old, I felt by the bike last 15 days back, we are planning to get baby, when I fall I got swelling on poster head, no open wound, after taking T.zerodol SP swelling reduced, but my period is delayed for 6 days and UPT is negative. Is it cause any problem.
2 days After completion of her period of last month, her period started again. She did check up and blood test. Her report is as follows: 1. Hemoglobin: Method: Sahlis, Value: 10.0, Unit: g/dl, Reference Range : 12.0 - 18.0 2. Blood Urea, Method: Photometry, Value: 28.0, Unit: mg/dl, Reference Range: 5 - 40 3. TSH, Method: C.L.I.A, Value: >150, Unit: uIU/ml, Reference Range: 0.3 - 5.5 Kindly tell me is she suffered from hypothyroidism and/or any other disease? Thank you.
She is getting pain like burning sensation on her both side of vagina and the clitoris. During this time leg pain knee joint pain also. Please suggest.
I am a 26-year old female (5 feet 2 inches tall) and have recently gained around 5 kilos and now weigh 60 kgs, post marriage. I am also losing hair like crazy. Is their a change in diet needed?
I am 28 years married lady. Having problem of PCOD I have irregular period. Last 3 month I hadn't period yet. I have done pregnancy test. But result was negative. What should I do?
Hello sir/madam, I'm trying for pregnancy from last 4 months but unsuccessful results. I have pcos with left 10 and right 7. My husbands penis skin Is tight and while having sex he has problem inserting so we use lubricant jel of Durex. What could be the reasons for not conceiving please revert asap.
I took ipill on 8th june after unprotected sex. My period are due 13th of june. And I still do not feel any pms. I am worried.:(Does ipill causes delayed menses? Or did ipill failed? How will I know.
Hi m married women it's been 1 years 5 months now. We r planning for a baby since last 3month, my periods were regular but frm last 3 month my period date variations s fr 7 days early r late n m expecting fr positive in pregnancy chk but felt bad last month also got period again we r trying is der anything I need to take precautions? My weight s any reason? N I started exercises treadmill daily 30 min. Pls guide me for baby n have done hormone test n all everything s normal.
What is a learning disorder?
A learning disorder is defined as difficulty in an academic area (reading, mathematics, or written expression). The child's ability to achieve in the specific academic area is below what is expected for the child's age, educational level, and level of intelligence. The difficulty experienced by the child is severe enough to interfere with academic achievement or age-appropriate normal activities of daily living. About 8% of children in schools are classified as having specific learning disabilities and receive some kind of special education support.
What causes learning disorders?
Learning disorders are believed to happen because of an abnormality in the nervous system, either in the structure of the brain or in the functioning of brain chemicals. The difference in the nervous system causes the child with a learning disorder to receive, process, or communicate information in a different way.
Who is affected by learning disorders?
According to the U.S. Department of Education, about 5% of children in U.S. schools (kindergarten through grade 12) have some type of learning disorder.
Genetic predisposition, problems during pregnancy, birth, or early infancy, as well as other general medical conditions may be associated with the cause of learning disorders.
What are the symptoms of learning disorders?
The following are the most common symptoms of learning disorders. However, each child may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:
Reading disorder. A reading disorder is present when a child reads below the expected level given his or her age, grade in school, and intelligence. Children with a reading disorder read slowly and have difficulty understanding what they read. They may have difficulty with word recognition and confuse words that look similar. A reading disorder is sometimes called dyslexia.
Mathematics disorder. A mathematics disorder is present when a child has problems with skills related to numbers. Examples of this include counting, copying numbers correctly, adding and carrying numbers, learning multiplication tables, recognizing mathematical signs, and understanding mathematical operations.
Disorder of written expression. A disorder of written expression is present when a child has difficulty with writing skills. Examples of this include understanding grammar and punctuation, spelling, paragraph organization, or composing written information. Often these children also have poor handwriting skills.
How are learning disorders diagnosed?
The signs of learning disorders may be identified by parents or teachers when a child consistently has difficulty with any, or all, of the following:
Reading, spelling, writing, or completing math problems
Understanding or following directions
Distinguishing right from left
Reversing letters or numbers (confusing "b" and "d" or 12 and 21)
A comprehensive evaluation by educational and mental health professionals includes educational and psychological testing, as well as talking with the child and parents. A comprehensive evaluation identifies whether a child has a learning disorder. It also identifies learning strengths and weaknesses. Results of the evaluation are used to determine educational needs, identify the best school placement, and determine the possible need for medicine to help with distractibility or hyperactivity. Results can also determine the possible benefit of any additional therapies, such as speech therapy or family psychotherapy, to maximize the child's learning potential and quality of life.
