Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumitra Kumar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Soumitra KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello as my daughter who is 23 years old feel sometime pain in middle of her chest. As she feel more pain whenever she do some stretch work or whenever she moves towards down. Her pain remain stop for sometimes too but again she felt soo. Why this is happening to her?
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
Sir, before one year pain in chest and ECG, echo,angiography report done in CIMS hospital all are normally done and report also normal. But last six month some pain nearby chest and back side, say I this is side effects angiogram or other problem please guide me.
I'm suffering from high pulse rate from last 5-6 months it triggers due to loud noise, stress specially after evening. I take ocp ovral l I dnt know what causes high hr. Im allergic to headache so I take pain killers cz its kind of severe pain mostly on left side of head sometime while sleeping on my back backside of my skull get numb I dnt know why.
I HAD A HEART ATTACK 10 YRS BACK. I USE ISMO 10 /LIPKIND 10/ECOSPRIN 75 /Co Ba Dex, used to take ACETEN 10 BUT IT IS NO MORE AVAILABLE. WHAT IS BETTER ALTERNATE TO IT. ANY NEW TAB THAT PREVENTS CLOTTING.
I have check cholesterol in pathology. Pl let us know the impact of cholesterol value (200) for men. Whst r the disadvantages and natural remedies fr the same. thanks.
I am 30 year old male, 6 feet height, 104 kg weight, suffering from chest pain, dizziness, headache, some times heavy body pain. Major issue chest pain and heaviness, headache. Facing it from last 1 year almost. Consulted with many Cardiac and Gastro doctors but still not diagnosed anything bust still facing this issue. Sometimes I have diagnosed with high blood pressure. Currently taking medicine for blood pressure from last 1 month. Need your suggestions. Why I am having such issues.
If you thought that chest pain occurred only due to a heart-related issue like a heart attack, you are wrong. Chest pain is one of the most common reasons that people visit the emergency services and it can be caused due to problems with your heart, lungs and digestive system.
Chest pain can be due to either of these two main reasons:
Heart- related Issues
1. Heart attacks called myocardial infarctions are very common reasons for chest pains. During a heart attack, the blood supply that serves the heart with oxygen is cut off due to plaque build-up in heart arteries causing the death of heart muscles.
- Other reasons for heart attacks are blood clots or torn blood vessels.
- Not all people having a heart attack have symptoms. Usually, people report symptoms like chest pain, upper body pain, nausea, sweating, fatigue, and trouble breathing.
- A heart attack is a serious medical emergency for which immediate care is needed.
2. Angina pectoris is a type of chest pain that results from reduced blood flow to the heart. Low blood flow means your heart doesn’t get enough oxygen. The angina pain is often triggered by physical activity or emotional stress and feels like a vice squeezing your chest or a heavy weight on your chest. It can also spread from your chest to your neck, arms, and shoulders. Other symptoms are fatigue, dizziness and nausea and these normally last up to 15 minutes only.
3. Unstable angina which causes crushing chest pains suddenly and even when you are not doing anything strenuous is a medical emergency as it can lead to a heart attack. This usually shows that your heart, arteries are narrowing alarmingly.
4. Other heat-related reasons for chest pains are-
- Mitral valve narrowing or stenosis
- Heart arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery disease
- Inflammation of heart muscles or pericardium and weakening of the heart muscles.
All of these are emergencies and need immediate medical attention to prevent a fatality.
Not Heart- related:
- Pneumonia is an infection in one or both lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. It causes inflammation in your lung’s air sacs and makes them full of pus which makes it difficult to breathe and causes chest pains, amongst other debilitating symptoms.
- Bronchitis is an inflammation of your bronchial tubes. It can be chronic or acute and it can cause a cough with mucus and chest pains.
- Pulmonary embolism is a blood clot that occurs in the lungs. It can go on to damage parts of your lung due to limited blood flow. Apart from this, it can also decrease oxygen levels in the blood and affect other organs.
It can be life-threatening due to permanent lung damage. The most common symptom of a pulmonary embolism is gradual or sudden shortness of breath.
There is also-
- bluish skin tone
- hest pain that extends into your arm, jaw, neck, and shoulder
2. Rib cage inflammation or Costochondritis is also known as Tietze’s syndrome. It is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. Patients experience chest pain in the upper and middle rib area on either side of the body due to this. The pain can also radiate to the back or the abdomen, getting worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.
3. Food pipe disease or Esophagitis is any inflammation or irritation of the oesophagus, a tube that sends food from your throat down to your stomach.
GERD- This condition occurs when the stomach contents and acids back up into the oesophagus. This causes chest pain that can mimic a heart disease. There may also be oesophagal spasms due to GERD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.