Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumitra Kumar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife 35 year old this month missed her period on 2nd day of missed period had vomitings and nausea for 2 days and taken hpt on 4th day result negative then still no periods why.
I am female 28. I want to make my vagina color lighter. I am using clean and dry intimate wash but no effect. How to make vagina lighter in color.
My wife frequently suffering vaginal infection problem we have done lots of treatment and home remedies but it is not permanently cure please advise any permanent cure solutions thanks.
I am getting pain near lower abdomen and having irregular periods since last month. So I went to gynaecologist yesterday she did ultrasound scan and said I have small ovarian cyst in left and right side and gave some medicines. I'm afraid of my condition, is this something life threatening or dangerous? Will cysts reduce. please help me, I'm feeling very anxious because of this.
Want to conceive baby but have ovarian cyst. Previous history- laproscopy done before four years. Please advise.
My wife's C-delivery done 20 days back. After how many days we can have sex. Can we do unprotected sex.
Doctors please help asap. Me nd my gf do unprotected sex on 13 august nd on 24 august periods will started with same flow. Nd in september periods again started in 21 nd in next month again in 15 nd in november periods will again started in date of 10. Now she tells me tha she will feel some vomiting type or itchiness is there any chance of pregnancy please help?
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
At times giving in to the needs of your body is the best way to lead a happy and blissful life, however, at the same time you have to identify and fulfill only those needs which will not hamper your health. Though sex is still considered a taboo word to be uttered out in public, this, by no means, can dampen its importance. The importance and the need for sex require no introduction as more and more people engage in the pursuit of having a satisfying experience.
Some useful tips can always come in handy and it does more good than bad to keep these few in mind:
- Remember to kiss: Though if we see the larger picture, kissing may seem insignificant, this simple act is by no means redundant. According to research those couples who kiss more tend to have a better and a more gratifying sex life.
- Indulge in foreplay: The importance and significance of foreplay can never be emphasized enough. Often times in the rush for completion of the act, one may forget foreplay, but it is always a good idea not to. If sex is the climax, foreplay is necessary build up to that, one that almost always yields the best benefits.
- Take a shower together: It may sound amateur, but what is sex without being a little exciting. Try taking a shower with your partner and more often than not, things will take its course from there on.
- Sex talk: Indeed, you can do and talk sex. Experts believe that sex talks considerably increase and enhance excitement and also in most cases even brings back the lost one. Engage in a free-flowing conversation with your partner, tell him or her unapologetically what you desire and also what you do not. Nothing works better than simply talking sometimes.
- Role playing: Though the prospect of sex may be exciting, it is only a matter of time till dullness and boredom creep in. The task is to find out ways to keep them away and one of them is role-playing. It is important to be completely non-judgemental towards your partner's desires and accept in order to go about.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!