Treatment for learning disorders
Specific treatment for learning disorders will be determined by the coordinated effort of your child's healthcare provider and mental health and educational professionals based on:
Your child's age, overall health, and medical history
Extent of the disorder
Type of disorder
Your child's tolerance for specific medicines or therapies
Expectations for the course of the disorder
Your opinion or preference
Learning disorders are treatable. A coordinated effort between parents, teachers, and mental health professionals provides the basis for individualized treatment strategies. These may include individual or group remediation, and/or special classes or resources.
Prevention of learning disorders
Preventive measures to reduce how often learning disorders happen are not known at this time. However, discovering learning disorders and doing something about them early on can reduce their severity. This will also improve the quality of life experienced by children with learning disorders.
In India, Cancer issue is expanding systematically and in this issue, individuals are losing their full hair of entire body with impact of chemotherapy. Presently at Looks Forever Hair and Skin Esthetic Clinic gives Hair Patches/Toupee/Hair Skin, to those individuals who are experiencing cancer.
You would not consider how essential your hair is until you confront losing it. In addition, that if you have cancer and are going to experience chemotherapy, the shot of hair loss is genuine. Both men and women face hair loss as one of the symptoms, they fear most in the wake of being determined to have malignancy.
Regardless of whether you have, hair loss from your chemotherapy depends generally on the sort and measurement of medication you get. Nevertheless, regardless of whether you can keep up a solid self-perception after hair loss depends, a ton on your state of mind and the support of your loved ones.
Cancer Patients and Hair Loss – Reason
Chemotherapy medications are capable drugs that assault quickly developing cancer cells. Shockingly, these medications additionally assault other quickly developing cells in your body -incorporating those in your hair roots.
Chemotherapy may bring about hair loss everywhere on your body - not simply on your scalp. At times your eyelash, eyebrow, armpit, pubic and other body hair additionally drops out. Some chemotherapy medications are more probable than others to bring about hair loss are, and diverse dosages can make anything from a unimportant diminishing complete baldness.
Manage Chemotherapy Hair Loss
As per Individuals with Cancer faces hair loss as a troubling symptom of treatment. Each time you get a look at yourself in a mirror, your changed appearance is an indication of your disease and all that you have encountered since your determination.
The ideal route for you to manage approaching balding is to prepare and concentrate on showing up some time recently, amid and after your cancer treatment.
Your hair loss for the most part cannot be averted or controlled, but, it can be managed. Make the accompanying strides all through your treatment to limit the dissatisfaction and nervousness related with hair loss.
Plan for a head covering
Right now is an ideal opportunity to begin considering wigs, scarves or other head covers. Regardless of whether you wear a make a beeline for disguise, your balding is dependent upon you. Nevertheless, it is less demanding to get ready for it now instead of later.
Be delicate to your hair
Start being kind to your hair. Try not to bleach, color or perm your hair — this can debilitate it. Air-dry your hair however much as could be expected and abstain from warming gadgets, for example, hair curling accessories and hot rollers. Reinforcing your hair now may make it more inclined to remain in your mind somewhat longer amid treatment.
Consider trimming your hair
Short hair tends to look fuller than long hair. Therefore, as your hair drops out, it will not be as detectable on the off chance that you have short hair. Additionally, on the off chance that you have long hair, going short may enable you to improve a move to aggregate hair loss.
Covering your head as your hair drops out is an individual choice. For some women; hair is related with womanliness and wellbeing, so they keep up that look by wearing a wig. Others pick caps and scarves.
We have an extensive variety of Hair Patches/Toupee/Hair Skin and Wigs accessible at our Clinic for Cancer Patients in Noida. These Hair Patches are made of Human Hair, varying of various size, shape, texture and so on.,
Any individual confronting from Hair Loss issue can without much of a stretch wear this for entire day and amid night the wigs can be effortlessly dive from the head.
I had on unprotected sex for 2 days on 7th and 8th. Today I have taken I pills. Will I become pregnant.
Hello mam sir. my torch test positive. If I get pregnant is there any difficulty if I conceive now. please suggest me. I m taking tablet of torch nil.
I had a irregular periods in my school days. In my college days I had face non stop periods for 2 years. Then through health check up it found that I have PCOD. Now I got married and I had sexual contact, I had severe pain and I didn't find any blood in my first sexual contact. Still I am suffering some pain in sexual contact with my husband. Is there any difficulty to conceive in PCOD?
I am here to address to the first doctor of the family that is mothers. Dear mothers you are the first person whom everyone in the family be it your child, husband, parents or in laws want to see first when in trouble or illness.
As it is said that men's work is from son to son but a lady's work ia never done, means men do work for a limited time period say from 9 to 5 for eg, but a women's work is never ending.
