Common Specialities
{{speciality.keyWord}}
Common Issues
{{issue.keyWord}}
Common Treatments
{{treatment.keyWord}}
Book
Call

Dr. Soumitra Kumar

Gynaecologist, Kolkata

500 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Soumitra Kumar Gynaecologist, Kolkata
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help
Feed
Services

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Soumitra Kumar
Dr. Soumitra Kumar is a popular Gynaecologist in Dover Lane, Kolkata. You can visit him at Infertility & Gynaecology Clinic in Dover Lane, Kolkata. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Soumitra Kumar on Lybrate.com.

Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.

Info

Languages spoken
English
Hindi

Location

Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumitra Kumar

Infertility & Gynaecology Clinic

11B, Dover Lane Opposite Dover Lane Music Conference OfficeKolkata Get Directions
500 at clinic
...more
View All

Services

View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra Kumar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review

Feed

Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

My wife is 30 years old and we are trying for a child from past 4 years. This month we are hoping that she got conceived just by signs. My question is that she do not take dairy products and we are vegetarian and she iron deficiency too.

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Correct iron deficiency. Vegetarian diet is OK. Just ensure that both of you don't have any fertility problems. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My periods are late I check on I can preg test but it's negative . I am having very little bleeding some times . Am I pregnant ? I don't want to be right now ? What are the measures or pills I can take for my mensuration ? And not getting pregnant ?

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
My periods are late I check on I can preg test but it's negative . I am having very little bleeding some times . Am I...
Hello, lybrate user, menstrual disorder is caused due to stress, anxiety, depression, malnutrition, anaemia, over exertion, pcod, thyroidism, results in, delayed, painful, excess & frequent blood flow during menstruation. * tk, plenty of water to hydrate yourself, to eliminate toxins & to dilute your blood to establish your flow by regulating metabolism to absorb neutrients to nourish your body. * go for meditation to reduce your stress, anxiety to calm your nerve to ease your stress, improving oxygen volume in blood in order, to establish your smooth flow. * your diet be simple, non- irritant, easily digestible on time to maintain your digestion, avoiding gastric disorder. * tk, apple, carrots, cheese, milk, banana, papaya, pomegranate, spinach, almonds, walnuts to improve your haemoglobin to release your flow, timely. * tk, homoeo medicine, gentle & rapid in action with no adverse effect, thereof. @ pulsatilla 30-6 pills, thrice a day. @ sepia200-6 pills, thrice a day. * ensure, sound sleep in d night for at least 7 hrs. * avoid, caffiene, junkfood, dust, smoke, exertion > your feedback will highly b appreciated for further, follow up. Tk, care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had sex on 14 dec and 8 jan my period date is 9 th jan but didi not have period I took meprate 5 days and it's third day after stopping tablet we have done with full protection .In how many more days I will get my period.

MBBS
General Physician, Mumbai
I had sex on 14 dec and 8 jan my period date is 9 th jan but didi not have period I took meprate 5 days and it's thir...
You should be getting your periods within next three days and if necessary contact us for further guidance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Me and my wife tried to have a baby after her periods. And we did it for one to eighth day, but she couldn't be pregnant. The same previous month. Should we go for test?

DGO, MD, MRCOG, CCST, Accredation in Colposcopy
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Me and my wife tried to have a baby after her periods. And we did it for one to eighth day, but she couldn't be pregn...
The most fertile period of a cycle is mid-cycle if a woman has regular 28-30 days cycle. Therefore having intercourse regularly from 9th or 10th day after periods starts for another 7 or 9 days increases the chances of achieving a pregnancy.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Super Fact of the Day: You get a younger body every decade!

MBBS,PGDMCH,PGDGM,AFIH,MHA,DEM
General Physician, Noida
Super Fact of the Day: You get a younger body every decade!
No matter what age you may be, your body is younger by several years. This is because most of the tissues in our body are constantly renewing themselves. The average of age of our body cells is about 7-10 years.

Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
910 people found this helpful

Hello . I am 8 months pregnant. Since many days I have this acute pain on the pelvic area specially on the left side. The pain is increasing day by day

MD - Maternity & Child Health
Gynaecologist, Bangalore
Consult your obstetrician. Could be due to urine infection. Stree woman health care centre bangalore
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Wife had miscarriage recently. Blood group of wife is o-ve. My blood group is b-ve. Does my wife need to take any injection or meditation for conceiving? After how many months should we try for pregnancy? And after how many days should we start doing sex, and if after next period should we start sex then should we use condom or wat? After miscarriage, the foods was removed via tablets.

MBBS, DNB (Obstetrics and Gynecology), MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Delhi
Wife had miscarriage recently.
Blood group of wife is o-ve.
My blood group is b-ve.
Does my wife need to take any inj...
Inj Anti D needs to be taken by your wife. Avoid sex till after her next periods happen. Use condom andcavoid pregnancy till her womb recovers till 6 months.
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After my et in ivf I am suffering from piles problem a lot. Its 9th day of my et. Is it safe to travel to doctor about 25 kms to have a check for medication.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Hi boil 1 ripe banana in 1 cup of milk, mash well. Take 3-4 times a day. Make an ointment by mixing an equal amount of powdered long pepper and turmeric with milk (preferably cow’s milk). Apply this on the external piles. Take arshantak vati 1-1 twice a day with warm water. And take pranacharya pilescure capsule 1-1 twice a day. And abhayarishta 2-2 tsf twice a day. Apply pranacharya pilescure ointment on anal region. If stomach is not clear them take virechan churna 1 tsf in warm water before night. Take fresh buttermilk early morning. Avoid spicy food. Junk food. Fermented food. Tea.coffee. Take slitz bath. You can take my 'piles treatment package' which is available on Lybrate in health packages.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, Multiple ivf failures due to implantation failure. Carrier screening done. Both of us are found to be carrier of limb girdle muscular dystrophy (AR). Advised to go for fresh cycle of ivf with pgd. What is the success rate of having a normal baby. Is this a cause of implantation failure. We both are affected with this disease.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, M.S Obstetrics & Gynecology
IVF Specialist, Chandigarh
Dear lybrate-user, Sad to know your problem. As you both are having AR LGMD, then there is 25% chances that the resulting embryo could be AD and in that case will be symptomatic, otherwise you have 75% chances of carrying either a normal baby or carrier state which is otherwise phenotypically normal. Yes, even AR defect can lead to implantation failure and you should go for PGD. Hope this helps.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

83%
(10 ratings)

Dr. Suparna Bhattacharya

MBBS, MD - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist
Care IVF, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
82%
(10 ratings)

Dr. Suchetana Sengupta

MBBS, Diploma of the Faculty of Family Planning (DFFP), DRCOG, MRCOG
Gynaecologist
Care IVF, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
90%
(105 ratings)

Dr. Ranjana Tibrewal

MBBS, MS
Gynaecologist
Medica Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
89%
(4632 ratings)

Dr. Ramna Banerjee

DGO, MD, MRCOG, CCST, Accredation in Colposcopy
Gynaecologist
Apollo Clinic Prince Anwarshah Road- Opposite South City, 
400 at clinic
Book Appointment