Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumayabrata Acharyya
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Soumayabrata AcharyyaYour feedback matters!
Hellow sir, mera beta 3 saal ka hai ,uskay face pr moluscloum contalism ho rakhay hai, six month ho gay hain, pehlay ayurvedic illaz Karaya, lakin ussay koi faiydaa nhi huaa,an bagel skin institute say treatment chal raha hai, doctor kapoor say, please suggest ,kya Karu, main laser say nhi karana chat as treatment.
I have a grand child who is a 2 years of age. He has developed the habit of eating ground soil. He does not eat regular food. In spite of his mother tries a lot. Ultimately she uses to fed him forcefully become very resolute and stubborn. This behaviour disturbs us as how to up bring him nicely and how to divulge his attention from eating raw soil.
My baby is 1 years and 4 months now. She has watery nose. Cough. And nasal block. And fever is 100.5. I gave her Crocin drops two times yesterday but still fever continues. Please urgently need your support. Yesterday completely she drank only milk. No rice etc.
We have 3 months baby to used the Johnson's product soap to the baby. But, few weeks ago using that soap to affect ovarian cancer to the human. So, please clear me which soup is best to the baby?
Hi doctors, My 20 month old baby girl, suddenly got cold, fever and loose stools with vomit, she tends to vomit whenever she coughs, my pead told due to infection from bottle feeding and to stop at once, then to avoid milk for 1 week, so I feed her with juices only, she prefers only orange juice so I give her fresh juice, but is it safe to give orange juice when cold is there? Any way stopping bottle suddenly is also quite challenging, she accepts milk n juice from bottle only, slowly I need to change her.
My 5 week old baby is hardly sleeping. Either she is in half sleep or not sleeping most of the time. She sleeps for an average of 5 hrs a day and 3 hrs at night. Should I see a doctor for this?
My child is 11 months old. He getting rashes on his face on skin & dandruff like on his scalp mostly on winter time or on air conditioned room. What should I do?
My three years old sick with a temperature of hundred degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids what should I do?
My wife is feeding 3 months baby. But I sucked her breasts and drink some milk. Is anything problem?
Hello. My son is 6 years old. He pass urine during sleep no matter whether he sleep during daytime or night time. Kindly suggest some solution.
My baby is 9 months old .some times getting sweating back of the head. Is getting any problem and getting any fever. Please suggest.
Hi. I am a mother of 14 months old baby boy. I happened to leave my baby with my parents and my husband at home and shift to Delhi. Yes, I wanted to focus, concentrate on studies, reach my goal, dream also wanted to take coaching classes after my career break for 4 and half years, so have left my baby yesterday with his grand parents and dad. How could he (baby) take me as I am not going to meet him for another 8-9 months? Will he remember me? What should I do? I mean should I stay in contact with him through video calls and occasional visit? What are the effects on him, if I do this and don't do this? And also what else I should do?
Uterine fibroids are referred to as benign, abnormal growths which tend to develop in the uterine walls of a woman. The size of such growths can range from a few centimeters to even excess of a few inches. As such, they can cause the uterus to increase to the size of a five month pregnancy. Although, the symptoms of fibroids are not always apparent, they often cause heavy bleeding and pain in women. A recent research concluded that around 60 to 75 percent women contract such fibroids by the age of 50, at least once in their life.
Depending on the site of formation, uterine fibroids are distinguished into different types. Intramural fibroids in the lining of the uterus and subserosal fibroids which develop outside the uterus are the most commonly observed fibroids.
What causes Uterine Fibroids?
Although, the exact reason for the formation of fibroids are obscure, medical professionals have determined certain factors that may affect their formation. Some of them are:
1) Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen, produced by the ovaries regenerate the uterine lining during each menstrual cycle and trigger the growth of fibroids.
2) Family history: If you have had a family history of uterine fibroids, then you're likely to develop the condition yourself as well.
3) Pregnancy: The production of progesterone and estrogen increases during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of fibroids.
What are the signs of the condition?
Depending on the location and size of the tumors, symptoms of such fibroids include:
1) Heavy bleeding and blood clots during periods
2) Pain in the pelvis
3) Frequent menstrual cramps
4) Pressure and pain in the lower abdomen
5) Swelling in the abdomen
6) Pain while intercourse
What is the procedure of the treatment?
Ultrasound and pelvic MRI are common diagnostic procedures to check for uterine fibroids. After diagnosis, depending on your age, size of the fibroid and your comprehensive health, the doctor would prescribe you with appropriate medications. Only after medications prove futile, doctors opt for minimally invasive surgeries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
For new born baby 2nd day. Mother feeding milk is not available, what is the alternative feed please suggest than.
My daughter is 6 week old she is due for her vaccination please provide me the list of all vaccine for her.
My nephew is usable to sit, walk and talk from birth time and his current age is 3 year please suggest any treatment.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 5 benefits of breastfeeding:
- Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
- Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
- Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
- Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces.
- Reduces the risk of obesity: It reduces the risk of allergic diseases and obesity in children during infancy and their life ahead. Barker hypothesis says that there is a possibility of fetal origin of adult diseases, so early obesity may predispose child to diabetes and hypertension in later life which decreases significantly with breastfeeding. Ideal situation is exclusive breast feeding till 4-6 moths followed by a phase of complimentary feeding with breastfeeding and to continue breastfeeding till 2 yrs and beyond. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.