Doing all work and taking care of your family you keep your health at the bottom of your priority list dear mothers you need to understand that your health is the key to family health. You cannot avoid yourself.
If you want to keep your family happy and health then first you need to stay happy and healthy.
I am Dr. Komal puri giving some reminder to be followed by moms to keep themselves healthy.
1. Take a glass of water in the morning as soon as you wake up, it will help to flush toxins from your body that is generated overnight.
2. Don't skip breakfast-breakfast is the first meal of the day that keep you energise the whole day. I know an energetic women performs household as well as physical activities much better. Just because your routine is not regular or normal doesn't mean that you should skip your breakfast. Make sure you take healthy well balanced meal in the morning including proteins, fruits, veggies, milk etc.
3. Stay hydrated-water intake makes your skin glowing. Dear mothers, we know you are the most beautiful lady for your child on this earth but you will love to hear from your child when he or she will say oh mom you are so pretty, your skin is glowing. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. This point is especially recommended for mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies because the quantity as well as quality of your milk supply totally depends on your hydration.
4. 3 nutrients that is iron, calcium and protein-giving birth to a child changes you body drastically. If you want to get recover from it, make sure that you will take enough amount of proteins, iron and calcium in your diet. Deficiency of this will make you feel tired very easily, you will irritated. You are the person in the family who will not depend on anybody even in your old age. So for proteins focus on beans, lentils, nuts, soya, these are the good source of iron as well. Dark green vegetables, cheese, yoghurt, curd,
Milk are good source of calcium.
5. Take time for yourself-being working mother is a tedious job, preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner and then taking care of kids and weekends planned for pending jobs make you stressed ultimately. So take time for yourself, do yoga, meditation or power walk in the morning.
On the other hand, homemakers are under eaten, their job is thankless, no pay, no weekend off, 24 by 7 continuous job and house is there working place. It is very imperative to take time for yourself.
You can join hobby classes like dancing, singing etc, hangout with your friends when your kids are at school or so shopping to make you feel fresh.
On this mothers day I wish you dream, enjoy, relax and lead a happy and healthy life.
Health Benefits of Banana Peel
Bananas have multiple health benefits and are commonly available fruit. They possess a wide variety of vitamins and minerals like vitamins B6, A and C, Manganese, Potassium, dietary fiber, protein, iron, magnesium etc. What many people don't know is the banana peel which is usually thrown away, has multiple health benefits too. It's interesting to know what they are:
1. Whitens Teeth - If you rub banana peel for a minute, every day, for a week on your teeth, you will have naturally white teeth without having to visit the dentist.
2. Removes Warts - The cheapest and simplest method to remove warts and stop them from reoccurring is rubbing the peel of a banana on the affected area, or sticking it there overnight.
3. Treats Acne - Getting rid of pimples is as easy as massaging banana peels on the face and body for five minutes a day until acne disappears.
4. Rids of wrinkles - Mash banana peel and add an egg yolk to it. This mixture works as a great anti-wrinkle face pack. Apply it on your face and wash it off after five minutes. Banana peels are known to keep the skin hydrated.
5. Gives pain relief - This might come as a surprise but the banana peel is known to provide relief from pain. Just place the peel directly on the part that is paining and you'll get relief in about half an hour. You can also make a mixture of banana peel and vegetable oil to apply on the pain affected area.
6. Heals psoriasis - Applying the peel on the psoriasis affected area moisturizes the place and reduces itchiness.
7. Relieves of bug bites - It is advised to massage banana peel on mosquito bites to get immediate relief from pain and itching.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: 15 Reasons Why Banana is Healthier Than Apple?
We have been trying to conceive since 4 months but failed every time ,m also taking folic acid but no success. Can you tell me any tabs dt l help me conceive. M in Amma fertile window.
If I pill is consumed twice or thrice monthly for over a period of 3 to 4 years, will it affect fertility?
Whole soy foods can protect against disease,
Provide nutritional benefits, and taste great in a
Variety of dishes! learn what makes soy so
Healthful, and ways to use this versatile food.
One of the healthiest changes you can make to
Your diet is to incorporate whole soy foods on a
Regular basis. Soy:
1. Is rich in protein, iron and compounds called
Isoflavones, which seem to protect against
Hormone-driven cancers such as prostate cancer
In men and breast cancer in women.
2. Helps protect your heart.
3. May help protect against lung cancer.
I recommend one to two daily servings of soy in
Relatively whole and unrefined forms such as a
Half-cup of tofu, tempeh, green soybeans
(edamame) or roasted soy nuts. You can also
Easily swap meat for tofu in dishes - baked tofu
Works well as a meat replacement in fajitas, stir
Fries and casseroles.