Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumita Sinha
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Soumita SinhaYour feedback matters!
Experience was pretty good.
Having sugar plus asthma feel very depressed often so do not feel like any thing I am 45 years old married what are the checks to be done regularly.
Hi Dr. my wife was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and she will talk with other person alone and say some voice are heard by her from few month ago I will take treatment from hospital some issues are under control but she talk lonely and say someone do black magic.Please suggest what can I do give fast treatment for her recovery and thereby.
I am a medical student studying for first year mbbs exam and have been eating a lot due to stress. My weight has gone up to 104 kg and I am worried about my health. I would be done with my final exams in a weeks time and I would like to lose as much weight possible within 2 months time. Kindly suggest activities and nutrition supplement and fat burners that I could use for faster and safer weight loss.
I am 44 year old lAdy. Mood slings r very common for me now a days. Sometimes I don't know /understand what is happening? Am I in depression? Most of the time I remain sada want to happy but something steps me. I do not know the reason. please help me out. Thank you!
I'm having problem in my throat and I feel like something is stuck in my throat. These are the problems I'm facing And I do smoke cigarette that's why I'm worried about my Health Can you please tell me what's going wrong?
I am 46 years old person. Having depression and anxiety symptoms from last 6 years. But in recent months it is affecting my day to day life. Always my mind will be filled with some negative thoughts and never be calm excepting when in sleep. I feel tired and sleepy always. Recently as per one of my friends suggestion I started using" restyl" 25 mg at bed time. For which I feel little better next day and having a nice sleep. I do not know how far it is correct to use restyl. Pls suggest some thing to keep my mind calm and peaceful. Thank you.
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression.
The chances of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
- Constant fear and worry
- Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
- Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
- Panic attacks
- Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!