Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Hi doctor me saba from kashmir. I depression patient. I regular my medicine. But sometimes. I was soooo headch pain. Itnai sir dardh hota hai. Na mai baat kar pahtee hu ush time nahi kuch aur pain killer med. Sir dardh ka kya karu mai I am confused. Plzz tell me what I do. This is my request.
I'm mentally worried about certain things happening in my life. I passed out 12th on 2015 and due to some problems I dropped one year and took up coaching classes for medical entrances these year. As the exams are approaching I feel like I don't want to study MBBS as I am not going to be qualified. I want to do B. Sc Biotechnology. My parents are forcing me to make sure I get MBBS this year, because they have spend like 50k for coaching and they think it was a waste. And Because they think being a doctor is all about money and Lifetime insurance. They don't support my other choice i. E being a researcher. They constantly say me that it is a long way course and there is too much competition and I may end up being unemployed. They don't understand my ability of thinking and why I want to take biotechnology. Just because they say being Doctor is all about prestiges, money and insurance, I hate doctors and I hate thinking myself as a MBBS student too. Why would I end up taking MBBS because it makes people rich? I want to do something of my own, with my ability. Why would I run after prestige for just the tag before our names! Sometime I feel like ending up my life. I'm not even able to study for the entrances. I'm having sleep problems, sometime I sleep like never going to wake up or sometime I suffer from insomnia, my diet has been changed too. Either I eat too much or I don't eat at all and just lose appetite. I suffer from extreme headache too and not able to cry when I just want to scream and cry sometimes. Please help me through these.
My friend regularly has an habit of alcohol consumption. His age is 25. If he does not drinks for a day his body starts shivering. He can't wait at that moment runs to the shop and takes alcohol. Then his body comes to normal stage. Can't we change him?
I am a 21 years old boy. Even though I am physically strong, My mental health is weak. I feel mental depression frequently without any problems and I have negative thoughts on my activities. How to cure it?
I'm a bad habit that is smoking; Due to this reason I feel bad had headache only one side & in cold season back side. & some time feel my had & chest are like a hard spunj; I leave smoking last two month what this problem I have to face continuously what can I do now? Please suggests.
My father whole leg jerk sometimes in a week. When he sees leg or has his mind towards leg, jerk frequency increases. And if we indulge his mind towards other things Like in talking etc. Jerk become slower and gradually goes. He is also suffering from depression. Can this jerking be associated to parkinson disease? Why or why not. Help.
How to increase the concentration while doing studies. I am an engineering student I am facing many problems related to studies. Please help me.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor and snatches away the boon of communication.
Below mentioned points showcase how social media addiction negatively affects our mental health:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which again create mental health problems and stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly in various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.